Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Dell XCD 35 (Indian Rebrandd ZTE Blade) bricked or not?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hackaholic

hackaholic
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    Dell XCD 35
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hi guys need some serious help on this matter plz.
I had recently installed a stock rom of Dell XCD 35 Gen 2 Android 2.2 from this link it was installed successfully and I was using it for 3 to 4 days now but it kept on showing the low phone memory warning so I decided to give the partitioning the sd card a try I searched on the net and even watched few videos but the most easiest and safest way that I could find was using the Rom Manager.
But to use the rom manager's Partition the SD Card feature it asked to flash the recovery os I said install then it took me on an option screen where it asked me the size of the partition I selected 256MB then for the swap size I selected 32MB.
Then the phone restarted I went in the settings tab to see if had been partitioned but nothing seemed to have happened so I thought of partitioning the SD card from the Recovery Menu but when I restarted the phone I reached the FTM Recovery Menu So I decided to restart the Phone and again install the Cyanogen Mod but instead it just stuck on the Dell logo I then tried to enter the recovery menu again but now it doesn't even enters the recovery menu..
But if I remove my battery and just connect it through a usb cable to a pc it starts and gets detected by windows but nothing else....
I have Android SDK installed on my PC (in case if that helps)...

#2 qouet

qouet
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    CYANOGEN 7.0.3 STABLE
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2N2JHK4T
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U2IQ0KA6

Hi, if you have acces to your device with adb , download the two file

(FTM LOGO) (power+voumedown)

first is the recovery for 2.2.x version
second is fastboot for flash recovery with PC

copy recovery2.2.img to the fastboot folder

use cmd and type "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery2.2.img"

reboot your phone and press volume down !

you have acces to the recovery and flash new rom :)

but you dont hace acces to your device  with adb

try this :

http://www.box.net/shared/7ct66pdt6u

unzip file on your c:
and launch install-recovery-windows.2.5.1.8.bat

good luck

PS if you turn on unix please contact me  
install-superboot-recovery-mac.RA-blade-v2.sh

#3 hackaholic

hackaholic
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    Dell XCD 35
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Yeah I searched on the net and found the ADB method online and did that already and the phone is now working fine I think it wasn't a brick after all
anyways thanks a lot for your help and it is really appreciated...

#4 bored adg

bored adg
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Dell XCD35
  • CM Version:
    Android 2.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

View Posthackaholic, on 03 June 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

Hi guys need some serious help on this matter plz.
I had recently installed a stock rom of Dell XCD 35 Gen 2 Android 2.2 from this link it was installed successfully and I was using it for 3 to 4 days now but it kept on showing the low phone memory warning so I decided to give the partitioning the sd card a try I searched on the net and even watched few videos but the most easiest and safest way that I could find was using the Rom Manager.
But to use the rom manager's Partition the SD Card feature it asked to flash the recovery os I said install then it took me on an option screen where it asked me the size of the partition I selected 256MB then for the swap size I selected 32MB.
Then the phone restarted I went in the settings tab to see if had been partitioned but nothing seemed to have happened so I thought of partitioning the SD card from the Recovery Menu but when I restarted the phone I reached the FTM Recovery Menu So I decided to restart the Phone and again install the Cyanogen Mod but instead it just stuck on the Dell logo I then tried to enter the recovery menu again but now it doesn't even enters the recovery menu..
But if I remove my battery and just connect it through a usb cable to a pc it starts and gets detected by windows but nothing else....
I have Android SDK installed on my PC (in case if that helps)...
heyy!!!!
i also have dell xcd35 with android 2.2 and 512MB ram.......i wanna install cm7.0.3 on it.....i know how to install it but i m afraid that it will harm my phone.....can u plzzzzzzzz  help me....how did u installed cm7 on your phone????? is it working fine??????? plzzz help me.....

Edited by bored adg, 29 June 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#5 Juicy Brown

Juicy Brown
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

The example above is something that I worry about as well, how to show your own genuine enthusiasm and share the fact that your product is useful in that case.cheap oakley sunglasses

#6 hackaholic

hackaholic
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    Dell XCD 35
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

View Postbored adg, on 29 June 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

heyy!!!!
i also have dell xcd35 with android 2.2 and 512MB ram.......i wanna install cm7.0.3 on it.....i know how to install it but i m afraid that it will harm my phone.....can u plzzzzzzzz  help me....how did u installed cm7 on your phone????? is it working fine??????? plzzz help me.....

Sorry about that buddy but I never read your question but if u still wanna know then just message me...

#7 athani

athani
  • Donators
  • 26 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix 2 MB865
  • CM Version:
    GB 2.3.6
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

I too wanted to know if it is possible to have CM 7 on Dell XCD35.