Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Wycontacts 1.2 in CM7 replacement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Martux76

Martux76
  • Donators
  • 30 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy GT I9000
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod7 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hello fellow forumers!

I installed CM7 here, with a lot of hassle, but as a long time Gentoo user that was quite fun ;)
Great work what I can say so far, much better than the stock Samsung.

What really bothers me a bit is that app used for contact management: Wycontacts 1.2 by Froyo.
Its is a bit too basic for my needs. The stock version had at least the fast letter search bar on the right side and grouping of contacts. Can I install that version anyhow? Or can you advise me another contact manager which is fast and clean? I tried GO contacts so far and don't like it too much. Best would be just the stock version from 2.2.1.
Thanks in advance!

#2 Kaik541

Kaik541

The Arsehole Samsung Moderator

• Moderators
  • 598 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Captivate
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostMartux76, on 21 May 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hello fellow forumers!

I installed CM7 here, with a lot of hassle, but as a long time Gentoo user that was quite fun ;)
Great work what I can say so far, much better than the stock Samsung.

What really bothers me a bit is that app used for contact management: Wycontacts 1.2 by Froyo.
Its is a bit too basic for my needs. The stock version had at least the fast letter search bar on the right side and grouping of contacts. Can I install that version anyhow? Or can you advise me another contact manager which is fast and clean? I tried GO contacts so far and don't like it too much. Best would be just the stock version from 2.2.1.
Thanks in advance!

please read the FAQ this is already addressed there.