Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[CM7] Discussion of Nightlies

Battery Drain Charge Dialer keyboard shortcut

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#41 prh

prh
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM4D2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

I know that the LED has been an intermittent issue during development/for some users. I am wondering if other people are having an issue I am:  I am using Go SMS with custom notifications, and it is unable to control the LED at all, even just the default notification. My notifications through CM's LED settings are working fine, but they are then overriding the settings I have in Go.  Anybody here using Handcent or Chomp and having the same issue? (or have it working correctly?)  Also, I have seen a few threads elsewhere about this in CM, so if this is an issue with CM, please tell me so.  Thanks!

#42 azwillnj

azwillnj
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

Does the camera work yet?

#43 romyG

romyG
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Nightly #4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:39 AM

The camera works fine for me on nightly #4.  I have tried both video and stills.

#44 romyG

romyG
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Nightly #4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

I am also using Go SMS with custom LED notifications, and it seems to work fine for me.  Using nightly 4...

#45 androidboy55771

androidboy55771
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Build 5
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

I've notice a problem where if you select the pattern lockscreen and turn off the screen. When turning on the screen again, the lockscreen goes straight to the pattern lockscreen instead of the rotary lockscreen. When the lockscreen is changed to a pin, this problem does not occur. This is only an issue when listening to music and you want to easily change a song.

#46 mode

mode
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

Has anyone had the following issue:

Setup
Dock phone in media dock
Have someone call your phone

Problem
Are you able to answer your phone while it's on the dock?  

I believe the typical behavior is being able to slide the button to answer, and default to speakerphone on.

Thanks,

#47 romyG

romyG
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Nightly #4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

View PostromyG, on 05 July 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

I've got the same issue.  I'm running nightly #4 (did a full wipe when I flashed #2, only wiped caches when I flashed #4...)  The ambient light sensor (and the custom backlight settings) are also not working for me.  Sounds like Dewlite had some luck with nightly #3 and a full wipe.
Have you tried a newer build with a full wipe?

Ambient light sensor and backlights are working for me on nightly #5.  Great work guys!

#48 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

Anyone else lose 1% increments after flashing Rev's 7/6 nightly? I'm back to 10% increments in the status bar.

I installed over previous (7/4 r1) w/out wiping, but just want to confirm that's the issue before I go wipe.

Edited by Redflea, 06 July 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#49 prh

prh
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM4D2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostRedflea, on 06 July 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

Anyone else lose 1% increments after flashing Rev's 7/6 nightly? I'm back to 10% increments in the status bar.

I installed over previous (7/4 r1) w/out wiping, but just want to confirm that's the issue before I go wipe.

I flashed CM-5 over Rev's 7/3 and lost the 1% increments as well. I also did a full format/wipe.

#50 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

Rev says:

"fixed... sorry, made a change and didn't sync it ;-)

ok, back to the family now, lol O:-)"

So 1% increments should be hack in tonight's nightly from Rev at:  http://www.revnumbers.info/

#51 prh

prh
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM4D2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

Does anybody have the issue where the phone is awake almost all the time in battery usage?  I have been having that issue all along. Today, it seems that Gallery has kept it awake most of the time, but I haven't noticed Gallery using battery other days I have checked. I am CM-5 after a full wipe last night, but I noticed this issue before also.

#52 romyG

romyG
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Nightly #4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

Yes, I am seeing the same thing under battery use, also on CM-5 - the bars at the bottom indicate awake and screen on almost all the time, even though it had been off.  One thing I did notice was that the time at the top of the screen says 1 hour 30 minutes on battery, but the time between the graph and the bars says only 4 minutes...

#53 prh

prh
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM4D2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostromyG, on 07 July 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

Yes, I am seeing the same thing under battery use, also on CM-5 - the bars at the bottom indicate awake and screen on almost all the time, even though it had been off.  One thing I did notice was that the time at the top of the screen says 1 hour 30 minutes on battery, but the time between the graph and the bars says only 4 minutes...

