Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM7

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 superuser

superuser
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    CDMA HTC Hero
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

Anyone else have CM7? working just great...no problems or crashes.

#2 196735

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    herocdma
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

i've had cm7 on my hero for a few weeks working great,but i did flash a vision version first and messed up my bootloader but oh well i can still flash roms and go back to stock by flashing for updates but i'm not leaving cm7 thing just flies and battery is outstanding.i had to get the beta swype dl and works very good  had no probs so far.i flashed loaded gapps loaded my apps back up,fixed per. in rom man. checked it out and made a back up working real good for me. just make sure you double up on your wipes before you flash it and wipe the bat stats too,dont realy know if it helps but when i was on 6.1 my batt. sucked good for about 10 hours now at 10 hours i still have about 80 % and i download alot of stuff just to check it out. calls text just normal use sure this would stay up for a day or more.check it out you'll love it.i still a noob at all this,but tell you what am hooked.wanna get all the info i can on building roms and stuff like that think it would be cool to put one up for the masses.

#3 Crapple

Crapple
  • Donators
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:djmdubrmx
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    Waiting on CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

View Post196735, on 02 February 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

i've had cm7 on my hero for a few weeks working great,but i did flash a vision version first and messed up my bootloader but oh well i can still flash roms and go back to stock by flashing for updates but i'm not leaving cm7 thing just flies and battery is outstanding.i had to get the beta swype dl and works very good  had no probs so far.i flashed loaded gapps loaded my apps back up,fixed per. in rom man. checked it out and made a back up working real good for me. just make sure you double up on your wipes before you flash it and wipe the bat stats too,dont realy know if it helps but when i was on 6.1 my batt. sucked good for about 10 hours now at 10 hours i still have about 80 % and i download alot of stuff just to check it out. calls text just normal use sure this would stay up for a day or more.check it out you'll love it.i still a noob at all this,but tell you what am hooked.wanna get all the info i can on building roms and stuff like that think it would be cool to put one up for the masses.

link please?

#4 196735

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    herocdma
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

i it off the nightly site there are links here and on xda forum i think i have the jan 31 build loaded right nowi may try some of the newer ones too but heck i'm happy as a pig in well you know.

#5 cyberknight

cyberknight
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprint Hero 200
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

I'm running the AOSPCMod which appears to be CM7 Mod.  Here's the link CM7. Follow the instructions in the Wiki.  I was skeptical at first but this thing is SWEEET...love it.  I'm running the 1 Feb 11 build and like the color schemes.  The previous builds had the green color scheme for the battery, signal, 3G indicator.  1 Feb build has Cyanogen colors.

Enjoying being in control of my Hero.  2 builds above Sprint, can't give up on the Hero.

~CK

#6 ebtek220

ebtek220
  • Members
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    CDMA Hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:02 AM

View Postcyberknight, on 03 February 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

I'm running the AOSPCMod which appears to be CM7 Mod.  Here's the link CM7. Follow the instructions in the Wiki.  I was skeptical at first but this thing is SWEEET...love it.  I'm running the 1 Feb 11 build and like the color schemes.  The previous builds had the green color scheme for the battery, signal, 3G indicator.  1 Feb build has Cyanogen colors.

Enjoying being in control of my Hero.  2 builds above Sprint, can't give up on the Hero.

~CK

How is the keyboard working for you in the 2/1 build?  I had installed the 1/28 build and found the keyboard to lag too much for me.  Has this been resolved?  I know others have suggested using Swype, but I've never really liked it.

#7 cyberknight

cyberknight
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprint Hero 200
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

View Postebtek220, on 03 February 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

How is the keyboard working for you in the 2/1 build?  I had installed the 1/28 build and found the keyboard to lag too much for me.  Has this been resolved?  I know others have suggested using Swype, but I've never really liked it.

I haven't had any issues with the keyboard.  Like it over the CM6.1 one...like the feature of long pressing to choose other characters.

