Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Widgets are not showing themselves on widget list

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crowmaster

Crowmaster
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    pl - Poland
  • Device Model:
    Google Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hi, im new to Nexus One, and Cyanogenmod :). I instaled yesterday CM7.0.3 on my N1. Almost everything is fine exept that i dont see new instaled widgets on the widget list (i switched a launcher app to stock gingerbread one, from market, but when i switch to ADW, widgets are still missing on the list, so probably this isnt a launcher fault). Any advice?
Ouu, and sometimes notification icons like GSM signal strenght, wifi, 3g are loosing thier colors for a short time. :).
W8ing for answers, :)

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

The missing widgets are probably due to the apps being installed on the sdcard. Android prevents these widgets from showing up due to the possible breakages of the widgets when the sdcard is mounted through the usb. Move the apps back to internal and they should show up fine. The same will go for any apps that would have services running or are tied directly into the Android OS (like facebook or gmail).

Oh and the color differences are just when the phone loses connectivity to google's servers. Usually these are tied in with your connectivity through GTalk. Now, why the phone is losing its connectivity, I am not sure. Maybe has to deal with your network signal. Once the network signal drops, it has to wait until it comes back up and then try to sign in again with your google account(s).

#3 Crowmaster

Crowmaster
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    pl - Poland
  • Device Model:
    Google Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

yes, i loose colors when i have wifi and network data off, so ok. I didnt know that :). Its gingerbread feature?
moving widgets to phone memory also resolved the problem, thanks! :)

#4 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Yes, the colors just signify you are connected to google's servers for syncing purposes.