Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[CM7] Discussion of Nightlies

• Please log in to reply
1624 replies to this topic

#41 GOZ

GOZ
  • Donators
  • 120 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod7 Experimental
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Anybody try build 2 yet, as in install over the top?

carried by the monkeys that flew out my butt

#42 jahlewis

jahlewis
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:jahlewis
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    daily build
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

I tried 0, and got the boot loop, even after wiping cache/settings.  I'm ready to do a complete fresh start with my desire.  Forgive my newbie questions, but I need pointers to :
1) upgrading clockworkmod to 3.? (i'm running 2.?).  
2) wiping and formatting my SD card to a newer file system (EXT3?)
3) which IRC server is #teamdesire on?

Thanks.

#43 Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc
  • Members
  • 390 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

View PostEnnon, on 18 January 2011 - 04:37 AM, said:

Sweet! I wonder if it's functional on the BravoC tho. . . it would provide some decent performance enhancements afaik.

Interesting design decision. I didn't notice that when I was running it. (I have to backup all my stuff from my CM6 that I'm still running here)

THANK YOU KALI-! I can't wait to try it :D

Don't worry about the cache partition size. Everything works good without it--simply because it's redirected to data by the CM installer's verify_cache_partition_size.sh :)

The highlighted section made me lol :P

Anyway, unless CM7 gains a lot of size in weight (which it won't), your cMTD settings will be fine as they are. Just remember to run Firerat's boot patch after every install ;)

There isn't. I assume he was on the CDMA forums mistakenly.

Trust me i laughed at myself over that one too and thanks i will give that a try

Have build two up and running thanks to installing the boot patcher after the install and seems to be working good

Edited by Ellingsoc, 18 January 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#44 YANKZFAN007

YANKZFAN007
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    CM9 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Sorry to ask the question, but I cannot find the initial guide I used to install 6.1.1 with CMTD.

I want to try out the nightlies... but how do I flash so that I keep CMTD and all the space it frees up?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

#45 2fast4u88

2fast4u88
  • Members
  • 545 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Cdma Desire
  • CM Version:
    6.1 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

That is because ennon pulled his guide and the files. So everyone would use his eui installer. I have the files and the install is pretty easy if you need them. Also I've installed the first nightly and a few other I know with out a problem. Cept one was getting corrupted google apps and a boot loop. So I gave him what I had and all worked out fine.

So either something was done wrong. Or you got a corrupt download which I seem to get a lot of on here. It seems real bad when a new release comes out and everyone is downloading it.

My battery life blows on this build though for me. Not sure why but my phone still is warm/hot than froyo.

#46 YANKZFAN007

YANKZFAN007
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    CM9 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Sorry my question came across worng.. but thanks for the quick response..
I currently have the files and everything on the 6.1.1. that I am running right now..
I just cant remember how to keep those CMTD settings while flashing a new rom...

Again, thanks in advance!

#47 heavymetalmage

heavymetalmage
  • Members
  • 299 posts
  • Twitter:yotimdohm
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA x 2!
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightly RC4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostYANKZFAN007, on 18 January 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Sorry to ask the question, but I cannot find the initial guide I used to install 6.1.1 with CMTD.

I want to try out the nightlies... but how do I flash so that I keep CMTD and all the space it frees up?

You can find a guide to CMTD and all the needed files on MIUI: http://forums.miui-d...-4-Simple-Steps!

#48 Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc
  • Members
  • 390 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

View Post2fast4u88, on 18 January 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

That is because ennon pulled his guide and the files. So everyone would use his eui installer. I have the files and the install is pretty easy if you need them. Also I've installed the first nightly and a few other I know with out a problem. Cept one was getting corrupted google apps and a boot loop. So I gave him what I had and all worked out fine.

So either something was done wrong. Or you got a corrupt download which I seem to get a lot of on here. It seems real bad when a new release comes out and everyone is downloading it.

My battery life blows on this build though for me. Not sure why but my phone still is warm/hot than froyo.
My phone does not seem to get hot at all and battery is not too bad iam running it without juice defender for now to see how long it lasts today

#49 The_Moves

The_Moves
  • Donators
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    7.0 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Edit: Figured out what I did wrong with the Alarm, no issues there, lol

Edit:
Also noticed that the Video Camera doesn't work, however I think this has also been posted somewhere else too.

