Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hungarian TPT without SD card, is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ios2android

ios2android
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Okay, so I am new to this whole Android thing.  I was an iOS user since the iPhone 4 came out.  I didn't switch because I wasn't satisfied with iOS, but I just wanted to see what this Android was all about.  Anyways, I've been going hard for 2 days trying to get my Orange San Francisco (aka ZTE Blade) to CM7.  I purchased it in the UK and now I'm in the US.  Let me give you the rundown of my unique situation...

-NEW Orange San Francisco
-yes, it is the B10 version (blocked bootloader functionality)
-it is GEN1 not GEN2
-a non-functional SD slot (not the SD card, it is the slot that does not work at all)
-Mac (as in, I'm doing this all on a Mac)

So basically a new B10 OSF with a non-working SD card slot and I'm trying to get to CM7.  Based on my extensive research, I've concluded the best way to do this is to...

1) Unlock
*some people have had issues if they didn't unlock prior to TPT
2) Root
*obviously necessary to do anything
3) Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 install
*need a decent ROM to sit with until I can move onto CM7
4) Hungarian TPT
*hoping that the TPT will fix the fastboot/bootloader functionality and even the SD card slot (a stretch, but possible if it's firmware)
5) Re-unlock
*if necessary, some have reported that the TPT relocks the device
6) GEN1 to GEN2 upgrade
*because this is necessary for CM 7.0.2+
7) --> CM 7.0.3
*the reason I have hesitated to go directly from Step 3 to Step 7 is some have reported frozen screens and those who have did not to a Hungarian TPT

Now I have been able to complete steps 1, 2, and 3 without an SD card.  I'm doing all my commands, file transfers, and magic through SDK ADB via Terminal (the Mac version of Command Prompt), but NOW I'M STUCK.

My question:  Is there anyway for me to do the Hungarian TPT [or any TPT for that matter (as step 6 also involves a TPT-like process)] without an SD card?

Thanks in advance.  I plan on compiling a guide once I'm complete, because I do not want anyone to go through everything I've been through over the last couple of days.

#2 hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
    CM7 - Recent Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

you cannot do a TPT without an SD card. However, you can flash firmware (which achieves the same purpose as TPT) from Windows.
Seeing as you have a mac, I suggest you find a windows PC you can use somewhere, and follow these instructions, using one of the two recommended firmwares.

#3 janosh

janosh
  • Members
  • 23 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy SII (i9100)
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 9 (RC2 - nightly build)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

bocs, de nem értem világosan hogy mit is szeretnél :) megfogalmaznád röviden? akkor lehet, hogy többet tudok segíteni!