Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nook Color

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#41 Brie987

Brie987
  • Donators
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:Brie987
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Vibrant
  • CM Version:
    Always
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

View Post911jason, on 20 January 2011 - 08:37 AM, said:

I'd seriously doubt you'll get to keep the UI since CM releases are generally as close to generic AOSP as possible with no carrier/manufacturer specific add-ons.

As for SoftKeys, I never see it unless I double-click my N button to bring up the soft-key bar. I've also never lost it with a reboot. Maybe older versions had that problem?
Thats too bad.  I have it rooted now and all my apps are located under the "extras" tab, was hoping for the same with CM7 if/when. I have the option of using a different launcher and also with "home switcher" and can go back to the NC home but like I said I like the NC UI. Did the OC 900mhz, did the 950mhz but I lost sensitivity on my screen so went back to 900mhz, its perfect for now.  Not ready for 1ghz, did not try and read much issues still.  Im really grooving on this little guy. :)

#42 Gmlarry

Gmlarry
  • Donators
  • 17 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTV EVO, Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

What Viewsonic G-Tab got a forum... where is the Nook Color Forum!!!

#43 batam

batam
  • Donators
  • 45 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    nexus one
  • CM Version:
    current nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

View PostBrie987, on 20 January 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

Thats too bad.  I have it rooted now and all my apps are located under the "extras" tab, was hoping for the same with CM7 if/when. I have the option of using a different launcher and also with "home switcher" and can go back to the NC home but like I said I like the NC UI. Did the OC 900mhz, did the 950mhz but I lost sensitivity on my screen so went back to 900mhz, its perfect for now.  Not ready for 1ghz, did not try and read much issues still.  Im really grooving on this little guy. :)
set adw for the n button. And if you use soft keys the home button there takes me to nook ui. And the n brings me back to the launcher

#44 aludal

aludal
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Device Model:
    NookColor
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Sure the NC stock UI looks classy, and in a sense, it's matching an overall artsy design of the device. There are some glaring flaws the NC designers couldn't possibly foresee. I for one, don't like popups in my xScope and some other critical apps: they render white options on white background. Nobody tweaked UI prefs to take care of that problem yet.

Sure, the forthcoming CM7 for the NC will wipe out all this NC stock stuff completely. However, there's absolutely nothing to feel nostalgic about: the CM theming is a sort of a side/support industry now, so anyone could find whatever suits his/her aesthetic aspirations best.

What might be of real concern for CM7 on NC devs is the lack of 2D/3D HW acceleration support, HW assisted support for video in AOSP 2.3 repo's. There's also no open TI Android 2.3 repo's for OMAP 36xx (probably on Moto request), and one can only pray that A2.3 drivers from Droid 2/X could be put to work on CM7 NC.

#45 Brie987

Brie987
  • Donators
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:Brie987
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Vibrant
  • CM Version:
    Always
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

What about bluetooth?  Any word on having it activated with CM7?

#46 FatTire

FatTire
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:fat__tire
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4 & 7, Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    self-built from git
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

View Postaludal, on 20 January 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

What might be of real concern for CM7 on NC devs is the lack of 2D/3D HW acceleration support, HW assisted support for video in AOSP 2.3 repo's. There's also no open TI Android 2.3 repo's for OMAP 36xx (probably on Moto request), and one can only pray that A2.3 drivers from Droid 2/X could be put to work on CM7 NC.

It does make it a challenge.  Nookie Froyo/Cicadaman is making some breakthroughs that will carry over.

#47 bighead

bighead
  • Donators
  • 17 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Thunderbolt
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

I picked up a NC when root was first achieved..  Been loving it ever since, currently running 950MHz and ADW.Launcher EX.  As a N1 owner with a latest nightly habit, I can't wait for CM7 on the NC!  I've donated to the XDA fund, as well as multiple times to Team Douche for all their work.

