Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

"Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 juju-bees

juju-bees
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Mytouch 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

I had cyanogenmod on my phone, but after dropping it too many times the screen stopped responding to touch. I just got my new mytouch in the mail via warranty exchange and was excited to put cyanogenmod on this new phone!

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED AND EMOTIONALLY CRUSHED...

I followed the instructions provided on the website, and I come across this overwhelming obstacle that seems impossible to bypass: "Failed to set prot mask..."

I have done several hours of research, only to determine that I cannot put cyanogenmod on my phone.

I have tried various methods, and nothing seems to do the trick.

I am currently running Android 2.3.4 with HBOOT-0.89.0005.

Can anyone help?

(I have come across several people stating that they were able to load older versions of Android onto their phone and then instal cyanogenmod on their phone. No one has explained how they went about the installations, though. If you can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.)

#2 benmandude

benmandude
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    MyTouch 4g
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

I got CM on after a downgrade following this guide. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1178912 and then this one for root and CM installhttp://wiki.cyanogen...ll_Update_Guide.