Now that we have root, and our team is hard at work on getting CM running, here's a quick "bacon bits" package.
* Unified Vision/Ace kernel with overclocking and lots of goodies - https://github.com/C...c-kernel-vision (OC from coolbho3000, install SetCPU to use it)
* Notification lights fix - flash speaker LED for notifications
* Set ro.secure=0
* Add Superuser from ChainsDD
The kernel is based on the HTC ACE (Desire HD) release which is 188.8.131.52. I merged in the necessary changes for Vision so we are up to date with the latest!
You'll need a recovery which can flash stuff signed with testkeys. Use ROM Manager to install Clockwork recovery.
Push to your SD card and flash it in recovery.
With interactive governor and full OC, I'm hitting 2300+ on Quadrant.
Manual Instructions (if you prefer not to use Clockwork/Rom Manager):
* Setup Android SDK and install drivers/udev rules as needed
* S-Off your: G2 http://goo.gl/Sc134
* Copy vision-baconbits-0.3.zip to your sdcard, rename it update.zip (you can do this via adb using: adb push vision-baconbits-0.3.zip /sdcard/update.zip)
* Reboot to fastboot mode (adb reboot bootloader)
* Flash the recovery http://n0rp.chemlab....y-test-keys.img : fastboot flash recovery g2-recovery-test-keys.img (if you get 'waiting for device' your phone either isnt in fastboot mode, or you will need to fix your sdk drivers)
* You should get two 'OKAY's once recovery flash is complete
* Press the power button once; then the vol down button to highlight 'recovery'; then the power button again to select the 'recovery' option
* The phone will reboot to recovery
* Press volume up+power to show the recovery menu
* Select the 'Apply:update.zip' option, using volume keys to navigate, and power button as [enter]
* Once the zip applies, reboot
If you get signature verification errors on the zip, it means your fastboot flash of recovery failed to apply, redo it
Welcome to CyanogenMod
|Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
Guest Message by DevFuse
BaconBits 0.3 - Add some bacon to your G2
No replies to this topic