Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

How to update Market to 2.x?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vitorshigutso

vitorshigutso
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter:vitorgatti
    br - Brazil
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hello,

I currently have a Nexus One with CM 6.1.1, and my Android Market is still in version 1.8.2 (latest version is 2.2.11).

Because of that, I still have the old interface and probably that's why the web Market (market.android.com) doesn't work when I try to install apps from there.

I already tried to flash the newest Market manually from this post:
http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1993

But it didn't work (the Market keeps Force Closing and I have to install the old version again).

Then I tought "WTF, even my HTC G1 with CyanogenMod 4 and my brother's Motorola Quench with Android 2.1 received the automatic update to Market 2.x and my Nexus One didn't?!".

How can I update my Market to the newest version?

Thanks!

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

View Postvitorshigutso, on 03 February 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

I already tried to flash the newest Market manually from this post:
http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1993

But it didn't work (the Market keeps Force Closing and I have to install the old version again).

Did you clean the market data? This is usually the cause of it not working properly. I know it isn't an issue with the N1, because I got a replacement from HTC (broke the screen on my old one) and shortly after it was connected to the network it was running the newer market (never checked the actual version, but it was the new style). And this was on the stock Froyo that came with the phone.

Once you install the new market, go into Settings -> Applications -> All Apps (or something close) and clear both the data and cache. If that doesn't work, try and clear it through Titanium Backup.

If that still doesn't work, you could always upgrade to one of the CM7 nightlies. They have been running pretty great for the last few weeks with only one major issue (the "wonkiness"), but there is an app on xda to fix it (if you happen to have it... it is hit and miss, I don't have it). I love running Gingerbread, and it was driving me nuts when I was dealing with my buddies new Desire HD (which within a week or so should be running CM7) that came with stock Froyo and Sense UI. Come to the darkside... we have cookies  :D

#3 vitorshigutso

vitorshigutso
  • Members
  • 32 posts
    br - Brazil
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

View Postbassmadrigal, on 03 February 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

Did you clean the market data? This is usually the cause of it not working properly. I know it isn't an issue with the N1, because I got a replacement from HTC (broke the screen on my old one) and shortly after it was connected to the network it was running the newer market (never checked the actual version, but it was the new style). And this was on the stock Froyo that came with the phone.

Once you install the new market, go into Settings -> Applications -> All Apps (or something close) and clear both the data and cache. If that doesn't work, try and clear it through Titanium Backup.

If that still doesn't work, you could always upgrade to one of the CM7 nightlies. They have been running pretty great for the last few weeks with only one major issue (the "wonkiness"), but there is an app on xda to fix it (if you happen to have it... it is hit and miss, I don't have it). I love running Gingerbread, and it was driving me nuts when I was dealing with my buddies new Desire HD (which within a week or so should be running CM7) that came with stock Froyo and Sense UI. Come to the darkside... we have cookies  :D

Yes, I cleaned the Market cache and data, and also cleaned all the Dalvik Cache from Recovery.

I just don't know how CM4 could get the update, but CM6 couldn't. What I find strange is that there is no easy workaround for that... well, the new Market wasn't important for me until yesterday, with the new Web Market.

I used to install nightlies in my HTC G1, because I wanted more and more speed, but with my N1 everything is fast enough :P
If I had a decent spare Android, I would play with nightlies on my N1 for sure.
Maybe when a RC1 comes out... :-)

Damn, until then, I think I will have to stick with this old Market... :(

#4 epicstar

epicstar
  • Members
  • 44 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGSII i777
  • CM Version:
    7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

I've already said this in another thread, but the IRC channel said this was a permissions issue. They said to wait for CM7.

#5 danger-rat

danger-rat
  • Donators
  • 602 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    N1
  • CM Version:
    Latest nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

The only way I was able to get it to work was with a clean install...

Backup with titanium, wipe, install rom and gapps, install market, restore titanium...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

#6 Babaki

Babaki
  • Donators
  • 154 posts
  • Twitter:@babaki1
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    N1
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

im running the new market on 6.1.1 with my n1. i used this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HRV18C74

its 2.2.7, but it works great.  flash from recovery.

#7 c3k

c3k
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Device Model:
    n1
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

i've write a post about this problem, search for it

#8 vitorshigutso

vitorshigutso
  • Members
  • 32 posts
    br - Brazil
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

View Postepicstar, on 04 February 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

I've already said this in another thread, but the IRC channel said this was a permissions issue. They said to wait for CM7.
Permission? So if I give a "chmod 777" in the right file it fixes de problem?

View Postc3k, on 07 February 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

i've write a post about this problem, search for it
Whoa. I found your topic, and mine was posted before yours. Is it That hard to put the link here?
http://forum.cyanoge...e-sign-the-apk/

And you put as [Solved], but some people didn't seem to confirm that...
Well, thanks anyway, going to test your solution.

#9 cebertowicz

cebertowicz
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM6.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

vitorshigutso, just a note, you don't need the new market in order for the online market to work (I had originally thought the same thing). But I'm running the old market and still using the online market to push to my device just fine. Just make sure you have Google Talk open as it pushes through there. I actually don't mind the old market as I find it running faster than the new one and now that I can search all apps in a browser and push, why would I ever tediously browse that slow market again?

Edited by diamonds4599, 08 February 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#10 nuumuun

nuumuun
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM 6.1.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

look for c3k's post! it worked perfectly for me and i've been trying to get this working for a while now ...

edit: added link

Edited by nuumuun, 10 February 2011 - 04:06 PM.