Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CPU Settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JWag12787

JWag12787
  • Members
  • 88 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA (Sprint)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

How does overclocking the CPU on your Hero affect it?
Does setting a low speed low, and a max speed high, affect battery or performance at all?
Does anyone recommend the best way to do so?

I have CM 6.1, and am looking to make sure my phone is capable of having this done, and set it to improve performance, but also try to save battery at the same time.

I'm still learning about rooting, roms, and what not for Android phones, and would love all the help you can give :)

#2 Scield

Scield
  • Members
  • 223 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    B&N Nook Color and WP7
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:15 PM

It does affect your battery life, either for better or for worse depending on your settings.  Try looking around on XDA for some recommended settings.  I used SETCPU and it figured out the max/min by itself based on the kernal I was using (Stable 6.0 at the time).  I had a couple of issues with it, like the phone freezing or the drop down menu getting stuck, so I took it off until I learned more about it and and could fool with it.  SetCPU also has settings you can choose, such as performance and other options to change the use of your CPU depending on what your phone is doing.