Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

LG Optimus Black (P970)

LG Optimus Black

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 差不多先生

差不多先生
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@mr_alittle
    cn - China
  • Device Model:
    LG-P970
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys, I am a new member of this forum, I'm from China, did not know what time the next nightly com out? Thanks for your work!

#2 nunoleite46

nunoleite46
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG P970 Maximo Black
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

+1 please :)

#3 xandin

xandin
  • Members
  • 18 posts
    br - Brazil
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black (P970)
  • CM Version:
    CM10 20121018
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hey, guys...

I have a Optimus Black and I am a programmer. I really want to contribute with the CM for Optimus Black. I think I can do some fixes and stuff...

[ ]'s

#4 Sebastian Bauer

Sebastian Bauer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black P970
  • CM Version:
    CM7-11162001 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Sounds nice, I installed cm7 nightly on my black yesterday. It runs smoothly and nice, but it still has some bugs to be removed, and the bat. liefe must be increased, half a day and the battery is empty (just with wifi on :( )

#5 duvee

duvee
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG optimus black P970
  • CM Version:
    None yet :(
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

please help us.. the bat life is really poor, and i mean, REALLY poor. (each day it's empty)

there is only one rom available (the nova) but that one has no bat life optimization and i have the feeling it isn't stable, and the cm nighty's are not finished. :(

Edited by duvee, 20 December 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#6 piereto

piereto
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    LG-P970 Optimus Black
  • CM Version:
    Nova
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hi guys!
I'm from italy, many people use CM in yours Optimus Black (nightly version) becouse LG doesn't release the firmware (Android 2.3) for our device.
We support Cyanogen work and will follow for new update.

#7 kookl

kookl
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    cm7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

is the new nightly continuing ?
also expect to see the stable

#8 Ernu

Ernu
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:ernu
    mx - Mexico
  • Device Model:
    LG P970 Optimus Black
  • CM Version:
    Original Firmware
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hello guys, I'm from mexico, i've used CM7 before, now with my new Optimus black i look forward to use it again =)

#9 Philip Gunnell

Philip Gunnell
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG P970
  • CM Version:
    None yet!
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

+1 for CM9 on the LG P970

I love my P970 but it needs to be free!

#10 Evgeni Petrov

Evgeni Petrov
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

I do not want to sound like ******* but can someone clarify if we are going to see more releases and when are they expected?
I have already written that I have pledge 50 euro for a stable release, maybe some other people can chip in also?

#11 RanjanJain

RanjanJain
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG P970
  • CM Version:
    Nightly 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

I checked CM7 Nighlty Build 20 and Selfkang4 on P970. Yes. Greaaaat phone with bullshit ROM supplied by LG. CM7 Nighlty is great. and Selfkang tooo. Some of the bugs, I faced are given below.

1. You are not able to call someone. Phone disconnected instantly after call was received by other party. needs a restart to resolve the issue.

2. Not able to receive calls. Calls disconnected instantly after you receive it. needs a restart to resolve the issue.

3. Ring doesnt work well. Sometimes rings, sometimes doesnt. needs a restart to resolve the issue.

4. Bluetooth headset is an issue. Even if bluetooth is conencted. I am not able to receive calls on headset.

5. Battery life is an issue. Draining 90% daily. Without Wifi, 3G and Bluetooth.

6. On keypad, keys on the edge doesnt work. You have to press 2 or 3 times. I faced this in Selfkang build but on the Nightly 20.

7.Messed up my contacts in my online a/c. Everything doubles.

8. Battery charging is very slow. Need 4 hrs for battery to get fully charged from 12%.

Now Pros.

ROM is very fast. Doesnt restart automatically. Now it forces you to restart it. he he he.... But good attempt. If this is the rate of success, hopefully, we will have stable ROM for OB P970 by end of Q1 2012.

Thanks Guys. You rocks... Keep it up.

PS: Filenames, which I downloaded were "update-cm-7.1.0-SelfKANG4-OptimusBlack-signed" and "cm_p970_full-20". Will try cm_p970_full-21 today and update you guys. If you need, I can provide logs, if available. Please let me know, how to do that.

Edited by RanjanJain, 30 December 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#12 Bogdan Vlad

Bogdan Vlad
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

CM7 Nightly build 21 verry stable so far. (Think I'l use this one until a stable build is released.)
All the incoming and outgoing call issues seem to be solved.
After 4 hours of use with wifi turnd on I still have 72% battery.

Edited by Bogdan Vlad, 30 December 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#13 Sebastian Bauer

Sebastian Bauer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black P970
  • CM Version:
    CM7-11162001 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

I just found out how to increase the battery life, but you have to live without some features :(

Display: Set the Display brightness to 0 (Its still bright enough, in my opinion)
CPU: Set the CPU minimum to 300, Maximum also to 300 (it laggs a bit but its okay, watch out, i dont take any responsibility if you damage your phone. But usually you cant damage anything )
Wifi, 3g/GPRS/whatever, GPS to OFF (I'm using APNdroid for disabling the 3g)
Use Advanced Task Killer to kill unused apps, they often run in the background draining battery

With these tweaks, my phone battery works for one day... I know this is still a very crappy value (before CM7 it held about 3 Days) but better than about 6 hours.
Activate wifi etc only if you need it, deactivate it when unused.

