Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Help with Motorola XT502

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darientay

darientay
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    XT502
  • CM Version:
    update-cm-6.1.2-Z71-signed
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

I followed the instructions here:
http://www.followtec...complete-guide/

It all went well & I was able to complete up to step 8.  I even checked & confirmed that it was running 2.2.  I could not 'see' the Wifi Hotspot app, so I decided to power off the phone to insert a SIM card to see if it would make a difference.

Using the power button, all I get is the Motorola logo on screen & the phone hangs.  I have also tried the following without success:
1) hold down home/power
2) hold down photo/power

Holding down photo/volume up/power brings up the Motorola logo with 'enter Recovery mode' on the top left & the phone still hangs.

Any help from anyone here would be great...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by darientay, 08 July 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#2 darientay

darientay
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    XT502
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

I have managed to boot now thanks to below link:

http://boston-mania....nnot-enter.html

However, I now have the following issues:

1) I can only power on the phone using camera/volume up/power & using A88.img as the boot manager - Is there any other workaround to boot normally?

2) ROM Manager does not work anymore, it seems that A88.img has taken over this function.  I would like to install Gingerbread, but can't do it from ROM Manager & I can't flash the image from A88.img - What can I do next?  I assume this is related to above where I must somehow get rid of A88.img?

3) Superuser Permissions seem to have stopped working, wifi tether no longer works because it can't get superuser permission - Help!  I recalled that was a screen asking to 'remember' the superuser permissions, which no longer appears!

All, any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

#3 speedz

speedz
  • Members
  • 171 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    mi300/mi410/umi x2
  • CM Version:
    7 nightly 29/RC3/Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

http://uploading.com....1-z71.img.html download this recovery and flash it now reboot into recovery and flash the cm mod

#4 darientay

darientay
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    XT502
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thanks Speedz for the suggestion.

Here's the outcome of the fastboot recovery testing:

1) recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-z71.img - This is the version listed in ROM Manager. Using it in fastboot causes the phone to 'hang' in 'enter Recovery mode' when using photo/volume up/power buttons.
2) recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.1-z71.img - Using this version in fastboot causes the phone to go into 'enter Recovery mode' when using photo/volume up/power buttons; then the screen blanks out & hangs.
3) a88.img - This is the only boot image that will allow the phone to boot, where I'm back to the same situation as 4 July.

I would like to upgrade to 2.3, but I have to break this endless cycle to get there.  Anyone else got any other ideas?

Thanks again.

#5 speedz

speedz
  • Members
  • 171 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    mi300/mi410/umi x2
  • CM Version:
    7 nightly 29/RC3/Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

are you familiar with sutlr tool? upgrade your phone to some 2.1 official rom released by some companies root using z4root carry on with the usual rom manager flashing and installing process

#6 darientay

darientay
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Device Model:
    XT502
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

Finally resolved!

The key to resolution is recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.0-z71.img.  Now the phone boots normally & I was able to use ROM Manager to get to 2.3!

The Complete NOOB guide by Tejaswi Rohit helped with the missing piece.  Find out more in the link below as well as the link for recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.0-z71.img.

http://forum.cyanoge...ete-noob-guide/

Dear Speedz, I was planning to try the sutlr tool tomorrow - but I guess I don't need it now...

Thanks to everyone for their help!  :D