If your issue is with Gallery also, I went into running services and stopped the service running for the Gallery. Force closing in Battery Usage won't work because it will re-spawn, but killing the service has alleviated the issue for me. Going to update tonight anyways.

#54 romyG

romyG
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Nightly #4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

View Postprh, on 07 July 2011 - 05:54 PM, said:

If your issue is with Gallery also, I went into running services and stopped the service running for the Gallery. Force closing in Battery Usage won't work because it will re-spawn, but killing the service has alleviated the issue for me. Going to update tonight anyways.

I'm not seeing an issue today, still on cm-5.

#55 dipdocdroid

dipdocdroid
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

I just installed CM7 and am finding when I click a link that doesn't just go to a webpage, I get an error "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly."  This happens when I click "install" from within the app market, when I click the link to download a new CM nightly, as well as other random times.  I was able to download from dropbox, so it's not strictly a download issue. Occured in 7/5 (my first install) as well as after updating to 7/7.  Anyone else dealing with this?

#56 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Try this...found it on a thread by googling for "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" - does not appear to be ROM -specific as folks posted about it on several different ROMs/phones...if below doesn't work I suggest you do some more googling on that phrase.  

"Not sure if you still need help but found the answer that helped me elsewhere...go to Settings --> Applications --> Download Manager --> Clear Data. Resolved the problem on my Evo immediately."

If it starts taking too long to find the root of an odd problem, I typically fall back to the nuclear options (wipe data/factory reset, then wipe data/factory reset, format system and reinstall, and finally SBF and start over).  Good luck.

Edited by Redflea, 08 July 2011 - 06:11 AM.

#57 veratrize9

veratrize9
  • Donators
  • 29 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC One M7
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

View PostRedflea, on 08 July 2011 - 06:06 AM, said:

Try this...found it on a thread by googling for "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" - does not appear to be ROM -specific as folks posted about it on several different ROMs/phones...if below doesn't work I suggest you do some more googling on that phrase.  

"Not sure if you still need help but found the answer that helped me elsewhere...go to Settings --> Applications --> Download Manager --> Clear Data. Resolved the problem on my Evo immediately."

If it starts taking too long to find the root of an odd problem, I typically fall back to the nuclear options (wipe data/factory reset, then wipe data/factory reset, format system and reinstall, and finally SBF and start over).  Good luck.

I had this problem a few times after flashing new versions of CM on my G2 and it works like a charm almost every time.

#58 Matt brooks

Matt brooks
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Using CM-7 nightly #9 and it seems like the battery drain is back.. does it make sense for the display to have 56% of the total battery usage even though it says that the screen has only been on for 1:08 hrs and the phone has been using the battery for 4:28 hrs? to me it seems like i should be way lower.

everything else about nightly #9 seems to be more stable and fast than any previous nightly i have used. seems like we might be nearing a "stable" release.. no?

#59 prh

prh
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM4D2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostMatt brooks, on 09 July 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

Using CM-7 nightly #9 and it seems like the battery drain is back.. does it make sense for the display to have 56% of the total battery usage even though it says that the screen has only been on for 1:08 hrs and the phone has been using the battery for 4:28 hrs? to me it seems like i should be way lower.

everything else about nightly #9 seems to be more stable and fast than any previous nightly i have used. seems like we might be nearing a "stable" release.. no?

It depends on what else you have done during those 4 hours. How much of the battery has run down in those 4 hours? How much have you done other battery using things, like phone calls?  In my experience, having the display account for 56% if it is on 1/4 of the time sounds reasonable, especially if I haven't been talking on the phone a lot.  I think it more depends on how much of your battery has been drained.

#60 stock

stock
  • Members
  • 22 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    DInc,Nook,Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

Well i bit the bullet and it is installed, took around 2 hours.  The cyanogen wiki is not perfect in a few steps.  Is there anyone who i can report this too?

ie:
i changed /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin to . ./data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

adb needed to be fully installed, i did not do this for the nook or inc, just took an hour to install the full package, which i found out later i did not need all of it.

rom manager did not install anything, i needed to go into recover mode.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Drain, Charge, Dialer, keyboard, shortcut