Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

( converted to EDIFY ) ACS-Signed.zip / for ACS MMS

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 lohp75

lohp75
  • Donators
  • 104 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge/Lexikon
  • CM Version:
    Wanting CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

Main credit goes to ipfreelytech for the original AMEND script of acs-signed.zip that worked great in CWM2.x. But now CWM3.x requires EDIFY script to flash zip files. So I converted this and tested it in CWM3.0.0.5 with CM7 and it works great again! Just like any zip file, place it on the sd root and flash from recovery.  ENJOY!!!!!
{ make sure to flash during initial install of whatever ROM ( using CWM3 ) before first boot, other wise you will flash, reboot, open voice dialer, open APNs, menu, reset default, and reboot.

Acs_singed.zip> http://db.tt/uTGhEA3

Edit: this is the new zip without the two apk's that somehow jumped in the batch.

Attached Files

Edited by lohp75, 02 September 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#2 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

Thanks bro!!  Why the inclusion of voice dialer and mms.apk ??

View Postlohp75, on 22 February 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

Main credit goes to ipfreelytech for the original AMEND script of acs-signed.zip that worked great in CWM2.x. But now CWM3.x requires EDIFY script to flash zip files. So I converted this and tested it in CWM3.0.0.5 with CM7 and it works great again! Just like any zip file, place it on the sd root and flash from recovery.  ENJOY!!!!!
{ make sure to flash during initial install of whatever ROM ( using CWM3 ) before first boot, other wise you will flash, reboot, open voice dialer, open APNs, menu, reset default, and reboot }

Attachment acs-signed.zip

#3 lohp75

lohp75
  • Donators
  • 104 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge/Lexikon
  • CM Version:
    Wanting CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

Those weren't supposed to be in it. Ill tear it apart tonight and have a peek. If they are then I'll rip em out and repost the zip. Very odd

#4 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

Here it is without the apks. I signed again so it should work with any recovery.

http://ipfreelytech..../acs-signed.zip

and here's one for GCI. I tested that it inserts the banner and APN values

http://ipfreelytech..../gci-signed.zip

If anyone wants to adapt it for other carriers, just modify the apns-conf.xml file in system/etc/ and the eri.xml file in /data/

View Postlohp75, on 23 February 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

Those weren't supposed to be in it. Ill tear it apart tonight and have a peek. If they are then I'll rip em out and repost the zip. Very odd

#5 akhammer

akhammer
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Hero CDMA Non Sprint
  • CM Version:
    CM6 rc1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

Just a heads up, I didn't flash this till after a couple of reboots and all I did was flash it in Recovery and it worked great, I didn't have to open voice dialer or nothing.  Thanks for post the fix.

#6 akguanja

akguanja
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola A855
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

View Postipfreelytech, on 23 February 2011 - 04:14 AM, said:

Here it is without the apks. I signed again so it should work with any recovery.

http://ipfreelytech..../acs-signed.zip

and here's one for GCI. I tested that it inserts the banner and APN values

http://ipfreelytech..../gci-signed.zip

If anyone wants to adapt it for other carriers, just modify the apns-conf.xml file in system/etc/ and the eri.xml file in /data/

Okay totally off topic kind of but here goes, i see you know a bit about the GCI settings for apn and the droid so im hoping you can help me. after 2 days of trying to get this new phone i got off craigslist hooked up by gci emploee's to no avail(they got the txt/phone) working but no internet after some research i believe i figured out that something was missing from the stock ROM that was on the phone when i got it(or maybe the APN was totally wrong before because the recovery i made when i opend the apn xml file it had a bunch of non-gci information in it) so i decided to root the phone and upgrade to 2.2 so now after some research and try/fails i managed to get cyanogenmod 6.1.2 on the CDMA milestone.

AWESOME IM GETTING SOMEWHERE!

BUT NO!  then still no internet..... After more research i found your posts here and downloaded your gci-signed file, i opened it in recovery and i believe followed your directions.

Now when i go into open apn's in voice dialer i get a GCI Wireless APN so i rebooted etc etc and i still get no internet(i can get the net working with wi-fi although) if you can somehow help a droid newb out here maybe i have some settings wrong still im not sure... i just really want to get this phone working with my data plan as its the only phone i have. if you want to contact me then i have enabled the recieve email from members here and could give you my phone# maybe you could help me figure it out?

