Cyanogen 7.1.0 nightly (based on Gingerbread 2.3.4_r1)
Current version: galaxy5-test2.93 - 03/May/2011
Recommended version: galaxy5-test2.91 - 30/Apr/2011
I'm starting a new thread on my Gingerbread build to help me keep better track of releases (as I can't edit the first post in the existing topic). I'll keep a changelog in this first post, along with the latest news and links. When Motafoca resumes his development, we can merge the topics again, or keep them separate if we decide to maintain separate builds. Either way, we'll share the source for anyone to hack
Special thanks to Motafoca* for all the "help" given by constantly interrupting me during development...
* READ THE NOTES BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR USING THIS ROM. Information is always updated in this post, and I'll kick your a** if you ask a question that's already answered.
* This is alpha-quality software, and some functions are still not available compared to the Froyo builds!
VERSIONS LATER THAN 2.91 HAVE REGRESSIONS - READ THE NOTES. Cyanogen's code is changing a lot, so things will be unstable for a few days/weeks. Don't upgrade to later versions unless the bugs aren't important to you, and don't ask me to fix these bugs. Until Cyanogen 7.1 is stable, these bugs are beyond my control and you will just annoy me by asking me to fix them.
* test2.93 - 03/May/2011 - now based on lge_thunderg code; fixed camera & video recorder; Broke USB Mass Storage and headphones.
* test2.92 - 01/May/2011 - rebuilt against first Cyanogen 7.1.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.4_r1) code merges, fixed WiFi for new version of Gingerbread; Broke USB Mass Storage.
- 30/Apr/2011 - converted system to ext4 (more speed + stability), new kernel (improves performance), fixed regular headphones (thanks to Ronison & Motafoca for patch), fixed wifi disconnections (hopefully), added Google Setup Wizard (no longer crashes), removed RomManager (we can't use it yet), battery life improvements
- 28/Apr/2011 - fixed app crashes (Angry Birds/FPSE, etc.), fully rooted, Phone dialer now locks during call, Market can now sign into Google account, tweak to prevent possible bootlooping problem. Thanks to Motafoca for discovering the crashing problem!
- 27/Apr/2011 - fixed: USB Mass Storage, brightness controls, battery usage, misc telephony bugs, SD/internal drive access speed
- 25/Apr/2011 - fixed 3G, Bluetooth (partial), ADWLauncher scrolling speed (fixed permissions)
- 24/Apr/2011 - fixed lcd density (now 120); added low dpi resources to fix various graphical problems (such as lock widget, boot animation, overlapping widgets, badly sized icons); added FM Radio app (but hardware is not yet working).
- 23/Apr/2011 - first release.
1. Flash .tar file in Odin with One Package option.
2. When recovery boots, do data/cache wipe.
* Brightness controls
* Audio (recording and playback)
* Touchscreen (no multitouch, don't ask because I'm not working on it)
* WiFi 
* Telephony 
* Bluetooth 
* Automatic network reconnection 
* Camera 
* EXT4 app2sd (regular Gingerbread app2sd -> FAT32 probably works)
 WiFi functions properly, but the signal strength is never reported properly.
[2a] When you first boot the phone, if you receive a call and try to answer with the hardware keys, your phone will reboot. You can clear this bug by making an outgoing call after you first turn on the phone. The bug will not return until you turn off your phone. If you receive an incoming call but you forgot to clear the bug, answering with the touchscreen controls will not cause a reboot.
[2b] When in a call, the microphone at your ear will be activated instead of the microphone at your mouth. The other caller may have problems with call quality because of this.
 The Bluetooth device is active and basic tethering seems to work, but not all Bluetooth functions (file transfer, headsets) have yet been tested.
 When you wake the phone from idle, sometimes your network connection will not reconnect automatically
 The camera preview always shows a black screen, but taking a picture actually works.
Available here: https://github.com/p...samsung_galaxy5
* He knows I'm only kidding
. This build uses Motafoca's kernel, and he always tries to help...
>> MAD Team Thread Forum