#8 cadia

cadia
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA
  • CM Version:
    cm7 aospCMod-20110206-212316
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thanks to this thread, I took the plunge to CM7 and loving it. My Hero is close to being replaced and figured if I rooted and something went wrong, then oh well. I was using the stock 2.1 version that Sprint decided would be the end of updates for the Hero. I have to say cm7 gives my Hero new life. The battery is actually lasting me the entire day. The fresh look definitely makes me use my phone more. I am currently using the 2/1 nightly build. The only thing I am trying to find a replacement for is visual voicemail. I am new to the 'rooted' android scene, so if anyone knows of anyway to add visual voicemail, I would appreciate it!

#9 cyberknight

cyberknight
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprint Hero 200
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

View Postcadia, on 06 February 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

Thanks to this thread, I took the plunge to CM7 and loving it. My Hero is close to being replaced and figured if I rooted and something went wrong, then oh well. I was using the stock 2.1 version that Sprint decided would be the end of updates for the Hero. I have to say cm7 gives my Hero new life. The battery is actually lasting me the entire day. The fresh look definitely makes me use my phone more. I am currently using the 2/1 nightly build. The only thing I am trying to find a replacement for is visual voicemail. I am new to the 'rooted' android scene, so if anyone knows of anyway to add visual voicemail, I would appreciate it!
Then you're ready to flash the latest build...2/5.  As far as a replacement, I'd recommend Google voice mail.  I like this one since I can check my voicemail from multiple venues...from the phone or logging into my account online.  You can be notified by text/email.  Great alternative.  I rooted mine last summer and love it.  When Sprint came out with 2.1 it seemed sluggish and a hated the phone dialer.  This latest build works great and love the color scheme for the battery and signal bar on top.

~CK

#10 ghostinrags

ghostinrags
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    CDMA Hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

I just use the Sprint VVM.apk and have no troubles as far as voicemail issues. This ROM is the bomb, battery life is incredible! Takes a bit for ADW launcher to "wake up", a lot longer than CM6 did, but man, the extra battery life is worth the slight hiccup. Everything works, moving apps to SD is sooo easy and the new keyboard finally doesn't SUCK!!!! YES!!!

#11 cyberknight

cyberknight
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprint Hero 200
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

View Postghostinrags, on 08 February 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

I just use the Sprint VVM.apk and have no troubles as far as voicemail issues. This ROM is the bomb, battery life is incredible! Takes a bit for ADW launcher to "wake up", a lot longer than CM6 did, but man, the extra battery life is worth the slight hiccup. Everything works, moving apps to SD is sooo easy and the new keyboard finally doesn't SUCK!!!! YES!!!
Try using the Zeam launcher.  I've been using this with this ROM and is working good.  I tried the VVM, it installed but get the network error.  I'm liking the google voice mail since I can check it online...great at work since I can't bring the phone in the bldg but have access to GVM online.

~CK

#12 cyberknight

cyberknight
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprint Hero 200
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

View Postghostinrags, on 08 February 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

Try using the Zeam launcher.  I've been using this with this ROM and is working good.  I tried the VVM, it installed but get the network error.  I'm liking the google voice mail since I can check it online...great at work since I can't bring the phone in the bldg but have access to GVM online.

~CK

#13 ebtek220

ebtek220
  • Members
  • 65 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    CDMA Hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

I've come back to give the latest release of this rom a chance and have been impressed.  I've found that really the keyboard doesn't lag, but rather the "popup on keypress" option under keyboard settings was an effect that was annoying me in previous releases.

I've read in other forums that the camera doesn't take the greatest pictures.  I haven't noticed this while looking at photos on the phone, but it may be more noticeable while looking at a picture at full scale on a pc.

I can't saying anything yet as to battery life.  I wiped my battery stats this morning after a full recharge.  I'm hope that I'll get a good idea of how things will be in the next few days.

I've tried using Zeam in the past and haven't really noticed the difference that everyone talks about, but maybe I should try it again.

