Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[IDEA] Notification bar, screen always on!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mckee

mckee
  • Members
  • 149 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire HD
  • CM Version:
    CM 7 RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

As the description says.
I was wondering if it is possible to make it such that if you're on your phone and the screen time-out is set to 30 sec (which I like and I know I can change it to never time out but I don't want to) but your downloading something that all you have to do to keep the screen on is pull down the notification bar and to watch the status of the download, then when you flick it back up the phone returns to 30 time-out?

The reason I ask is because it is annoying if I'm downloading and I want to keep looking at it and the screen times out so I have to unlock the phone again just to see its moved 2%!lol

And yes I know I can change the time-out, unlock settings etc. etc. but I don't want to!lol