Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

MMS not sending with CM7 RC4

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 oesjmr

oesjmr
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
    Deck's GB 1.3; Tiamat 3.3.7
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Since upgrading to CM7 RC4 from RC2, I haven't been able to send any MMS messages. I select a photo to send via Messaging from my gallery and hit send, but it doesn't send. If I exit from the person I'm trying to send to and go back to them, the photo and message are sitting there not sent. I'm using the standard messenger that comes with CM7 and do not have Google Voice set to do texting. Anyone else having this issue or know something I can try to fix this? Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#2 Evo-K

Evo-K
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    EVO WHITE-SuperSonic
  • CM Version:
    CM-7 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

I am having the same problem withCM6.12 reg messenger and handscent. Any help would be great.

#3 oesjmr

oesjmr
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

I've done some searching and just tried a permissions fix and reboot suggestion I found on another forum, but it didn't solve the issue. It might work for you though Evo-K since you're running 6.12...worth a shot.

Edited by oesjmr, 07 April 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#4 oesjmr

oesjmr
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

Well, I flashed back to my Sense ROM and updated my PRL and Profile, then flashed back to my nandorid...no luck. So reluctantly, I downloaded GO SMS Pro and MMS messages are sending fine through that program. I actually prefer the stock messenger over third-party apps, so I'm still hoping this issue is resolved in the next version of CM7!

#5 NobiNobiNoodle

NobiNobiNoodle
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Twitter:NobiNobiNoodle
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
    Cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Add one for this problem. I'm having to email pictures.  Actually, Has anyone confirmed if we can receive them?  I'd hate to have allot of MMSs floating around in 'the cloud.'

#6 xhaui

xhaui
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Device Model:
    Rooted Evo 4g
  • CM Version:
    Nightly #30
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

I have a problem sending large messages. I can sent smaller messages just fine, but if my text is greater than like 200 characters just just fails to send. I can recieve pictures and texts fine, just can't send.

#7 oesjmr

oesjmr
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:44 AM

I haven't had any trouble receiving MMS, just couldn't send. I tried to send a lower resolution photo too without success. Well at least with GO SMS I can blacklist those pesky texts from Sprint's voicemail app.

#8 Evo-K

Evo-K
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    EVO WHITE-SuperSonic
  • CM Version:
    CM-7 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

Thanks oeshmr I tried the fix permission and reboot but still can't send mms with handscent or reg messenger (cm6.12)

#9 oesjmr

oesjmr
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

Well I decided to do a fresh install to CM7 Stable this morning, wiping all cache and data. I used Titanium Backup to restore all apps and data except for the messenger. I tried sending out MMS and success!

#10 thrmltdown

thrmltdown
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo 4g
  • CM Version:
    C7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

View Postoesjmr, on 11 April 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

Well I decided to do a fresh install to CM7 Stable this morning, wiping all cache and data. I used Titanium Backup to restore all apps and data except for the messenger. I tried sending out MMS and success!

Is all MMS working? I can take a pic or video & send it, but if I choose anything from gallery the recipient gets a invalid file. I can receive pic texts but video I get cannot play file error. I wiped everything 3 times now & get the same results every time.

#11 oesjmr

oesjmr
  • Members
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

I just had a chance to test this. I sent both a photo and video and the person who received them confirmed they worked. I had them send a photo and video to me and I could view both fine.

#12 atyler

atyler
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

I had the same problem on 2 different versions of CM on 2 separate phones.  This fix worked both times.  Use root explorer, and make sure it is set to R/W mode (read/write).  Navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db and delete that file, then restart your phone.  After the restart, you should be able to send and receive MMS messages.

#13 Bango

Bango
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Sprint HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

View Postatyler, on 12 April 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

I had the same problem on 2 different versions of CM on 2 separate phones.  This fix worked both times.  Use root explorer, and make sure it is set to R/W mode (read/write).  Navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db and delete that file, then restart your phone.  After the restart, you should be able to send and receive MMS messages.

This seems to have worked for me as well. Thank you!

#14 elgoog

elgoog
  • Members
  • 55 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
    CM7 RC4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

That's amazing. This worked for me too. Thank you very much!!!!!

#15 bigmike09890

bigmike09890
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4g
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

Wasn't able to send on CM7 stable with any program (Go SMS pro being my program of choice for a while now) and this fix worked perfectly. Thanks!

#16 npsiwak

npsiwak
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM7-Warm2.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

I tried this, and it didnt seem to work for me.  The re-flash and update PRL fix was only a temporary fix (2 days or so).  What does this actually do, deleting that file?

Edited by npsiwak, 15 April 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#17 Zhamel

Zhamel
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Incredible
  • CM Version:
    7 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

I have to say this solution worked for me too.  Will have to look into this a bit to find out exactly how/why it works.

#18 red420acidbath

red420acidbath
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc evo
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen 7.0
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

i just installed cyanogen 7.0 first time rooting my phone and all is going pretty good except i thought i backed up everything and cant find it. Im having same issue with mms i try and download what was sent and it fails i have used the above work around and its still not working any other ideas or fixes?

#19 hgrimberg01

hgrimberg01
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Hero(CDMA)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

Are you on WiFi? If so, MMS will not work(nor will sprint VM). You must be on 3G(I think 4G works too) for it to work. This occurs on stock too. I think it's because the MMS server is configured to ignore connections from non sprint IP addresses.

#20 EmileSpecs

EmileSpecs
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm having the same problem.
If I disable Wifi and enable data connection, and then send an MMS it works. Thus let's eliminate all suggestion around APN settings etc.
I've also read on other forums that data connection has to be enabled for MMS to work, but this is NOT true on stock ROM.

Now, here's the issue: on the stock ROM for my Desire it didn't matter what sort of data connection was active or inactive.
What the stock ROM would do when you send an MMS is it would momentarily enable the data connection to send the MMS, and then disable it again and the same for incoming MMS.

So from what I can tell this must be a Cyanogenmod issue/bug or something to do with the provider apk for text and MMS.

Can any of the developers shed some light on this?

Thanks!