Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Wifi Does Not Work With CM 6.1.1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrcubes2u

mrcubes2u
  • Donators
  • 31 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

I just rooted and rom'ed my new G2 with CM 6.1.1. I have S-off and permaroot. For some reason, wifi will not connect. Whenever I enable wifi, it just says "error". I have 2 G2's and one of them is working fine. The only difference between the 2 is that I installed the OTA update prior to rooting the one that has wifi working. I tried installing a stock ROM on the non working wifi G2, and wifi worked fine. It seems to be a compatibility problem with CM/Kernel/Radio combo. I flashed the same version of the radio I am using on the working G2, but that did not resolve the issue. Any suggestions?

One other thing; when attempting to turn on wifi, it seems to turn on for a second and then I get the error "unable to scan for networks" and the wifi setting unchecks itself.

#2 angelotseb

angelotseb
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:sabez
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire Z
  • CM Version:
    6.1.0RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:17 AM

I have the same problem, none of the update since november 11 has worked for me... i still use following ROM: the update-cm-6.1.0-RC2-vision-signed.zip.

But I don't know how but a got S-ON again (after flashing the ROM) and now I can only use signed ROM for my G2...

When I try to use the wifi a got "error" after 2 seconds.

This is really annoying since wifi is one of the feature a use the most!

Thanks for your help anyone

#3 angelotseb

angelotseb
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:sabez
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire Z
  • CM Version:
    6.1.0RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

I fixed my problems! I did a lot of things to get there!!! Now i got the latest cyanogen release (update-cm-6.1.1-vision-signed.zip) without the wifi error.

but the principale thing to do is to update the radio ROM. You must have S-OFF with engineering hboot, then flash the radio image with fastboot.
I had the version that end with _26.03.02.36_M, now i Have the version that end with 26.04.01.17.

go to http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=799208.

If you need anything just ask! i'm not an expert but i will try to help you!