Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Font Size & Adobe Flash Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pgdee

pgdee
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Inspire
  • CM Version:
    Nightly 032311
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to everything Android, so forgive me if I seem to just be ignorant. :)

I flashed the Nightly build 032311 on my HTC Inspire last night, and it went well, I thought. The only issues I have with it are: (1) the font size does not stay at whatever I change it to, under Spare Parts, and (2) Flash doesn't seem to be working. I've tested only on the YouTube app and trying to watch Flash videos using the Browser. I keep getting an error. :(

I don't know if these have been solved in the forums. I've done a search and found nothing of help so far. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you!

UPDATE: I went to other Flash sites (like Kongregate and such), and that seems to work just fine. As far as I can tell it's just the videos that won't play.

Edited by pgdee, 26 March 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#2 PatricF

PatricF
  • Donators
  • 29 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    CM10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

About the font size is because, as I understood it, that Spare Parts isn't really a "tool" programmed for the things it shows it can do, it's just a demonstration of some sort or something similar. So if you change the font size in Spare Parts it will only change the size in the app and maybe sometimes outside the app for a while but then it resets. Some stuff it can do is permanent though.
I've been trying to change to a smaller text size for a while but can't find anything on the subject, I think you have to change the source code..

When I flashed my old Nexus One with the DesireHD mod, the font size was much smaller than the original and I liked it a lot but when I got my Desire HD it was just as big as on any other phone :(

I seriously don't like the big font as standard and would do anything to get a setting in the menu that will allow you to change the size permanently.

About your flash problem I don't know, I rarely visit sites with flash on my phone. However I didn't have any problems at all now when I tried Youtube and other sites with flash-ads.