Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Rom Manager

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chags

chags
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:chags007
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA
  • CM Version:
    cm-7.0.0-RC2-HEROC
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hey guys I normally don't post because I rarely have any problems with my phone. Call it a blessing I guess. I have had the premium version of Rom Manager for some time now. I think it's a handy tool for quick Rom updates and upgrades. My problem now is that it's not upgrading to the latest Rom versions or seems like it's not working sometimes. I can't reboot into recovery now after I updated the clockworkmod flash recovery. Maybe that was my mistake. I don't know but seems to me the last time I upgraded everything just stopped working. Should I go back into time or move forward? I like the future and don't like the past so hopefully there is a solution. Thanks guys.

#2 Scield

Scield
  • Members
  • 223 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    B&N Nook Color and WP7
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

I had a similar issue. Did you buy the premium version from the marketplace or did you get the free version from the marketplace then donate via PayPal for the premium license? The latter happenedto me and I just had to redownload the free version again and it remembered that I had the license.

Sent from my freshly baked Gingerbread Hero

#3 VsCDMAHero

VsCDMAHero
  • Donators
  • 471 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    CDMA Sprint Hero
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

View Postchags, on 24 May 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

Hey guys I normally don't post because I rarely have any problems with my phone. Call it a blessing I guess. I have had the premium version of Rom Manager for some time now. I think it's a handy tool for quick Rom updates and upgrades. My problem now is that it's not upgrading to the latest Rom versions or seems like it's not working sometimes. I can't reboot into recovery now after I updated the clockworkmod flash recovery. Maybe that was my mistake. I don't know but seems to me the last time I upgraded everything just stopped working. Should I go back into time or move forward? I like the future and don't like the past so hopefully there is a solution. Thanks guys.
Hi
Do a hard reset which is pull the battery out for a minute or two....then try recovery, but if not then I would do what Texas suggests...uninstall both ROM manager and premium verion.... then reinstall both and see if it fixes the problem....
If not then you may have to flash a different dated recovery onto the ROM manager...
But I noticed that you are running CM7 RC2... it would be best to update tho CM7 7.0.3 before trying the previous steps....

Once all the bugs are fixed then the future will be better than the past... so keep the faith brother

good luck

#4 chags

chags
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:chags007
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero CDMA
  • CM Version:
    cm-7.0.0-RC2-HEROC
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I bought the premium from market. I'm going to uninstall then reinstall, see what happens. If not then I will upgrade to the new Rom and take it from there.

#5 VsCDMAHero

VsCDMAHero
  • Donators
  • 471 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    CDMA Sprint Hero
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

View Postchags, on 31 May 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

Thanks for all the replies. I bought the premium from market. I'm going to uninstall then reinstall, see what happens. If not then I will upgrade to the new Rom and take it from there.
dude... if you uninstall the market is hooked up to google so it will never forget that you purchased it.... so no worries there...