Thanks in advance man.

- AKguanja / Tre

#7 akguanja

akguanja
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola A855
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

This morning i went into GCI and they let me look at another CDMA milestone that was hooked up and working with GCI, i attempted to change the APN settings for the GCI Wireless APN thats now in the list and when i try and save it just dissapeers all together, doing restore default brings it back but with the settings that are in the gci-signed file. I had read somewhere about APN's not saving but i dont remember why not or what i will attempt to do some more research to find out how to get the settings from the milestone that was working into my milestones APN settings.

if it helps any here are the settings i copied from that other Milestone.

APN - internet
Username: %[email protected]
MMSC: http://mmsc.akdt.dataonair.net:6672
MCC: 310
MNC: 43
APN Type: mms, HTTP basic

there were 2 other settings i believe server and password also but they were just ****'s

the password was ****** or something and the server was a single *

Any ideas?

#8 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

sorry bro. I have no idea whatsoever.  I have never been a GCI/Digitel customer and never plan to be either.  I got the GCI apn stuff from Navalynt and threw it in the zip file.

I have only ever touched a few milestones and they drove me nuts! something as simple as ADB doesn't seem to work with them.

GCI presents an extra challenge with troubleshooting MMS sending due to the fact that they do not operate their own MMS server! http://mmsc.akdt.dataonair.net is owned by dataonair.net which is a company out of FLORIDA! so any time you send an mms message it gets routed through florida, its a leftover from digitel.

#9 akguanja

akguanja
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola A855
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

View Postipfreelytech, on 25 February 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

sorry bro. I have no idea whatsoever.  I have never been a GCI/Digitel customer and never plan to be either.  I got the GCI apn stuff from Navalynt and threw it in the zip file.

I have only ever touched a few milestones and they drove me nuts! something as simple as ADB doesn't seem to work with them.

GCI presents an extra challenge with troubleshooting MMS sending due to the fact that they do not operate their own MMS server! http://mmsc.akdt.dataonair.net is owned by dataonair.net which is a company out of FLORIDA! so any time you send an mms message it gets routed through florida, its a leftover from digitel.

i cant even get the internet to work... :/

is there a way to manually edit the apns in the phone via USB or some other way if i could just change the settings and get it to save maybe it would work.

Edited by akguanja, 25 February 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#10 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

Internet is not related to APN settings..  was the phone you bought off craigslist from a GCI customer? sounds like what happens when you try to hop networks with a cdma phone and don't do it right.

You need to be looking at the baseband programming.

do you have a proper data plan for the phone? do you get the 3g icon in status bar?

BTW the reason the stock rom has APN values for carriers other than GCI is because that same firmware ships to ALL ACG carriers (there are ~35 members in the ACG)

View Postakguanja, on 25 February 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

i cant even get the internet to work... :/

is there a way to manually edit the apns in the phone via USB or some other way if i could just change the settings and get it to save maybe it would work.

#11 akguanja

akguanja
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola A855
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

View Postipfreelytech, on 25 February 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

Internet is not related to APN settings..  was the phone you bought off craigslist from a GCI customer? sounds like what happens when you try to hop networks with a cdma phone and don't do it right.

You need to be looking at the baseband programming.

do you have a proper data plan for the phone? do you get the 3g icon in status bar?

BTW the reason the stock rom has APN values for carriers other than GCI is because that same firmware ships to ALL ACG carriers (there are ~35 members in the ACG)

IP, Navalynt helped me out. The phone turns out was a ACS phone and im trying to use it on GCI, i managed to re-write the APN but it didnt help. I can only txt and voice with it right now so i put it up for sale on craigslist since the guy i bought it from wont/cant really do anything to help me after selling it to me, i guess thats what i should have expected from craigslist lol. so needless to say im out some cash until i can get rid of this to a ACS user and still dont have a DATA working GCI phone...

Know anyone with a droid for the GCI network i could pick up on the cheap? lol or anyone who wants a milestone for ACS thats got cyanogen 6.1.2 on it?

On another note this is my first smartphone and OMG i love this OS (with the CyanogenMOD) its such a customizable system now its incredible, i know i wont be happy now until i have another droid with working DATA for GCI and the cyanogenMOD will go on it right away...

