Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Turning on WIFI Causes soft boot loop after flash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 josiahpeters

josiahpeters
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:josiahpeters
  • Device Model:
    HTC G2
  • CM Version:
    7 RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

When I enable wifi on my HTC G2 after a fresh flash of RC2 the phone does a soft reboot after a few seconds, it loads back up to the home screen and reboots again after about 5-8 seconds. After the 4th soft reboot I pulled my battery and booted it manually. It has not gone into a soft reboot cycle again. This did happen on previous nightly build before. Only seems to happen after the first boot of a new flash. This could be problematic for someone on their first flash.

My log is below.

http://pastebin.com/QDazmsun

Hopefully this helps someone else.

#2 chmouf

chmouf
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Mod 6.1.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Hello,

Thx for your trick. I have the same issue with my DHD with CM7.
Could the cyanogenmod team fix it ASAP ?

Thx

#3 blksol5

blksol5
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    |2|
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen latest
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:51 PM

i let boot.. and let it softreboot a fewtimes.. then i did a battery pull and issue was resolved. so reboots.. i'll test and see if i get anymore rebotos.

Edited by blksol5, 08 March 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#4 tkensiski

tkensiski
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    TMobile G2
  • CM Version:
    7.0 RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

Had the same problem, and did a hard reboot after a few soft reboots, still did not fix the problem but was able to get to the wifi setting and turn it off before it rebooted.

Let me know if there is anything I can od to help fix this

#5 G1ForFun

G1ForFun
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

View Posttkensiski, on 09 March 2011 - 01:26 AM, said:

Had the same problem, and did a hard reboot after a few soft reboots, still did not fix the problem but was able to get to the wifi setting and turn it off before it rebooted.

Let me know if there is anything I can od to help fix this

This has been a known issue for awhile now.... All you have to do is reboot once after flashing CM7. Then you can enable wifi without going into a loop.

#6 glitchsys

glitchsys
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC G2
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:27 AM

Verified I have the same issue. I found it interesting I got into a reboot loop though, CM7 RC2 just kept rebooting. It was too unstable until I took the SIM chip out and suddenly no reboot issue. The SIM I was using is an old TMobile SIM chip that wasn't allowed to register on their network, so although there was a SIM in the phone, it had no signal and wouldn't register. I figured it could be the cause so I took the chip out and it became more stable.

#7 Camaros_Kill

Camaros_Kill
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Moto Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM 6 RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:55 AM

Just had the same thing happen to me on CM7 as well on an OG Droid. Reboots and battery pulls were not doing the trick for me. And mine also was not on a fresh install. I managed to get it into airplane mode before it rrebooted and the next boot went fine. It all started when i went to turn wifi on and it froze half way through. I love CM7 but they have a lot of work to do. Not sure why it was released as an RC, let alone RC2 when RC1 never existed for the OG.

Edit: Turns out that as soon as i turn airplane mode off it goes back to boot looping. Anyone else with a similar issue? This is killing me!

Edited by Camaros_Kill, 13 March 2011 - 02:01 AM.

#8 Ssixer

Ssixer
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Htc magic
  • CM Version:
    6.00 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

I have the exact same issue. As soon as Wi-Fi is turned on on CM7 RC2 it soft bootloops indefinitely. Hard reset via battery pull does not fix it either. Back on 6.1.1 now :/ Any ideas?

Edit: Ok, got it to work. Trick is to do a full wipe, clean install, then as soon as CM7 boots for the first time reboot the phone without turning on WiFi. After the reboot WiFi should work!

Edited by Ssixer, 15 March 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#9 Bing

Bing
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    |2|
  • CM Version:
    CM 5.0.7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostSsixer, on 15 March 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

I have the exact same issue. As soon as Wi-Fi is turned on on CM7 RC2 it soft bootloops indefinitely. Hard reset via battery pull does not fix it either. Back on 6.1.1 now :/ Any ideas?

Edit: Ok, got it to work. Trick is to do a full wipe, clean install, then as soon as CM7 boots for the first time reboot the phone without turning on WiFi. After the reboot WiFi should work!

Had the same problem with my mytouch 4g, and your method worked! Thank you so much!