#50 Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc
  • Members
  • 390 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

The clock worked great this morning for me didn't have a problem as with GPS battery seems on par with cm6

#51 GOZ

GOZ
  • Donators
  • 120 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod7 Experimental
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

What I noticed is screen scrolling is laggy....batt life seems bad compaired to 6.1.1 with vork, I would love to try the vork version of the kernel to see if it makes a diff with batt life on 7. But seems to be a good start so far.

carried by the monkeys that flew out my butt

#52 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

On #0 I could not get gps to work even after using gps status to clear and re download agps data.
angry birds and a few other games played fine. (NFS shift did not work)

on #2 angry birds and other games cease to work.  I got a GPS lock once in gps status but never got it to lock later in Google maps.

screen scrolling and battery life have been excellent for me on #0 (i ditched #2 since it seemed a step backwards)

#53 Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc
  • Members
  • 390 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

View Postipfreelytech, on 18 January 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

On #0 I could not get gps to work even after using gps status to clear and re download agps data.

on #2 angry birds and other games cease to work.  I got a GPS lock once in gps status but never got it to lock later in Google maps.

screen scrolling and battery life have been excellent for me on #0 (i ditched #2 since it seemed a step backwards)
Iam on #2 and angry birds plays fine and gps lock is pretty quick i wonder what would cause these not to work for you did you try to reinstall the games

#54 sgtahanson

sgtahanson
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire - US Cellular
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Latest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

I've been running 2 for a couple hours.  I just finished restoring all of my apps from titanium and I've noticed that my phone is hot.  I'm also charging it...  The temp is 104F. I hope it starts cooling down soon.

gps and angry birds are working fine.

#55 The_Moves

The_Moves
  • Donators
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    7.0 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Angry birds works fine for me. I downloaded Nightly 2 and didn't bother formatting Data or Cache, so I didn't have to restore with Titanium backup. I'll comment on GPS and Battery life later.

#56 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

No, I just did an install over top of #0, but installing #0 on top of #2 made them work again.

even stranger, I just fired up GPS status and got a lock. I'm at 61°N in the winter so I wonder if the time of day has anything to do with the gps issues since no one else seems to have them.

View PostEllingsoc, on 18 January 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

Iam on #2 and angry birds plays fine and gps lock is pretty quick i wonder what would cause these not to work for you did you try to reinstall the games

Edited by ipfreelytech, 18 January 2011 - 09:15 PM.

#57 Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc
  • Members
  • 390 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

View Postipfreelytech, on 18 January 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

No, I just did an install over top of #0, but installing #0 on top of #2 made them work again.

even stranger, I just fired up GPS status and got a lock. I'm at 61°N in the winter so I wonder if the time of day has anything to do with the gps issues since no one else seems to have them.
That or it was having a brain fart lol

Does anyone know what was changed between 0 and 2

#58 FordThunder

FordThunder
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC CDMA Desire
  • CM Version:
    ?!?!?!
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

anyone know how to flash the cwm3 ?
since we dont have fastboot on the cdma desire.

#59 Ennon

Ennon

πκα

• Donators
  • 402 posts
  • Twitter:EnnonGShamoi
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S II (USCC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:24 AM

View Postjahlewis, on 18 January 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

I tried 0, and got the boot loop, even after wiping cache/settings.  I'm ready to do a complete fresh start with my desire.  Forgive my newbie questions, but I need pointers to :
1) upgrading clockworkmod to 3.? (i'm running 2.?).  
2) wiping and formatting my SD card to a newer file system (EXT3?)
3) which IRC server is #teamdesire on?

Thanks.

1) Flash it via adb in recovery. I can't recall how to do that offhand though. Google for 'flash clockworkmod adb' or something
2) This can be done via CWM3. I think that the CWM2 we have now formats as ext3 though? I'll have to check.
3) Freenode :)

View PostYANKZFAN007, on 18 January 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

View Post2fast4u88, on 18 January 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

@YANKZ: Anyway, all my guides are technically *down* right now. ALL of them, including non-EUI, will be back up once my new website is finished (a few days). Sorry about the inconvenience.

For cMTD:

Make sure that you have your mtdpartmap.txt on the root of your SD card. Optimal settings for it would be around 130 5 or something (130 for system size, 5 for cache size). Then get Firerat's cMTD files. Use the recovery.zip he has to configure the recovery on your phone for cMTD. Then do a full wipe (+ system) and reboot recovery. Then install the ROM as normal. Once finished, flash Firerat's boot.zip to patch the ROM to use cMTD settings. Reboot and you should be good to go :)

@2fast: Yes, my phone gets hot with CM7 as well. Battery life I can't comment as I didn't play around with CM7 much before restoring back.

View Postsgtahanson, on 18 January 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

I've been running 2 for a couple hours.  I just finished restoring all of my apps from titanium and I've noticed that my phone is hot.  I'm also charging it...  The temp is 104F. I hope it starts cooling down soon.

gps and angry birds are working fine.

I've stress tested my Desire--I got it up to 125 degrees F lol. You're doing good at 104 :P

#60 Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc
  • Members
  • 390 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

What is eui installer I don t recall seeing anything on this before ennon. What does it do!