#48 aludal

aludal
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Device Model:
    NookColor
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

View PostFatTire, on 21 January 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

It does make it a challenge.  Nookie Froyo/Cicadaman is making some breakthroughs that will carry over.
Hope so too. Pulling out hardware-enabled 2D/3D drivers from Droid 2/X and customizing them for the NC is a serious challenge. Hopefully CM (CM7) group and our XDA-Devs have got enough skills to do that and more. By "more" i would love to see VOME framework out of AOSP 2.3 enabled on the NC, plus BT fully enabled.

aludal
-------------------------
fineoils.blogspot.com

#49 toastman74

toastman74
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:toastman74
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4g (the G.O.A.T.)
  • CM Version:
    CM7 RC4\Savaged-Zen 1.0.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

View PostLint6, on 12 January 2011 - 07:19 AM, said:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=908515

A flashable OC kernel for the nook.  I haven't been able to get it to work, it just hangs on the N screen for me.  But others have so I dunno..theres a 900mhz oc, a 950 "screamer" oc, and a beta of a 1ghz oc

i use 950 on mine and its great. rumors say the 1.1ghz works stable too but mi ascared to try it lol

#50 Painter_

Painter_
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    |6|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:59 AM

View Posttoastman74, on 24 January 2011 - 01:33 AM, said:

i use 950 on mine and its great. rumors say the 1.1ghz works stable too but mi ascared to try it lol

1.1 is rocking!

#51 apothegm

apothegm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |1|2|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

1.1 is with settings brought over from a 3630 kernel. Its far more stable than the 950 or even 900 quickie :-)

#52 Kazy

Kazy
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:kitfm
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

I made this boot animation and video in anticipation for it:

Still need to do a couple of tweaks in the animation though, but what I have is available for download in the link.

#53 aludal

aludal
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Device Model:
    NookColor
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

View PostKazy, on 24 January 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

I made this boot animation and video in anticipation for it:

Still need to do a couple of tweaks in the animation though, but what I have is available for download in the link.
LOL! Now, somebody needs to write and record a song with a line that goes like "CM7 on my Nookie". Post it in YouTube and enjoy thousands of hits.

#54 Lint6

Lint6
  • Donators
  • 259 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HD2/HTC Glacier
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:39 AM

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=925451

Another OC kernel..this one capable of up to 1.1Ghz...and this one actually works on my nook lol

#55 panz

panz
  • Members
  • 17 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Droid Incredible
  • CM Version:
    CM7 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

The Nook Color was never even on my radar until a friend of mine said that it was running android and being rooted.  screw the Xoom when I can get this for a third the price.  Should get my tax return in a couple weeks, I will be promptly heading to my local B&N...   :D

#56 kdb424

kdb424
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:kdb424
  • Device Model:
    Android Incredible CDMA
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

I am going to buy a nook color I believe in about 12 hours thanks to this post alone. I also plan on puttin down cash (most likely $20) at the first nightly for this and most likely more following once they progress and then again for stable release. Thank you all so much. I have installed CM7 in my incredible, nad rocked 6.1 the day I bought it. Never went anywhere else as there was no need to. Thank you so much for making the most amazing AOSP based ROM in the world (and AOSP based is all I'll use, but it's probably all ROMs)

#57 nootered

nootered
  • Donators
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    AN 2.12.25 (waiting for CM7)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Can't wait for CM7 to come to the NC. I love this thing!

For $249 you can NOT beat it. I have been running the 1.1gHz Kernel since it came out yesterday morning and it runs flawlessly. Quadrant scores for me are in the 1240's and sometimes higher.

Great little piece of hardware. Expect a donation as soon as the CM7 is released for it!

#58 diomark

diomark
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo + nook color
  • CM Version:
    ?
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

+1 - registered on this forum just to chime in. Would *love* to see Cm7 on the nook color. It's great hardware, and the devs are making progress, but could really use some more advanced expertise to make it the best tablet around..

-mark

#59 canyoufindben

canyoufindben
  • Members
  • 25 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

Just purchased a nook on Monday. Even without CyanogenMod, it's a pretty compelling piece of hardware. Rooted and modded it's even better. I believe with CM it would be epic.

#60 jimbo2412

jimbo2412
  • Donators
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:jimbo2412
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    Latest
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

Definitely contributing $$ once the first Nightly hits.