Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Manual???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

I installed CyanogenMod 7 on my Desire GSM and now I have no clue how to restore the contacts, email settings, or any of my purchased applications. The market is nowhere to be found....WTH?
I thought this was supposed to be an easier, more user friendly, instead I have been trying to recover stuff for an hour and nothing...tried going to the market via browser and download the apps...I click on purchased, install, ok..nothing happens..no app is installed. What am I missing?

Is there a manual AFTER installation we can follow to get used to the ROM?

Thanks,

Trevor

#2 jimshady69

jimshady69
  • Donators
  • 35 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

Have you installed the gapps package yet? It's available from the download site.

This has all the Google apps in it.

Once you have this, open the market and choose my apps and download your paid for apps.

For contacts, I sync mine with my Google account, so when I set my phone up after a full wipe it auto restores them.  

As for the email, I use googlemail which also gets restored when I sync my account

Hope this has been helpful.

View PostTrevor Bauer, on 09 July 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

I installed CyanogenMod 7 on my Desire GSM and now I have no clue how to restore the contacts, email settings, or any of my purchased applications. The market is nowhere to be found....WTH?
I thought this was supposed to be an easier, more user friendly, instead I have been trying to recover stuff for an hour and nothing...tried going to the market via browser and download the apps...I click on purchased, install, ok..nothing happens..no app is installed. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Trevor

#3 timmaaa

timmaaa
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire A8183
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

View PostTrevor Bauer, on 09 July 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

Thanks,

Trevor

Did you actually read the ROM thread before installing the ROM? It states that it doesn't come with google apps. Once you've installed the ROM you need to reboot into recovery and install the gapps.zip file to enable Google apps. All of that is explained on the thread from which you down the ROM.

Secondly, did you backup the apps you had using Titanium Backup before wiping and installing the ROM? If so, just re-install Titanium Backup from Market, move the backup file into the Titanium Backup/backup folder in your sd card and restore missing apps in Titanium.

Thirdly, what did you use to backup your contacts/sms? If you used something like GO Contacts just use the restore feature which will search for the backup file and restore your contacts.

Lastly.. and MOST IMPORTANT..

Research everything you can about what you're about to do BEFORE you do it. There's no use trying to read up on it afterwards because there's every possibility that if you took a wrong step you may have done serious damage. This site and XDA are endless sources of information. Use the knowledge of those that have gone before you to guide you through each process.

I hope you can work out your problem dude!