Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Keeps rebooting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Unoriginalpizza

Unoriginalpizza
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo Shift
  • CM Version:
    idk
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

I looked through literally hundreds of threads and discussions, so don't give me that please, thanks. I've spent a lot of time on this and I've had too many Just-succeeded-oh-wait-it's-not-working-right moments to get a "use the search function" like I've never been to a forum

Ok so flashed cyanogenmod on my Evo Shift after MUCH researching and the likes. Here's what my process ended up being..

Rooted with this http://www.addictive...one-click-root/ and installed clockworkmod recovery with the same tool

used this version of cyanogenmod, http://forum.cyanoge...1-26-june-2011/ due to the fact that I couldn't get my evo shift to work on any other versions(I didn't consider evo 4g and evo shift would be too different)

Now I went to clockworkmod via recovery from the boot menu, cleared the cache and memory and davik settings(I don't know exactly what that one was called but I just remember it was similar to that guy in knights of the old republic)TWICE for shits and giggles, and because I read a post that said newer versions might required clearing twice. And finally its installation got running (it was in a zip in my root sd card)after that I rebooted the phone from the clockworkmod, and it started perfectly fine the label showed up and everything, then it suddenly rebooted(it goes black, goes to the htc logo, then goes to the cyanogen logo, then it's started up again). It started doing this more and more frequently to the point of not being on for more then a few seconds. I tried going back, clearing all memory and **** again, recovering my old files( I do not have my old flash, android 2.2, on my phone so just data files) and this actually made it so where when it booted it went straight to clockworkmod..so I wiped everything twice again, reinstalled cyanogenmod, and still a no go.

I tried leaving the battery out for 15 minutes and letting it screw itself, I tried leaving the battery out for an hour to see if it was overheating, and I lowered the max cpu to see if it was somehow overclocking. And I tried booting it in every way possible. I'm pretty sure I've exhausted every possible scenario, but maybe I'm missing something. You have no idea how much I would appreciate seeing someone with a little more professionalism school me on my problems and just call me a noob because it's so easy. Thank you so much for helping!

I'm aware I just posted in this in the completely wrong section.. I went to the evo shift cyanogen mod and tried to post there, then saw I couldn't post there in the post thread was like right next to it so I didn't see what section this was

Edited by Unoriginalpizza, 07 July 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#2 erodriguez87

erodriguez87
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid Incredible
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

I have the same problem... have you found a solution by any chance? :(

#3 jesusice

jesusice
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:jesusice
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo Shift
  • CM Version:
    Non Yet!
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

Use one of the newer nightlies. Lots of issues have been fixed and features added.

#4 Matt Williams

Matt Williams
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

can someone help keeps looping on me and cant get away from screen...running cm7...[email protected]
using android 2.1

#5 Stoney Lawson

Stoney Lawson
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:zfxp32
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Ace
  • CM Version:
    udunknow.
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Odd, make sure you've got the latest radio for the Shift as well, this will cause issues.
Also use the latest nightlies, as they're a major overhaul to the current "Stable" builds.