Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Unable to create goldcard

goldcard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shadowdknight

shadowdknight
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC HD
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hi guys,
Ive been trying to access http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard for hours without luck,
anyway to get the goldcard.img else where?

Thanks

#2 Kr33

Kr33
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    za - South Africa
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

I also had this issue when i was rooting my HD.

Have you tried the following? If not try this:

I used a 2GB SDCard initially

1. Download an app via the Market called GoldCard Helper
2. Tap Menu->Share and I emailed myself...
3. You need to copy the MMC2 CID not the MMC1 CID....never worked when i Used MMC1 when you get the email
4. Paste the CID into the Serial field on http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard
5. Type and confirm your email address and GoldCard Type to Android.
6. Use the following tool http://android.modac...n-goldcardtool/ to write the image you get from the page in step 4

NB: The tool allows you the get the CID needed in its reversed state, however, it only allows MMC1 & MMC0....with the Desire HD (also after hours of trail and error) i found the GoldCard Helper tool from the Market and used MMC2 which represents the SDCard...MMC1 represents the phones internal storage. Despite the instruction on the site mentioned in step 6.

In short, don't use the get CID option in the PC Application, only use it to write the generated .img file to your sdcard. Use the android phone app to get the reversed MMC2 CID for generating the .img file. Also make sure USB Debugging is enabled and Disk Drive/USB Storage is enabled so the PC App can find the sdcard.

To be sure MMC2 is your SDCard, put in a SDCard and run the tool and make a mental note of the two CID's. Then change the SDCard and run the tool again, and whichever one changes is the SDCard.

I hope i was clear enough, i know its alot to read, but you should come right. Let me know how it goes, feel free to ask if i confused you.

I hope i even answered your question....But in terms of the site itself...works perfectly.

Edited by Kr33, 04 August 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#3 gsextreme

gsextreme
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc wildfire
  • CM Version:
    hboot 1.002
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

HELP!!!i cant access the website either..tried using your method,download goldcard helper and sended them my CID...but still waiting for their email...Thanks in advance

#4 Reinaldo33897

Reinaldo33897
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Inspire
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Heres a rooting video but it shows you how to make a gold card. My advice is to make the card with an adapter and not while card is in phone. When you try to make card on phone it does not gaurantee that it is made.

Video

#5 Kr33

Kr33
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    za - South Africa
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

I agree with Reinaldo33897, rather use the sdcard in a multicard reader a to write the goldcard image. But you need the SDCard in the phone first before running the GoldCard helper so you can get the correct CID to make the goldcard. Then take the SDCard out, and insert it into the multicard reader and the user the PC Tool to write the image to the sdcard.

I left the card in my phone when I did it, and it worked fine, but to be on the safe side, unmount it from the phone after getting the CID. Make sure the card is formated as Fat32 as well.

#6 onlywild

onlywild

Have you Cyanogenmod today?

• Donators
  • 21 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Aria /Liberty
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-Liberty
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

Has the website gone down?  does anyone have access to make the img file?

#7 onlywild

onlywild

Have you Cyanogenmod today?

• Donators
  • 21 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Aria /Liberty
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-Liberty
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Web site is down for the goldcard  http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard

Just picked up another Cell phone  the HTC Inspire.  Wanted to root it like my  htc aria, but  not able to.  I am not a fan of windows, wish the developers would make a program that is not  .exe  and works on linux.  grrrr  bill gates....

been reading up on  XDA

http://forum.xda-dev...t=970157&page=1

UPDATE

Had to slip on the grey hat for a second, to work this out.  take your time if your wanting to gold card your sd card.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: goldcard