Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Battery Percentage on Status Bar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kfckrew

kfckrew
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

I'm running the Nightly on my NC.  Is there a way to get a version with the Battery Percentage on the Status Bar instead of just the Battery Icon.

I've tried some of the Battery Apps, but I they don't seem to be accurate at all.  Plus they only appear on the Notification Bar or as a Widget, I actually would like it on the Status bar.

Thanks

#2 ryog

ryog
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Device Model:
    nook color
  • CM Version:
    nb 142
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Go to Settings>CyanogenMod settings>Interface>Status bar tweaks>Battery percentage.   Check the box to show battery percentage.  Yes, it's buried pretty deep in the settings. I got lucky and stumbled onto it one day.

#3 bobstro

bobstro

We have reviewed your comments...

• Donators
  • 86 posts
  • Twitter:ttlexceeded
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Various
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

Be advised that, at least on other devices running CM7 (and any other ROM for that matter), my battery status gauge is horribly wrong until I've done at least one full charge-discharge cycle after clearing battery stats at 100% charge. After being sorely disappointed with battery life after updating, I did a run-until-dead test. When I was able to stream Pandora for nearly two hours at a 1% reading, I had to acknowledge it was the blasted gauge and not the device or ROM that was at fault.

After doing this, it dies promptly after getting below 5% like it should.  Not sure I'm happy about that, but it's predictable.

#4 kfckrew

kfckrew
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

found it... Thanks.  hopefully it's a bit more accurate than the Battery Apps I've tried.