Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

E:Can't mount /sdcard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 loso05

loso05
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC myTouch4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

I am new to rooting and changing roms. I properly rooted my device and everything was fine. I found that you could change the firmware via cm7. Did everything fine, but once the blue android on the skateboard came up it got stuck and kept replaying the animation. I did make a backup of my phone on the sdcard via ClockworkMod Recovery. But when i go to load the img, it keeps saying E:Can't mount /sdcard. I can bounce from HBoot screen to the ClockworkMod recovery screen, so im sure its not bricked, i hope. But i cant seem to get the sdcard to mount to restore. Please help, anything will be much appreciated.

#2 tescovee

tescovee
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:tescovee
  • Device Model:
    htc mytouch 4g
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

View Postloso05, on 27 April 2011 - 05:07 AM, said:

I am new to rooting and changing roms. I properly rooted my device and everything was fine. I found that you could change the firmware via cm7. Did everything fine, but once the blue android on the skateboard came up it got stuck and kept replaying the animation. I did make a backup of my phone on the sdcard via ClockworkMod Recovery. But when i go to load the img, it keeps saying E:Can't mount /sdcard. I can bounce from HBoot screen to the ClockworkMod recovery screen, so im sure its not bricked, i hope. But i cant seem to get the sdcard to mount to restore. Please help, anything will be much appreciated.

Did you use the format tool in the recovery screen? I had the same problem with my 8gig card untill i reformatted it to have a swap, ext partitions... just a thought

#3 neidlinger

neidlinger
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:mjneid
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC MyTouchHD
  • CM Version:
    CM7N61
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

View Postloso05, on 27 April 2011 - 05:07 AM, said:

-Put the ROM on the base of your SD Card along with the G/Apps. Make sure to verify the MD5SUM of the ROM.

-make sure the phone is fully charged and not connected to a computer.

-Boot into hBoot [ pull the battery  >put the battery back in > hold the power button and the volume down rocker. (you will see it's checking for the PD15IMG, don't worry about it right now)

-Select the "recovery" option from the menu on the hBoot. you'll need to use the power button to select the option

-[since you have a backup] do a factory wipe > flash .zip from SD card > let me pick > pick the Cyanogen mod

- flash a .zip > let me pick > the g/apps

- tap the back button till you back to the main recovery menu > reboot system now.

see if that helps.

#4 karim_kanu

karim_kanu
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Mytouch 4G
  • CM Version:
    HTC Glacier
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

Hi,
I have the same problem and in every step i do in ClockworkMod recovery i have this messages :
E: Can't mount /cachee/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

please i need help :blink:

#5 wiggumpd1

wiggumpd1
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Mytouch 4g
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

This has happened to me, the fix that has worked for me, is to go to advanced, then choose reboot recovery, usually fixes the problem on the first time,  but I have had to do it up to 3 times before it would mount the sd card.  There is also mounts and storage, and mount /sdcard, but I've never tried that.