Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

sense camera app on cm7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reformy

reformy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi
Is there a way to install the HTC sense camera app on cm7 rom?
Thanks
Yair

#2 chogoria

chogoria
  • Members
  • 48 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

View Postreformy, on 09 April 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hi
Thanks
Yair
Afraid not, the HTC camera app is built into the Sense UI framework. If the stock androif camera app isn't for you, you will have to hunt around on the market to try and find one that you like. For effects, I use FxCamera by ymst, highly recommended.

#3 tryggerone

tryggerone
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
    3.0.0.5/CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

View Postreformy, on 09 April 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hi
Thanks
Yair
I too would also REALLY like to have a camera app that is much more similar to the Sense camera in CM7. I understand that this may not be possible, but is it impossible to design a camera app that would have the same functionality as the Sense camera but could be installed into CM7? For one, I really like the way the camera view takes up the entire screen, but mainly it seems like the Sense camera software makes better auto-adjustments in really high/low lighting situations that would result in better pictures, whereas the CM7 camera software results in washed out or dark/grainy images if it is too bright or too dark... I've tried using other cameras from the market including fxcamera, vignette, picplz, retro camera, which are all fun, but none that seem to have the same look/feel/functionality of the sense camera.

Sadly, having said all that, I certainly lack the skill involved in designing software. I fully appreciate the magnificent and magnanimous efforts of the cyanogenmod team and I certainly don't mean to diminish the awesome product they (you) have built! But that Sense camera is the one and only thing I miss from the stock Sense UI .