Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Motorola Droid Pro (XT610)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Any chance of getting a version of CM for the Droid Pro? I know it's not a huge user base, but it seems like progress has plateaued. It's been rooted, and the SBF has been acquired, but the only ROM available is horribly buggy.

#2 jhalsey205

jhalsey205
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

I was wondering the same. I love my pro but miss custom roms

#3 zarrach

zarrach
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

I would like to see this as well, I love the Droid Pro, but I have finally been told by Verizon that Motorola has a bug in their software causing the reboot issue.  Supposedly it will get fixed eventually, but I would like to have another option and unfortunately I am not skilled enough to write a port myself.

#4 SolidSnake

SolidSnake
  • Members
  • 12 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (toro
  • CM Version:
    AOKP M5
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

View PostFreak4Dell, on 10 March 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Any chance of getting a version of CM for the Droid Pro? I know it's not a huge user base, but it seems like progress has plateaued. It's been rooted, and the SBF has been acquired, but the only ROM available is horribly buggy.

Locked bootloader = no cyanogenmod.  ever.  unless someone gets a hold of moto's encryption keys.

#5 Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostSolidSnake, on 21 April 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Locked bootloader = no cyanogenmod.  ever.  unless someone gets a hold of moto's encryption keys.

Forgive me in advance. I'm not to familiar with how cooking ROMs for Android works. However, there is actually a custom ROM for the Pro. It's called Fission or something. The only problem is, it's very buggy, and as far as I know, not one person that has tried it has been able to use it as an everyday ROM. Since this ROM exists, though, doesn't it mean that somebody has already cracked the bootloader?

#6 SolidSnake

SolidSnake
  • Members
  • 12 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (toro
  • CM Version:
    AOKP M5
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

View PostFreak4Dell, on 21 April 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

Forgive me in advance. I'm not to familiar with how cooking ROMs for Android works. However, there is actually a custom ROM for the Pro. It's called Fission or something. The only problem is, it's very buggy, and as far as I know, not one person that has tried it has been able to use it as an everyday ROM. Since this ROM exists, though, doesn't it mean that somebody has already cracked the bootloader?

Unfortunately, that does not mean the bootloader is cracked.  The Droid X and Droid 2 have had several custom roms since very shortly after they were released, but still do not have cyanogen because their bootloaders are still locked down.  This means that certain key parts of the system (chiefly boot.img) aren't accessible.  Making roms that are missing parts in order to bypass a signed bootloader isn't cyanogen's game.  It wouldn't be part of his "vision" for the direction of the rom, which as far as I can tell includes ensuring that the rom functions fully across all supported devices.  Part of providing the best Android experience means making/keeping it open.

Hope that answers your question.

#7 Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

View PostSolidSnake, on 21 April 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

Unfortunately, that does not mean the bootloader is cracked.  The Droid X and Droid 2 have had several custom roms since very shortly after they were released, but still do not have cyanogen because their bootloaders are still locked down.  This means that certain key parts of the system (chiefly boot.img) aren't accessible.  Making roms that are missing parts in order to bypass a signed bootloader isn't cyanogen's game.  It wouldn't be part of his "vision" for the direction of the rom, which as far as I can tell includes ensuring that the rom functions fully across all supported devices.  Part of providing the best Android experience means making/keeping it open.

Hope that answers your question.

Yes, thank you. That was very informative.

Disappointing that Motorola has locked down these wonderful devices, though.

#8 SolidSnake

SolidSnake
  • Members
  • 12 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (toro
  • CM Version:
    AOKP M5
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostFreak4Dell, on 21 April 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

Yes, thank you. That was very informative.

Disappointing that Motorola has locked down these wonderful devices, though.

Yeah that's the problem with moto.  Great hardware, but they just dont get it from a software prospective (blur sucks).  I think the carriers are partially to blame too.  They want things to stay closed to keep people from tethering for free and removing their proprietary apps.  Even HTC's devices are becoming harder to root, as evidenced by the thunderbolt.

#9 zarrach

zarrach
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

After a long talk with Verizon support yesterday, mostly informing them about what they have posted on their own website and trying to find out when 3.8.7 would be available for me to get to fix the rebooting issue, I awoke this morning to find that an update for my phone had been downloaded and was ready to install.  I am at almost 6 hours now and no reboot, and the corporate mail sync is now working.  Not sure if my call sped up how fast I got the upgrade or if it was just luck but I am much happier now.

#10 droid99

droid99
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    Original
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

I've just bought a Droid Pro from USA (i'm in italy): in my opinion, it's a good device, but original rom has too many useless running apps and it's not very customizable.. Will CM crew create a rom for this phone? Thanks.

#11 Freak4Dell

Freak4Dell
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid Pro
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Just thought I should post up here. There's a port of CM being developed currently. It seems like there's still things to work out, but I just flashed it today, and from what I can tell, it's usable as a daily ROM, if you don't mind the missing features.

Thread on XDA with links and instructions:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1142728

Thread on DroidForums, where the developer has been posting. This one isn't so good for links to the newest versions, since there's no easy to find post with that information. However, it does have some good discussion in it:
http://www.droidforu...nmod-7-pro.html

Thread on DroidForums listing the current issues and resolutions:
http://www.droidforu...ues-thread.html