Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Personalized contact ringtone not working properly in CM7?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 katsooba

katsooba
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7-05112011-NIGHTLY-GALAXY-S
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hello everyone!

i have a question about said topic,

i just installed the newest CM7 for Galaxy S - 05 11 2011 nightly and i have noticed that when personalizing ringtones for individual contacts through the contact list > "contact" > left soft key > options > ringtone , it oftenly doesnt "catch" the set ringtone.

i mean - the menu says that the ringtone is set but when that person calls me i get the main regular ringtone OR no ringtone at all but sometimes it does play the personalized ringtone.

sometimes even when i set personalized ringtones for a couple of contact they get mixed up

I.E - when mom calls she gets dads ringtone, when a friend calls he gets another friends ringtone.

its like it is doing a roulette with the ringtones, and sometimes it doesnt even ring, just stays silent.

any clue how to fix this?

all of my ringtones are in MP3 format, they work and media scanner identified them properly.

they are under /sdcard/RINGTONES and they work.

thank you all !

also, coming from a PilotXrom 2.2.1, now the speaker volume is MUCH weaker, any way on making it stronger?

Edited by katsooba, 13 May 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#2 katsooba

katsooba
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7-05112011-NIGHTLY-GALAXY-S
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

anyone ?