Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

updating nightlies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imageek

imageek
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

I have been running CM7 on my cappy since around mid March. I had to get used to the new way of updating when things changed and the way I read them was I could just start updating through Rom Manager. This has not worked for me. I am able to download the updates and i even get notified of them, but Rom Manager will not reboot into recovery. I have to move the update to /sdcard and shut the phone down and then power it up into recovery using the 3 button method then install the zip. This is not that big of a problem and usually takes me just a couple of minutes, but I recently bought my son a cappy and we put CM7 on his phone and I noticed that his will reboot into recovery from within Rom Manager.  I can long press the power button and then choose reboot and then choose the option to reboot into recovery and this works, just not from within Rom Manager.

Is there something i need to look at and/or change to have this functionality? I just hope i do not have to revert to stock then back to CM7 to get this functionality.

And I also just want to give my many thanks to the CyanogenMod team for all their hard work and for all the griping and complaining they have to put up with. This is seriously the best phone i have had and most of that is in part to the work they have done on this ROM. Thank you!

Edited by imageek, 17 June 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#2 Futang44

Futang44
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:Futang44
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGS I897/727
  • CM Version:
    CM9 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Have you tried pressing the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" button?  Once pressed, you select captivatemtd, then it will ask you if you already have recovery.  If you do, select which recovery you have and ROM Manager should be  linked to your recovery.  If that doesn't work, I recommend doing a nandroid backup then trying to reflash recovery through ROM Manager...

Edit:I noticed your info says you have "Cyanogen" recovery.  The above steps I used for clockwork mod recovery.  I am not sure if they are the same or not...

Edited by Futang44, 07 July 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#3 imageek

imageek
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

I do not know why i chose that for my profile, i fixed it though. Yes i have flashed clockworkmod rrecovery. I have tried this more than once.

I have not tried doing it from within recovery itself. I will try that and let you know how it goes.

#4 lightswitch2159

lightswitch2159
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Captivate
  • CM Version:
    CM6.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Sounds like you have denied ROM manager super user rights.