Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Flash player update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#-19 rtor7

rtor7
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc desire z
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Wasn't  sure whether to create a new topic as this relates to 7.1 but here goes.

I just flashed 7.1 on my desire z and the streaming video is lagging and stuttering like crazy. I tried the config data fix originally when there was no picture and that worked inasmuch as I now have extremely slow lagging video.

Before cm7.1 I was using virtuous unity and of course stock and streaming video was never a problem ... must be a sense setting?

I am using adobe flash player 11.

Any ideas?

#-18 joho500

joho500
  • Donators
  • 1 posts
    nl - Netherlands
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire Z
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

OneLikeSeaBass, on 09 June 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

To get Flash 10.3 working on the stock browser you need to do two things: 1) force stop the browser process 2) Remove all permissions for /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/config.data *Fix also works for Dolphin. Just change com.android.browser to mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser Changing the permissions restricts the flash plugin or the stock browser or the webkit or I dunno what from reading config.data. This file is screwing with video playback of anything over 240p. What's weird is that the config.data generated for 10.2 and 10.3 appears to be identical, except for the ProductVer string. Since the file contains settings for h264 high, baseline and main profiles, there's probably some change in 10.3 to the way it uses this information. Either way, this is a bandaid for those that don't wish to use Opera until the heart of the issue is found/addressed.

The solution from OnLikeSeaBass worked for me. I'm using Flash Player 11.1 now on CM 7.1.

Cheers,
Joost

#-17 sashank

sashank
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Worked for me too. HTC Desire HD running CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC1, Flash Player v11.1.111.7

Thanks!

Edited by sashank, 28 March 2012 - 04:51 PM.