Currently running cyanogenmod 7.03 from SD card according to this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1000957
I now want to upgrade to RC1, but cannot boot into recovery!
Have tried the following:
1) Power off, hold power & "n button" down until the device turns on and off again. Then press Power to turn the device on normally and access the recovery.
2) With the NC off, hold both the power and home (n) buttons and keep holding them while I count to 6, or count to 2 once the initial message appears on the screen.
3) Hold nook N key and then press and hold power until the "Loading..." message appears and then disappears with screen going blank. Release power button, then press it again and hold for ~5 seconds, the bootloader "Loading..." message should be on the screen for three seconds or so before you release power button, keep holding N button until screen blanks again.
4) Boot normally into Android, then from desktop hold power key until a poweroff menu appears, In the poweroff menu choose "reboot", in the next menu choose "recovery" and press "OK". The nook would reboot straight into recovery.
5) From the terminal on the device, used the command: "reboot recovery" after doing an su.
But none of these seem to trigger the recovery boot. The file "update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-encore-signed.zip" is still there in the "boot" partition, and the NC boots as always.
What am I doing wrong? It is supposed to be in the "boot" partition, right? Naming also includes "update", so I cannot understand why it will not work.
Edited by odinb, 01 October 2011 - 05:44 PM.