Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

No SIM Card. Emergency calls only

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jef6

jef6
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

I'm not sure if this is the phone problem or ROM problem or SIM problem.
Just post here to see anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.

I've installed CM7 for over two weeks, with everything working great!
But this morning, my phone showed a notification with "No SIM Card. Emergency calls only".

Well, here are what I tried to solve the problem:

1. I tried to open my phone, remove the battery and SIM card and cleaned it  and insert again
(i'm 120% sure it's in the right direction, it has worked fine for months!)
didn't work.

2. I re-installed ROM and still "No SIM Card". btw, I tried to install Leedroid and CM7 again.

3. I reset the phone to factory setting and erased/format the SD card, which i saw somewhere online.

4.I checked the "Location & security" - "Set up SIM card lock" and found the box of "Lock SIM card (require PIN to use phone)" is ticked,
I don't remember i did this! and I tried to input some PIN like 0000 or 1234. didn't work.
I thought it might be the SIM card problem then, and emailed my phone carrier about the PIN.
but I removed the SIM and rebooted the phone and re-checked the SIM card status, the "Lock SIM card" box was still there.
Ok, I got really confused in here now.

my phone carrier replied to my email, telling me to try SIM card in other phone, if it requires PUK, they will give me PUK. (I will do that tmr)
I'm thinking of trying some friend's SIM in my phone to see if the problem is in the phone hardware.

------------------------

Well, I don't know if this is just a simple problem. if it is, please help me. i got messed by this whole day.
thanks again.

#2 Meaple

Meaple
  • Members
  • 440 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightly GRJ22
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

Sounds like a sim lock because your phone is locked although it is weird it is doing it. Try another sim card and if it's still doing it, then it's locked. You can try to sim unlock utility over at XDA.

#3 jef6

jef6
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

thanks budd. i tried VMware to boot the unlock utility but fail to connection.
i will burn a real CD tmr and try again... hope it work.