Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM6 RC1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 PDR447

PDR447
  • Moderators
  • 568 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    latest
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.  I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread.  I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!  Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download/install via Rom Manager(under cyanogenmod). Coming from CM a wipe shouldn't be necessary, but it never hurts. Coming from a non-CM rom wiping is definitely recommended/needed.

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot?  Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"?  Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting!  Enjoy!