Thanks to everyone for the help.

#12 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

In the future to prevent that you should dial 611 on the phone before buying, that will ring the carrier and tell you who the phone is with. 611 and *611 should work even on a phone that does not have a service plan.

View Postakguanja, on 26 February 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

IP, Navalynt helped me out. The phone turns out was a ACS phone and im trying to use it on GCI,

#13 akguanja

akguanja
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola A855
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

View Postipfreelytech, on 27 February 2011 - 12:47 AM, said:

In the future to prevent that you should dial 611 on the phone before buying, that will ring the carrier and tell you who the phone is with. 611 and *611 should work even on a phone that does not have a service plan.

This phone calls GCI when you dial *611...

But maybe thats because it is now hooked up with GCI voice/txt, or would that make any difference?

:/

Edited by akguanja, 27 February 2011 - 03:25 AM.

#14 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

thats because you activated service on it with gci :rolleyes: PRIOR TO YOU BUYING the phone would be when you want to call *611, wtf would the point be now?

View Postakguanja, on 27 February 2011 - 03:21 AM, said:

This phone calls GCI when you dial *611...

But maybe thats because it is now hooked up with GCI voice/txt, or would that make any difference?

:/

#15 akguanja

akguanja
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola A855
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

View Postipfreelytech, on 27 February 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

thats because you activated service on it with gci :rolleyes: PRIOR TO YOU BUYING the phone would be when you want to call *611, wtf would the point be now?

haha, thanks alot for making me feel like a dumbass. hah but yea ive learned alot of stuff in the past few days, 3 days ago i had no idea any of the structure of a droid phone and or what APN PRL MMC MNC etc is/was haha... i am going to chalk it all up as a good learning experience and see if i can find a new droid phone on the gci network that i can get cyanogen on to use for the next 4 mos until my contract is up and i can renew and get a different phone from GCI @ a good low price.

#16 6thfloor

6thfloor
  • Donators
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Desire 1.06 hboot
  • CM Version:
    AlphaRev X Cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

Thanks Ipfreely. Mms and banner are golden!

#17 sdanime85@

sdanime85@
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

ipfreelytech,

I have a rooted desire flashed with cm7  (bravoc 7.0.1). initially when i did it i had to fix the mms and gps (no longer remember what mms fix i used). it was working awesome up to yesterday then nothing. ive tried a whole bunch of settings in the apns menu, nothing. i downloaded and installed the zip file, replaced the banner but no mms. went in and tried the http//mmsc1.acsalaska.net/servlets/mms thing. what settings do yourecommend? kinda out of options. called ACS and they did a reset and i did the prl upday by dialing *211 or what ever it is. not sure why all of a sudden just stops working. like everyone else i can receive just not send.

#18 lohp75

lohp75
  • Donators
  • 104 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge/Lexikon
  • CM Version:
    Wanting CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

View Postsdanime85@, on 01 September 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

ipfreelytech,

I have a rooted desire flashed with cm7  (bravoc 7.0.1). initially when i did it i had to fix the mms and gps (no longer remember what mms fix i used). it was working awesome up to yesterday then nothing. ive tried a whole bunch of settings in the apns menu, nothing. i downloaded and installed the zip file, replaced the banner but no mms. went in and tried the http//mmsc1.acsalaska.net/servlets/mms thing. what settings do yourecommend? kinda out of options. called ACS and they did a reset and i did the prl upday by dialing *211 or what ever it is. not sure why all of a sudden just stops working. like everyone else i can receive just not send.

Have you opened voice dialer via saying "apns"? If not then do it . Hit menu , hit reset default, and reboot. If you flashed the acs.zip then you should be golden afterward. If your with a diff carrier please specify.

Sent using Tapatalk

#19 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

ACS has changed their MMS server so a new patch was necessary. Big change is that your CID has to be correct (both unrevoked and Alpharev screw it up) and mms.apk needs to add something to the header.

new patch here:
http://ipfreelytech....oid/acs-mms.zip

#20 cursed

cursed
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    CDMA DESIRE
  • CM Version:
    NONE
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

links for gci's apns-config.xml are all broken, no matter what site I go to..

please attempt to root on 2.2, then backup? root using s-off from revolutionary.io
although its beta, it works fine with cdma desire, 2.2
I wish someone would do this for me..