Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[CM7] Discussion of Nightlies

Battery Drain Charge Dialer keyboard shortcut

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#61 stock

stock
  • Members
  • 22 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    DInc,Nook,Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

the numbers on the screen keyboard do not work correctly, Sometimes they work and sometimes they do not. I do not see a pattern, yet.  I change my screen keyboard to flex T9 and no issues.

#62 Matt brooks

Matt brooks
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

Dies anyone know if there is a way to get the battery manager back that was in the stock rom? I used to save so much battery by setting the mobile data to disabled itself after 15 minutes of no use but with this rom that setting is not available.

And juice defender and green power are not what in looking for. Thanks in advance.

#63 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

View Poststock, on 10 July 2011 - 02:33 AM, said:

the numbers on the screen keyboard do not work correctly, Sometimes they work and sometimes they do not. I do not see a pattern, yet.  I change my screen keyboard to flex T9 and no issues.

They work perfectly for me, both the android keyboard and the swype keyboard (which I installed).  No issues, haven't seen any issues posted about this by others...you might have a "just me" problem.

#64 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

View PostMatt brooks, on 10 July 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

Dies anyone know if there is a way to get the battery manager back that was in the stock rom? I used to save so much battery by setting the mobile data to disabled itself after 15 minutes of no use but with this rom that setting is not available.

And juice defender and green power are not what in looking for. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I miss it to - Battery Manager is nice and simple and reliable.

There may be a way to add battery manager into CM7, but haven't seen any devs working on it.  

What's wrong w/Juice D? I'm using it, would prefer simplicity of Battery Manager, but it seems to work OK.

View Poststock, on 10 July 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

Well i bit the bullet and it is installed, took around 2 hours.  The cyanogen wiki is not perfect in a few steps.  Is there anyone who i can report this too?

ie:
i changed /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin to . ./data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

adb needed to be fully installed, i did not do this for the nook or inc, just took an hour to install the full package, which i found out later i did not need all of it.

rom manager did not install anything, i needed to go into recover mode.

Let JBirdVegas know about any issues w/the Wiki.

#65 JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid; G Tablet
  • CM Version:
    I bounce around but always end up back 2 CM
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

RedFlea is right let me know what is incorrect and I will get it fixed

Sent from my Droid 2 using Tapatalk

#66 Matt brooks

Matt brooks
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostRedflea, on 10 July 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

Yeah, I miss it to - Battery Manager is nice and simple and reliable.

There may be a way to add battery manager into CM7, but haven't seen any devs working on it.  

What's wrong w/Juice D? I'm using it, would prefer simplicity of Battery Manager, but it seems to work OK.

The problem with juice defender is that it doesn't gave an option top disable data after a amount of time like the battery manager, it can only disable data based on specific events such as the screen turning off.

That also begs the question dies anyone know of an application that can disable data after a certain amount of time with the screen off?

Thanks guys.

#67 stock

stock
  • Members
  • 22 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    DInc,Nook,Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

View Poststock, on 10 July 2011 - 02:33 AM, said:

Found the issue, my mistake, "popup on keypress" was on.  Turned it off, now the # gets choosen on long press with no issues.

#68 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostMatt brooks, on 10 July 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

The problem with juice defender is that it doesn't gave an option top disable data after a amount of time like the battery manager, it can only disable data based on specific events such as the screen turning off.

That also begs the question dies anyone know of an application that can disable data after a certain amount of time with the screen off?

Thanks guys.

Just curious - why do you need to have that specific type of data management (timer only, rather than at screen off and then timed)?  The end result will be the same, unless you're turning your screen off and then on again in just a few minutes repeatedly all day (in which case you'd have worse battery life w/the Blur Battery Manager, as it would never have a chance to turn off data).

#69 Matt brooks

Matt brooks
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

View PostRedflea, on 10 July 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

Just curious - why do you need to have that specific type of data management (timer only, rather than at screen off and then timed)?  The end result will be the same, unless you're turning your screen off and then on again in just a few minutes repeatedly all day (in which case you'd have worse battery life w/the Blur Battery Manager, as it would never have a chance to turn off data).

Because I've found that with JuiceDefender, data is enabled and disabled way more often then with the blur battery manager (i use my phone a lot during the day, turning the screen on and off frequently). Now at first that doesn't seem like a problem, but it became apparent to me that disabling the data and re-establishing the connection that much wastes more battery than just turning it off after 15 or 30 min with the screen off.

My theory might only be true for those of us who turn our screens on and off a lot during the day, though.

