Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Exhibit 4G (SGH-T759)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 clay21

clay21
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Exhibit 4g
  • CM Version:
    Non :-(
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

My phone is unbricked thanks to the helpfull guys on xda...maybe someone from there could help you Audworld1.

http://forum.xda-dev...1138524&page=19

Having a rooted phone with no recovery or roms is like having the keys to a tron bike without the bike  :( .....

#22 magoseitor

magoseitor
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    cu - Cuba
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Exhibit 4G
  • CM Version:
    praying and hoping for one...
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

View Postquixotic1, on 03 November 2011 - 12:55 AM, said:

Samsung's site does have some "open source" stuff... a kernel and a platform. After unzipping the tar.gz files, though, I really don't see much use of these things. I'm sure someone with far greater knowledge than I could make something of these files, but sadly, I just don't know what I'm looking at. I would think that a rom could be made from these - why else would they release them as the open source for this phone? But... me=deer, eyes=headlights. (well, that didn't make sense... but you get the idea.)

I'm planning on writing an email to koush at ClockworkMod to ask how difficult it would be for our phone to be added, so that we can make a backup of the ROM. There are at least two people I know of now that have screwed their phones with this root method, unfortunately.

And, I for one, am a little skittish of trying anything drastic until I am convinced I can at least get back to day 1. (And, my friend really wanted to do some mods to my phone the other night at a Halloween party... I was sober, he wasn't. I'm glad I grabbed my phone from his hands before too much happened.)

Keep us posted if anyone learns anything new...

Thanks,

quixotic1

Hi... were you refering to the file "SGH-T759_OpenSource.zip" from https://opensource.s...g.com/index.jsp ?

Thanks.

#23 Carmine Looz

Carmine Looz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

hello everyone just root it today but know was wondering how to install custom rom, am i able to install my touch 4g slide rom on
Samsung exhibit 2.33 tmobile am new to this so sorry if stupid ? thanks in advance

View Postclay21, on 09 November 2011 - 03:25 AM, said:

My phone is unbricked thanks to the helpfull guys on xda...maybe someone from there could help you Audworld1.

http://forum.xda-dev...1138524&page=19

Having a rooted phone with no recovery or roms is like having the keys to a tron bike without the bike  :( .....

yea i know i been trying all day to backup my rom on Samsung exhibit with rom manger hope able to do so soon

#24 clay21

clay21
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Exhibit 4g
  • CM Version:
    Non :-(
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

There is no custom recovery or roms for the phone yet.In order to flash roms we need a custom recovery.All Exhibit users like myself wait patiently for the Devs to build a recovery followed by roms :).

Edited by clay21, 18 November 2011 - 08:06 AM.

#25 Carmine Looz

Carmine Looz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

View Postclay21, on 18 November 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

There is no custom recovery or roms for the phone yet.In order to flash roms we need a custom recovery.All Exhibit users like myself wait patiently for the Devs to build a recovery followed by roms :).

ok thanks please let me know

#26 Frihet

Frihet
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

How can one help the developers? I appreciate that they may not have all the phones that exist. Would the loan of a phone (SGH-T679, Android 2.3.5) help? Do donations help the developers?

#27 CastleNTE

CastleNTE
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:CastleNTE
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Exhibit 4G
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hello, I was just able to successfully root my Exhibit recently. Have we made any progress on getting a custom ROM? Hoping this post gets some attention... Please and thank you.

#28 overstuffedcow

overstuffedcow
  • Members
  • 33 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    tolteatt
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Yes a custom rom would do good.  My wife has this phone and we use Straight Talk Sim prepaid which utilizes AT&T networks.  Phone is unlocked, but i think the radio blocks AT&T 1900mhz band to prevent 3G data.  I have rooted unolocked vibrant with ICS and have no issues with data. Any suggestions.  Yes the APN is set up right

#29 Owlman113

Owlman113
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hi everyone, I know this is an old post.  But i'm getting an Exhibit tomorrow, and would very much like CM9 on it.  I can't seem to find ANY info for the original Exhibit, only for the Exhibit II.  If someone could link me to somewhere, or tell me that it isn't available.  I'd be very happy.

#30 spalek83

spalek83
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Rooted Exhibit SGH-T759
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

There hasn't been any support from cyanogen on this phone so far. DroidHost on androidarea51 is getting closer to I think ClockworkMod, so once that happens hopefully these guys take notice (please).

#31 CheyneJ

CheyneJ
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Exhibit II 4G
  • CM Version:
    Android 2.3
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hi,

I noticed this has an unofficial port where the camera doesn't work . Is there a version where the camera can be used?

Edit: http://technoleash.c...-exhibit-ii-4g/

Edited by CheyneJ, 15 July 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#32 spalek83

spalek83
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Rooted Exhibit SGH-T759
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostCheyneJ, on 15 July 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hi,

I noticed this has an unofficial port where the camera doesn't work . Is there a version where the camera can be used?

Edit: http://technoleash.c...-exhibit-ii-4g/
That's a totally different phone

#33 flashout

flashout
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung T759
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image: