Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

LG Optimus C, M, S, T, U & V

optimus recovery menu lg optimus c cm7 clokworkmod LG LS670 cm7 lg lg optimus lg p500 lg optimus one LG Optimus M

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#181 JerryScript

JerryScript
  • Members
  • 26 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-IHO
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

Here's the latest build from Blarfie's repo for the Optimus V:

Inferior Human Organs Binaries

Source can be found at http://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans

His repo now has branches for both the Optimus S and V, and he's working on a couple of the other Optimus variants.

Edited by JerryScript, 11 August 2011 - 03:44 PM.

#182 JerryScript

JerryScript
  • Members
  • 26 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-IHO
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Looks like we will have C and M support soon in the inferiorhumanorgans repo! :)

#183 B.Moore

B.Moore
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:bryan_moore
  • Device Model:
    LG-VM670
  • CM Version:
    aospCMod-VM670-20110601
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

So far, this works great on my LG-VM670!

#184 JerryScript

JerryScript
  • Members
  • 26 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-IHO
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:18 AM

Glad you like it! :)

You can find the latest builds in the thread at xda in the Optimus V subforums.  Blarf is cooking up a storm with his new kernel for the Optimus V, pushing out new versions faster than I can compile them right now, and ath3nos and drewwalton have a ROM and rebuilt Xionia kernel going for the Optimus S.  I'm posting nightlies throughout the week, and the team takes the weekend off to let everyone catch up with the versions and really test things out.

Much thanks to the entire CM team for all their hard work which gives us the opportunity to create these ports!

#185 man258

man258
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    optimus t
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

my phone is the lg optimus t which i flashed an optimus one rom.when i turn the phone off then charge it the phone turns on.Is this because of the rom.Iam us i think andys752.thz

#186 fratermus

fratermus
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Inspire 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2 stable, TalonACE CFS kernel
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

man258, on 26 July 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

when i turn the phone off then charge it the phone turns on.Is this because of the rom.Iam us i think andys752.thz

That's a gingerbread thing, so yes it is because of the 2.3.x ROM.

#187 puffidredz

puffidredz
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

fratermus, on 27 July 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

That's a gingerbread thing, so yes it is because of the 2.3.x ROM.

yea thats a gingerbread thing, which i've found the hard way, can be bad if u allow your battery to completely discharge; the phone is too weak to stay on so it gets stuck in a reboot loop for 30+ minutes or until the phone gets enough charge to stay on. i dont know if the phone constantly rebooting like that for so long hurts the phone or not but its freaky and makes me paranoid that something might happen to my data. i'm probably over-reacting and it's probably harmless but to sit there and watch your phone constantly rebooting to the LG screen, then trying to load the home screen only to go back to the LG screen again 50+ times, it feels like trying to resuscitate a baby. you can only sit an wait and hope it recovers lol.

#188 rtrebino

rtrebino
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:rtrebino
  • Device Model:
    Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    VM670
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

I just recently rooted my phone today and tried to install cyanogen mod 7 but it never gets past the cyanogen boot up screen? Anyways i can fix this i would greatly appreciate the help.

#189 rtrebino

rtrebino
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:rtrebino
  • Device Model:
    Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    VM670
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

wont boot into my regular phone. did once but dont know how i did. now stuck in the clockworkmod :(

#190 JerryScript

JerryScript
  • Members
  • 26 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-IHO
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

This thread, especially the first post, will have your answer. :)

http://forums.androi...et-started.html

#191 TresSphinx

TresSphinx
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-VM670-IHO-07302011
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

puffidredz, on 27 July 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

yea thats a gingerbread thing, which i've found the hard way, can be bad if u allow your battery to completely discharge; the phone is too weak to stay on so it gets stuck in a reboot loop for 30+ minutes or until the phone gets enough charge to stay on. i dont know if the phone constantly rebooting like that for so long hurts the phone or not but its freaky and makes me paranoid that something might happen to my data. i'm probably over-reacting and it's probably harmless but to sit there and watch your phone constantly rebooting to the LG screen, then trying to load the home screen only to go back to the LG screen again 50+ times, it feels like trying to resuscitate a baby. you can only sit an wait and hope it recovers lol.

Looks like my battery died. I left it sitting on the charger overnight and still doing the reboot loop. Any suggestions?

Edit: Looks like somehow my recovery is back to stock. I tried charging while in recovery mode and that doesn't seem to be working either. The phone just keeps flashing a blank screen every 30 seconds or so.

Edit: Fixed using fastrootboot.

Edited by TresSphinx, 31 July 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#192 Almyar

Almyar
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Vibrant
  • CM Version:
    Cyangenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

I know this might not go here, however, i need the stock ROM for the LG P509. If anyone has it, and can send it to me, i will honor you as a god forever. (no, not really, lol)

#193 kayrypee

kayrypee
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LGVM670
  • CM Version:
    I.H.O. CM7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

jerryscript,

i havnt flased it yet (actually downloading files right now) but i have been checking it out and kinda following the bug fixes and peoples replys about it. i just wanted to say thanks for all the work u and blarf and everyone else who worked on it put into it. one of the main reasons i havnt flashed a rom to my V yet is cuz i havnt found one that is pretty much completly compatible with optimus v or makes me comfortable enough to try it ( still kinda on noob status as far as experience goes)then a friend (wyle) told me about it and ive been researching it ever since.but it looks really good and i cant wait to try it. thanks man

#194 BobZhome

BobZhome
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:BobZhome
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG L9 - LGMS769(MetroPCS)
  • CM Version:
    10.2.0-RC0.p769.BobZhome
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

A whole bunch of LS670 and VM670 ROM's to choose from here: https://github.com/i...erc/wiki/Binary

Enjoy!

#195 sidthekid

sidthekid
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

LG Optimus T currently running CM7 (Mik_OS), however the phone is still locked to T-Mobile. When I put in a non Tmobile SIM Card the unlock option doesnt show up. Also tried 2945#*500#.

Edited by sidthekid, 08 August 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#196 ikuiku

ikuiku
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    samsung galaxy s3
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

does anyone know if CM7 OS is open to malware?  knowing that there is rogue apps
out there affecting android OS.....just wondering

#197 JerryScript

JerryScript
  • Members
  • 26 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-IHO
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

There are now 6 different builds being maintained off the InferiorHumanOrgans fork of CM7.1.0-RC0.  What would it take to turn this into an official CM7 port?

#198 BobZhome

BobZhome
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:BobZhome
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG L9 - LGMS769(MetroPCS)
  • CM Version:
    10.2.0-RC0.p769.BobZhome
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

JerryScript, on 11 August 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

What would it take to turn this into an official CM7 port?
It's all political/who you know! If you check CMStats here: http://stats.cyanogenmod.com/
you will see that they support phones that are at the bottom of the list, yet there are phone at the top of list that are not supported. The Ascend(I use to build for) is number 17 on the list with number of users, yet not supported. The thunderg is # 23  and thunderc is # 48 on the list, so I really don't think the Optimus will get officially supported...unless Blarf knows poeple ; )

#199 「gu1dry」

「gu1dry」
  • Donators
  • 601 posts
  • Twitter:gu1dry
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Shooter, TF201, Encore
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

BobZhome, on 12 August 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

It's all political/who you know! If you check CMStats here: http://stats.cyanogenmod.com/
you will see that they support phones that are at the bottom of the list, yet there are phone at the top of list that are not supported. The Ascend(I use to build for) is number 17 on the list with number of users, yet not supported. The thunderg is # 23  and thunderc is # 48 on the list, so I really don't think the Optimus will get officially supported...unless Blarf knows poeple ; )
Its not political, people just not going thru the proper channels to get devices officially supported. If a maintainer has a fully or mostly fully version of CynaogenMod for their device, they have to submit their code to Gerrit. The CyanogenMod team usually does not "go out of their way" to seek out maintainers of unsupported devices.

#200 JerryScript

JerryScript
  • Members
  • 26 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus V
  • CM Version:
    BACKside-IHO
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

InferiorHumanOrgans is going through the proper channels.  It has already been named the maintainer of the thunderc, transfered by mik9.  All work has been submitted via commits to gerrit, and there are at least 7 different builds being maintained for two different phones, Optimus S and Optimus V, with work on the Optimus M getting underway.

I was simply asking what the next step is in getting to officially supported status.