What are others using for your CPU settings?  Currently I have mine set to min:176, max: 691 ondemand.  This seems to work, but I'm curious what others are using.

I really don't understand all the hype about trying to get VVM working?  To me Google Voice seems like a much better application for handling voicemail.  That's just my thought.

#14 cadia

cadia
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA
  • CM Version:
    cm7 aospCMod-20110206-212316
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

View Postcyberknight, on 07 February 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

Then you're ready to flash the latest build...2/5.  As far as a replacement, I'd recommend Google voice mail.  I like this one since I can check my voicemail from multiple venues...from the phone or logging into my account online.  You can be notified by text/email.  Great alternative.  I rooted mine last summer and love it.  When Sprint came out with 2.1 it seemed sluggish and a hated the phone dialer.  This latest build works great and love the color scheme for the battery and signal bar on top.

~CK

Thanks, CK. I am going to flash to the latest build today and will check out Google Voicemail.

2.1 made using my Hero more of a chore than anything. I plan on upgrading my phone to something else within the month, but think I will hold on to my Hero and see if I can try to contribute to the community.

#15 jbrawley1

jbrawley1
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Supercharged Hero
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

THANKS for your posts CK!
I was able to get CM7 and I love it too!!! but thank you for your posts without them i would have never figured this out.

!JB

#16 F@ndroid

F@ndroid
  • Donators
  • 131 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S III
  • CM Version:
    Rooted Stock for now
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

View Postcyberknight, on 03 February 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

~CK

This is exactly how I feel about my Hero.  I got it with 1.5...immediately upgraded to 2.1, and using it was a chore.  I love having 2.2 on my Hero, when Sprint told me it wasn't POSSIBLE!  I love being able to control all sorts of aspects of my phone!  Made my Hero a perfectly capable device!  Can't wait to put CM7 on!

#17 mabnt

mabnt
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:mabnttru
    cn - China
  • Device Model:
    htc hero 200
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

View PostF@ndroid, on 10 February 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

This is exactly how I feel about my Hero.  I got it with 1.5...immediately upgraded to 2.1, and using it was a chore.  I love having 2.2 on my Hero, when Sprint told me it wasn't POSSIBLE!  I love being able to control all sorts of aspects of my phone!  Made my Hero a perfectly capable device!  Can't wait to put CM7 on!
everything is ok but the EVDO on my Hero CDMA, i cant connect to the CDMA, the connection state always told me unknown data error, hope this can be fixed on Experimental Mod or Stable Mod. my hero cdma is have a UIM card, used in china.

#18 winter128

winter128
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:winterimaging
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM 7 nightly 206
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

The "Official" nightlies should be in action very soon!!!!!! Darchstar has taken over for the Hero CDMA and hopefully soon we will see some real goodness.....

#19 fforde

fforde
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

Which nightly are you guys using? Not which day but for which device? I do not see a Hero CDMA build on the official nightly downloads page...

#20 hexibot43

hexibot43
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA
  • CM Version:
    Damage Cntrol at the moment
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:07 AM

Just got AOSPCMod CM7 up and running last night on my Hero thanks to info here.  I have to say that I personally think the keyboard is much better than 6.1.  I don't notice lag nearly as bad with 6.1.  It is keeping up with me.  I'm running on MetroPcs and all is working accept MMS.  I can live without it, but it sure would be nice to figure out what's up and get it working.  Same issue with 6.1.  The MetroAPNs don't seem to work on the Cyanogen based Roms.  I'd also like to figure out how to change anywhere it says Sprint to MetroPCS.  I've been doing a lot of looking but haven't found an answer yet. I really do think CM7 is giving a new life to my phone.  I was seriously thinking of moving on, but it is working well enough now to forget about that.  I used my phone all day today, and still have plenty of battery left.  I would have been plugging into the car charger on the way home before if I was even going to think of using it again.  It's like getting the bigger battery without having too!  Thanks, Mab