Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Kernel version for HTC Cyanongenmod

kernel version compile kernel module

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yang_din

yang_din
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc desire
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-rc1-desire
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Hi all,

I've some problems with the kernel version used for Cyanongenmod. I'm trying to compile a kernel module for my apps and I use cyanongenmod "update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-Desire-signed.zip".

Firstly, I found that it is unable to compile the cm kernel for desire. And I found this post http://forum.cyanoge...nel-for-desire/

Then I downloaded the kernel from  git://github.com/teamdesire/cm-kernel.git,  and did

make cyanogen_bravo_defconfig
make

The kernel could be compiled without error. However, the kernel module compiled using this the kernel can't work with none of the Cyanongenmod. A simple "insmod ***" shows messages like

helloworld: version magic '2.6.37-cyanogenmod preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-g37556d9 preempt mod_unload ARMv7 '

So tested all the version I can found on the Cyanongenmod website, but no one corresponds with the kernel I compiled. The most similar version is "update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-Desire-signed.zip"
and its kernel version is  "2.6.37-cyanogenmod-g5d81752"

The problem is the kernel's local version "cyanogenmod-g5d81752" is different with "-cyanogenmod" for the kernel I compiled.

If I change the change the local verion in the .config file before compiling kernel (form CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-cyanogenmod" to CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-cyanogenmod-g5d81752").

After compilation and "insmod", the error message changed to :

helloworld: unknown relocation: 27

I can't figure it out. Any one can help me find a correct kernel source for a Cyanongenmod for Desire?
Sorry for my poor English.