#70 Krunchy

Krunchy
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.07072011-NIGHTLY-DROID2 (at the moment)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Is there a way to re-size the dialer buttons after changing the lcd_density in build.prop?  I'd like it to stretch, but it doesn't (and I've got compatibility mode turned off in spare parts).  I've also had odd results inputting in my work voicemail passcode while in speaker.  It is as if the tones were only audible and not sent..  It works fine with speaker off.

There are actually three features I miss from stock (but not enough to think of going back).  The one I miss the most is the "paste from clipboard" feature.  I used this all the time to Chrome to Phone the current week's Wifi password at work.  Would do this once and be able to paste even after a reboot.  Another is the full-width camera (which is minor because the picture quality is cruddy on my device anyway - even with a freshly cleaned lens).  The last is the double-tap home to open an app option.

Other than that, I'm completely satisfied and have had no issues I didn't cause myself.  It's very stable and fast.

#71 Blade Arrowney

Blade Arrowney
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM-7.1-07092011-NIGHTLY-DROID2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostKrunchy, on 12 July 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

I've also had odd results inputting in my work voicemail passcode while in speaker.  It is as if the tones were only audible and not sent..  It works fine with speaker off.

I've had this issue intermittently on all ROMS I've ever used for the D2, the work around is (I can't remember the right order because I hardly use speaker phone) to turn on speaker phone, then open the dial pad, or to open the dial pad and then turn on speaker phone. The dialer app seems to be a bit picky about the order in which we do things with it sometimes

#72 PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:PhantomGamers
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Latest Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

Quite odd that 7/12 isn't available yet :P
The suspense is killing me XD

#73 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

You can grab unofficial here...7/12 R1 also includes an option to modify Wifi timeout in build.prop.

http://www.revnumbers.info/

Official 13 is here:

http://cm-nightlies....ice=cdma_droid2

And on ROM manager.  :)

Edited by Redflea, 13 July 2011 - 06:18 AM.

#74 stock

stock
  • Members
  • 22 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    DInc,Nook,Droid2
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

View Postdeepdogg650, on 06 July 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

I've notice a problem where if you select the pattern lockscreen and turn off the screen. When turning on the screen again, the lockscreen goes straight to the pattern lockscreen instead of the rotary lockscreen. When the lockscreen is changed to a pin, this problem does not occur. This is only an issue when listening to music and you want to easily change a song.

I am having something similar, not exact but on my incredible.  I have not seen this issue on my droid 2.

#75 dx100

dx100
  • Members
  • 21 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    G1/HTC Dream
  • CM Version:
    CM6 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

View Postcurtisas, on 03 July 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

Just wondering, I know there are similarities and differences between the Droid 2 and the Droid 2 Global, but is there any chance this would work on the Droid 2 Global?  I really love cyanogenmod 7 on my original droid, and that is the absolute only reason I use it over my D2G.  I wish I could put CM7 on my D2G, because, well, it's a LOT faster than the OG Droid.  I cannot currently try it, because I have to take my phone back into the store to get a replacement and want it to be unrooted for that, but once I get a working one, I would love to try it out.  Thanks for all the hard work!

I want this too for my Moto Droid 2 Global. Maybe if more users request this? Or maybe with a nice donation amount? I can donate $20 just saying.

#76 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

View Postdx100, on 14 July 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

I want this too for my Moto Droid 2 Global. Maybe if more users request this? Or maybe with a nice donation amount? I can donate $20 just saying.

it's available in beta form for the D2G - same developer as the D2 (his wife has a D2G, lucky for you)...

http://rootzwiki.com...-off-cm4d2-port)

#77 c4blimtizle

c4blimtizle
  • Members
  • 79 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sgs3 (d2att)
  • CM Version:
    CM 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Fabulous build quality. my wifes d2 runs so good now. only quirk thats been mentioned to me is the screen sometimes goes black when returning home after a call. but cycling the lock button fixes it.

#78 jimmysdg

jimmysdg
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:shipitkthx
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Posted this on Rootzwiki and wanted to crosspost here. There is a bug causing the battery to instantly drop from 40 to 19 and then from 15 to 4. The 15 to 4 has been confirmed by others. Screenshot:

Posted Image

#79 Redflea

Redflea
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

I ran down to somewhere in the 20's w/out seeing this...likely a one-time issue.

#80 Matt brooks

Matt brooks
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid 2
  • CM Version:
    7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

I have just installed nightly #16 and when I boot I get stuck at the boot logo.. I assume that since I made a backup I can go into clockwork and restore it, but I haven't been successful in getting there without having access to rom manager to bootstrap the recovery. Any ideas what I might do to fix this issue? Thanks

Ps. I have gone into stock recovery and wiped data and cache from there then attempted to boot but to no avail.

Edited by Matt brooks, 16 July 2011 - 12:48 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Drain, Charge, Dialer, keyboard, shortcut