Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Amazon Kindle Fire

kindle amazon fire Kindle Fire kindle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#-19 Sprint~

Sprint~
  • Members
  • 73 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Moto G
  • CM Version:
    waiting it
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

What's the status on this? Why don't we have our own official forum yet? Over at XDA there are several devs working for CM9 on the Kindle, yet I don't think they are official CM devs.

I'll donate once I know CM9 is coming to the Fire!

#-18 droidhacker

droidhacker
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:hateithateithateit
  • Device Model:
    |2|
  • CM Version:
    LB custom delux
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostcVariable, on 18 November 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Well, B&N said the same about the Nook Tablet but it looks like the bootloader is locked which means there will be NO rom development for the device:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1349264

A locked bootloader is a very disappointing development for the Nook Tablet and kills it as a hacking platform for devs.
I really wish that somebody proves this bad news wrong as I like the microphone, the additional ram and the SD card expansion slot, but with no custom roms the Nook Tablet is dead in the water if you ask me.
... but that exactly the reason why I am waiting before taking the plunge with either the Fire or the Nook Tablet.

Oh - and apparently people already have gotten Clockwork mod installed on the Fire though it is not working yet:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1351955

Looks like Amazon got themselves a very nice, dev friendly tablet!

View PostcVariable, on 22 November 2011 - 03:42 AM, said:

Looks like the nails are coming hard and fast for the Nook Tablet coffin: kexec exploit seems to be blocked leaving only 2nd init (which means NO ICS/CM9 EVER!!!! With some luck you can hack CM7 onto it, turning it into a bad Nook Color ...): http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=222

That means its a decision between the Kindle Fire (which hopefully will have a ton of dev support) or the Nook Color (where dev support seems to be on the out)

c is short for "chickenlittle"?

Its a good thing that not everyone is as pessimistic as you are.
NT has been blown open.

First they were doing a hardware mod, then found a way of booting unsigned kernels off the sdcard, now a scheme has been found where you need only add a special blob to the front end of the boot or recovery image to have it boot an unsigned kernel straight off eMMC.

http://forum.xda-dev...73&postcount=10

#-17 ciwrl

ciwrl

Whose bright idea was it to put me in charge?

• Administrators
  • 1621 posts
  • Twitter:ciwrl
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    DS|N1|NS|G2|SGS|SGN|N4|N5
  • CM Version:
    [Latest]
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I was |____| close to posting and complimenting DH for being positive in a post, then noticed the 'chicken little' comment...

Anyways, we have been in talks and supporting Whistler's AOSP build, and obviously from that link, nemith is in the scene as well.

#-16 Alpha752

Alpha752
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Kindle Fire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'm new to roms and CM,  please forgive me if this is the wrong place...

I've got 7.2 on my kindle fire, and it works great. I noticed in the battery manager that cell standby, and phone idel, are eating up a ton of battery. Since the fire is wifi only, is the a way to turn off all the cell stuff so it doesn't kill battery? It doesn't seem like you can use airplane mode with wifi on. Everything is unchecked in mobile network settings.

Thanks! I love CM on here so much better run the stock skin.

#-15 cVariable

cVariable
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postdroidhacker, on 12 January 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

c is short for "chickenlittle"?

Its a good thing that not everyone is as pessimistic as you are.
NT has been blown open.

First they were doing a hardware mod, then found a way of booting unsigned kernels off the sdcard, now a scheme has been found where you need only add a special blob to the front end of the boot or recovery image to have it boot an unsigned kernel straight off eMMC.

http://forum.xda-dev...73&postcount=10

Check out the KF and NT forums ...
Tons of devs for the KF ... essentially nothing for the NT. Results speak for themselves.
Stupid of B&N to lock the device. It would have been the better reader/tablet otherwise.

#-14 martinpouis198

martinpouis198
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    iphone 4s
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hello, nice thread and information about Amazon kindle 4 tablets. I am looking to buy one for my cousin brother, he always ask me to buy one. Do you know if there are cheap Amazon kindle 4 tablets available in online sites?

Amazon Kindle 4

Edited by martinpouis198, 19 February 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#-13 Kenny_Fields

Kenny_Fields
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    kindle fire otter
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

I've had my 1st gen kfire for about a year and I was feeling froggy so I decided to go w/ CM10.1 to enhance my tableting experience.  I followed the instructions to a T until the very end where I got a little impatient and varied from the prescribed course.  When I was supposed to do a shut down, I instead clicked the reboot button before I could stop myself - stupid self!  My otter rebooted and I got the CM splash screen....and it just sat there.  I still had root, so I tried flashing AOKP and got squat.  "No biggie" say I.  I went back and flashed the update.zip I had saved.  I got the animated fire splash....and it just sat there.  I have tried kindlefireunbrick and Kindle fire utilities.  My windows device manager recognizes the kfire as ADB composite device, but nothing I do seems to make it happy.  I hate to acknowledge my obvious noobiness, but I'm powerless.  If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.

#-12 zaptastic

zaptastic
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Otter2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Now that there is an official port can an offical forum be added too?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kindle, amazon, fire, Kindle Fire, kindle