Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860)

atrix newbie how-to guide Motorolla Atrix motorola atrix cyanogenmod release date

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#121 KefkaticFanatic

KefkaticFanatic
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:nmkef
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    MB860
  • CM Version:
    None (Stock Motoblur Gingerbread)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Just a heads up, the dev team over at XDA (not sure if affiliated with the official CM team) has a working alpha build and selected 4 testers earlier today.  I would expect a public testing build to be released within the week perhaps!

http://forum.xda-dev...93&postcount=13

#122 paolo_sv

paolo_sv
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Atrix
  • CM Version:
    4g AT&T
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

i wait cyano x atrix!!!!!

#123 DarkRyoushii

DarkRyoushii
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:DarkRyoushii
    au - Australia
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

View Postguitarists10, on 24 July 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

Hello, I am an owner of a Motorola Atrix 4g. In the past couple of days, the phone received a 2.3.4 update. With this update came an unlocked bootloader. I did a fairly thorough search online and couldn't find any information on how to root my Atrix. I am not sure if superOneClick will work or if there is a better way to root the phone. I would really appreciate any additional information to help with rooting the device. Thanks in advance for your help.

View PostIncognitum, on 24 July 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

I think he meant 'officially unlocked' as in, the bootloader itself, not the Mcgyvered workarounds we had before. Anyone looking for the steps to unlock and root a stock atrix with OTA 2.3.4, they can be found here.

No, you're both wrong. The Bootloader isn't actually unlocked in the 2.3.4 OTA update officially and over at XDA people have hard bricked just by trying to SBF back to stock. The 2.3.4 OTA update brings with it a new version of the motorola bootloader, one that is designed to hard brick if you attempt to flash back to earlier versions of android that include older versions of the bootloader.

If you have updated to 2.3.4 then 1, you can't SBF back to 2.2.2 and 2, you can't install the unlockable bootloader which means you can only wait until the official bootloader unlock solution is released in late Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Correct me if any of this info is wrong.

#124 Pokechapp

Pokechapp

Say it like Porkchop

• Donators
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:AlanDeFunk
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    Cherry Blur
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostDarkRyoushii, on 28 July 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

No, you're both wrong. The Bootloader isn't actually unlocked in the 2.3.4 OTA update officially and over at XDA people have hard bricked just by trying to SBF back to stock. The 2.3.4 OTA update brings with it a new version of the motorola bootloader, one that is designed to hard brick if you attempt to flash back to earlier versions of android that include older versions of the bootloader.

If you have updated to 2.3.4 then 1, you can't SBF back to 2.2.2 and 2, you can't install the unlockable bootloader which means you can only wait until the official bootloader unlock solution is released in late Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Correct me if any of this info is wrong.
I actually have gone from 2.3.4 to unlocked bootloader and even flashed another ROM. I am running Cherry Blur now. Over on XDA there are a lot of hard bricks from the 2.3.4 update. What people are having a hard time doing is holding root on their phone and also going from unlocked BL to 2.3.4 and then trying to go back to 2.2.2. You can go from 2.3.4 to a custom 2.3.4 based ROM but not stock.

All you have to do is Fastboot CWM then from there root and before your phone makes a complete reboot (so essentially your phone is just rebooting a ton of times) install the unlock BL and then you are OK to boot. You lose all your data so back up. Then install ROM of your choice and voila. But don't follow my advice above, use the tools in the atrix noob thread. It is very clean cut and simple especially for someone that has never had to us fastboot.

#125 Pokechapp

Pokechapp

Say it like Porkchop

• Donators
  • 16 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    Cherry Blur
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

View Postbassmadrigal, on 24 July 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Well, as far as I am aware, 2.3.4 is still not a rootable version (and superoneclick is for Froyo only). That means that whatever hacks were used in the past to gain root access were fixed. So, the way to root your phone now would be to put a custom recovery on the phone using your unlocked bootloader and manually placing the root files on your phone through the command prompt. I am not too sure on this process, because if you want to keep your custom recovery, it also requires removing at least one android file that will change you back to stock recovery every time you boot.

There are people that have reported using CMW to install root. I tried but root would not stick after a full reboot. Every time my phone would get to the home screen it was gone. Same with anything I installed from fastboot before I unlocked it. So there are some people saying no problem (possibly earlier models) but others that are either all or nothing.