Greetings from Germany

Edited by Sebastian Bauer, 30 December 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#14 Tilu

Tilu
  • Members
  • 19 posts
    ro - Romania
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black P970
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

View PostSebastian Bauer, on 30 December 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

CPU: Set the CPU minimum to 300, Maximum also to 300 (it laggs a bit but its okay, watch out, i dont take any responsibility if you damage your phone. But usually you cant damage anything )

Why you payed for a phone with a 1GHZ cpu and you are keeping it at 300MHZ?

#15 Sebastian Bauer

Sebastian Bauer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black P970
  • CM Version:
    CM7-11162001 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Because 300mhz is enough for Android itself. As I said, it laggs a bit, but its still okay. If an App needs more than 300 mHZ, I set the CPU back to 1GhZ. Besides that, the CPU drains alot of battery, running with 1ghZ.

#16 s0dhi

s0dhi
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:ksodhi
  • Device Model:
    Moto Atrix
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostSebastian Bauer, on 30 December 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

I just found out how to increase the battery life, but you have to live without some features :(

Wifi, 3g/GPRS/whatever, GPS to OFF (I'm using APNdroid for disabling the 3g)

Good notes, but it isn't really a phone anymore if you turn off the radios.  And I agree with Tilu RE:CPU...  can't SetCPU or something be used to create profiles and limit CPU use when the phone is inactive?

I am eagerly waiting for a more stable release to install on my wife's OptBlack but battery life is a big concern.

#17 Sebastian Bauer

Sebastian Bauer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black P970
  • CM Version:
    CM7-11162001 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

The most of the time my phone is idling. So the bat. drains and drains. When I need Wifi, 3G or GPS I just turn it on and back off when not used anymore.

#18 lordz

lordz
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Lg optimus black p970
  • CM Version:
    cynogen mod 2.3.7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

There is a lot of nightly build of cynogen mod for p970. But i couldn't find any information or changelog about them. Which one is better ? Any idea ?

#19 RanjanJain

RanjanJain
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG P970
  • CM Version:
    Nightly 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hello Guys,

Some updates after 48 hrs of testing of CM7 Nighlty Build 21.

1. You are not able to call someone. Phone disconnected instantly after call was received by other party. needs a restart to resolve the issue. --- Issue resolved.

2. Not able to receive calls. Calls disconnected instantly after you receive it. needs a restart to resolve the issue. --- Issue resolved.

3. Ring doesnt work well. Sometimes rings, sometimes doesnt. needs a restart to resolve the issue. --- Issue resolved.

4. Bluetooth headset is an issue. Even if bluetooth is conencted. I am not able to receive calls on headset. --- Not Yet Checked. Will check and update.

5. Battery life is an issue. Draining 90% daily. Without Wifi, 3G and Bluetooth. --- Issue seems to be resolved. After normal usages of 40 hrs, My phone discharged completely.

6. On keypad, keys on the edge doesnt work. You have to press 2 or 3 times. I faced this in Selfkang build but on the Nightly 20. --- Issue resolved.

7.Messed up my contacts in my online a/c. Everything doubles. --- Issue resolved.

8. Battery charging is very slow. Need 4 hrs for battery to get fully charged from 12%. --- Seems to be resolved.

As usual, ROM is very very fast and stable too this time. Totoally custimazable.

PS: Filenames, which I downloaded were "cm_p970_full-21".

#20 Sebastian Bauer

Sebastian Bauer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus Black P970
  • CM Version:
    CM7-11162001 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostRanjanJain, on 02 January 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

Hello Guys,

Some updates after 48 hrs of testing of CM7 Nighlty Build 21.

1. You are not able to call someone. Phone disconnected instantly after call was received by other party. needs a restart to resolve the issue. --- Issue resolved.
I never had problems with telephone calls, outgoing or incoming.

3. Ring doesnt work well. Sometimes rings, sometimes doesnt. needs a restart to resolve the issue. --- Issue resolved.

Never had problems too

4. Bluetooth headset is an issue. Even if bluetooth is conencted. I am not able to receive calls on headset. --- Not Yet Checked. Will check and update.
Not tested yet

5. Battery life is an issue. Draining 90% daily. Without Wifi, 3G and Bluetooth. --- Issue seems to be resolved. After normal usages of 40 hrs, My phone discharged completely.
100000% Acknowledge. The battery life is the most problematic issue!

6,8 and point 8 - Can't say, never had this issues or couldn't test

As usual, ROM is very very fast and stable too this time. Totoally custimazable.

Yes it is!

Thanks
RanjanJain ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, Optimus, Black