#126 jadwv2210

jadwv2210
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix
  • CM Version:
    Alien Build #2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Lots of misinformation in this thread.  You can still install 2.2.2 after you have updated to the 4.5.91 .sbf file.  XDA has things they are calling "FruitCakes" which are basically SBF files that have been repacked as zip files for flashing with CWM.  The only way you are guaranteed a brick is if you update to 4.5.91 and then try to flash an SBF that is 1.83 or older.

Also, any time you have access to CWM you will be able to root as long as someone has made the appropriate zip file which places the Superuser application on your phone.

#127 ptmus

ptmus
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    motorola atrix
  • CM Version:
    att
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

hello, i look after one rom cyanogen for a atrix by att? please? could you my help? thks very mutch!!!
my phone is unloked and thks you for your work

#128 XCellFoneRep

XCellFoneRep
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Supersonic+Galaxy Tab
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

rom build just got finished last week and is in testing.  shouldnt be too much longer...

#129 ptmus

ptmus
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    motorola atrix
  • CM Version:
    att
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

thks for your answers king regards

#130 EbRaInTe

EbRaInTe
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

I cant wait any longer!!! :)

I have a question, the ROM will be including a custom kernel, or just the /system partition? In case the answer is the first one, you will be bringing us the kernel sources?

Thanks!!!

#131 DarkRyoushii

DarkRyoushii
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:DarkRyoushii
    au - Australia
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostEbRaInTe, on 05 August 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

I cant wait any longer!!! :)

I have a question, the ROM will be including a custom kernel, or just the /system partition? In case the answer is the first one, you will be bringing us the kernel sources?

Thanks!!!

ROM includes a custom kernel made by Faux123 over at xda-dev based off the source of the latest GB build for the Atrix on AT&T. They also have an international kernel that you can flash if you are an international user.

#132 EbRaInTe

EbRaInTe
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the fast response!

#133 ofeks

ofeks
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    il - Israel
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

http://modmymobile.c...tml#post4099387 !!!!!!!!!!

#134 Jotokun

Jotokun
  • Members
  • 46 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    Turl's Unofficial CM9 v15
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

A pre-beta build has just been released, from what time I've spent with it, it looks pretty solid. Camera's wonky and compass doesnt work, but otherwise its been pretty good. If I dont run into any large issues I'll be using it as a daily rom.

#135 rozzco

rozzco
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    MB860
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1RC0 KANG
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostJotokun, on 06 August 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

A pre-beta build has just been released, from what time I've spent with it, it looks pretty solid. Camera's wonky and compass doesnt work, but otherwise its been pretty good. If I dont run into any large issues I'll be using it as a daily rom.

ditto.  I installed it yesterday and it runs great!  I can live without a camera and bluetooth for a few days.

#136 Pokechapp

Pokechapp

Say it like Porkchop

• Donators
  • 16 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    Cherry Blur
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

View Postrozzco, on 07 August 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

ditto.  I installed it yesterday and it runs great!  I can live without a camera and bluetooth for a few days.
How is the speed of the device? What about teh fingerprint scanner?

#137 rozzco

rozzco
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    MB860
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1RC0 KANG
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

View PostPokechapp, on 08 August 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

How is the speed of the device? What about teh fingerprint scanner?
Speed is great.  Quadrant scores from 3800 - 4100.  No fingerprint reader yet.  Battery life is meh, but hey, it's a pre-release beta.  wadda ya expect? ;)

#138 Jotokun

Jotokun
  • Members
  • 46 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 4G
  • CM Version:
    Turl's Unofficial CM9 v15
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:04 AM

View Postrozzco, on 08 August 2011 - 11:35 PM, said:

Speed is great.  Quadrant scores from 3800 - 4100.  No fingerprint reader yet.  Battery life is meh, but hey, it's a pre-release beta.  wadda ya expect? ;)

Pretty much the same for me except battery life, which seems to be the same as a Motoblur rom. If you can live with some broken features, its the fastest rom there is for the Atrix so far.

#139 OSN

OSN
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:OSNPA
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Pre-Beta2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

Pre-Beta #2 was released on 8/11 here:

https://code.google....atrix-dev-team/

Still some camera issues, but Angel Camera app seems to work. Bluetooth works and many bugs addressed. :)

#140 rozzco

rozzco
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    MB860
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.1RC0 KANG
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

View PostOSN, on 13 August 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

Pre-Beta #2 was released on 8/11 here:

https://code.google....atrix-dev-team/

Still some camera issues, but Angel Camera app seems to work. Bluetooth works and many bugs addressed.
It's much better now. I had to remove SETCPU to get the CPU to stop running at maximum though.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk