Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

I upgraded my android phone then suddenly it says "no service"

no service baseband version

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nickysweet2318

nickysweet2318
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    cherry mobile nova
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7-10022011-NIGHTLY-Z71
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

I have a cherry mobile nova running android 2.3.7. i just recently upgraded to this version and everything works just fine except that i have no signal, its says no service and its been two days since i've had this problem.,
and another thing is when i look at my phone info the baseband version is "unknown."
at first i thought that this was just a network issue but when i tried my sim card to my other phone(not an android phone) it has signal.
this problem happened when i upgraded my android version from 2.2.2 to 2.3.7(the nightly).
i'm just wondering if what's the problem here.., the upgrade, my phone, or idk.,,
can anyone here help me? im just new to this kinds of things because its my first android phone.,
thanks to anyone who will care to help...

#2 nickysweet2318

nickysweet2318
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    cherry mobile nova
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

i guess no one here knows how to help me...
my phone is a z71 variant...
im still hoping someone would help me in my problem.,

#3 speedz

speedz
  • Members
  • 171 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    mi300/mi410/umi x2
  • CM Version:
    7 nightly 29/RC3/Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

it happens sometime during upgrade flash an official update then flash cyanogen mod again to get back the signal :)

#4 KeoniNZ

KeoniNZ
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung i9023 Nexus S
  • CM Version:
    Stock 2.3.4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'm not sure this will be of help but it was hard won experience for me.
I had the very same problem after I messed with the /efs folder (root required).
I was trying to restore my IMEI which is a generic one: 004999010640000 back to original. I tried to restore the backup copy of nv_data.bin but although I did the procedure correctly the backup nv_data.bin provoked the error you also reported: baseband unknown and of course the no network signal (among other things).
After much (really much) trial and error flashing new rom versions, restoring permissions, restoring back to stock, restoring all apps and settings (via clockworkmod) and so forth (spent almost a whole day in this) I did something that unexpectedly solved the problem: I deleted  the whole contents of the /efs folder (but not the /efs folder itself). I was going to copy the contents of the back-up copy of the /efs folder again, but as soon as I deleted the contents of /efs the network sign appeared and the respective screen to input the SIM code.
All is well now, although I still don't have my IMEI back... I have the full network signal operational. But a piece of advice first: back up your /efs folder before (it doesn't get backed up with any tool I know of!!! You need to manually do this!), make a full backup via clockwork bootloader. Before I deleted the folder, nothing worked even restoring via clockworkmod and copying the backed-up /efs files... go figure!!! Good luck, hope this helps.

#5 nickysweet2318

nickysweet2318
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    cherry mobile nova
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

hi KeoniNZ! I haven't tried your procedure but I found a way to restore my signal., I tried a lot of things also., I flashed many roms over and over again using clockwork mod recovery but it just did not fix my lost signal., but fortunately, I tried to use the software updater tool (SUT)., I've used this before but it just kept on saying that "phone is not connected" so I just rebooted into emergency download mode (red button+volume up+power) and then used the SUT to install a rom(a .nbo file) and it did the trick! I suggest to others who have had this problem too to use the same procedure., Now when I flash new roms I flash it this way because its much easier and less complicated than other ways and it just completes itself., for a newbie like me, flashing this way is much preferred than using recovery mods.,

Anyway, thanks for the tip man! I'll keep that in mind in case I lose my signal again., but i think the above procedure will almost always work just fine!
Thanks again and I hope this will help those who had the same problem as mine.,

#6 r4j

r4j
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    z71
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

I have the same error, and when I update ROM with SUTLR (.nbo file) it's work fine

#7 Aerismel

Aerismel
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    mx - Mexico
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Defy
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-11-Defy
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

View Postnickysweet2318, on 14 October 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

hi KeoniNZ! I haven't tried your procedure but I found a way to restore my signal., I tried a lot of things also., I flashed many roms over and over again using clockwork mod recovery but it just did not fix my lost signal., but fortunately, I tried to use the software updater tool (SUT)., I've used this before but it just kept on saying that "phone is not connected" so I just rebooted into emergency download mode (red button+volume up+power) and then used the SUT to install a rom(a .nbo file) and it did the trick! I suggest to others who have had this problem too to use the same procedure., Now when I flash new roms I flash it this way because its much easier and less complicated than other ways and it just completes itself., for a newbie like me, flashing this way is much preferred than using recovery mods.,

Anyway, thanks for the tip man! I'll keep that in mind in case I lose my signal again., but i think the above procedure will almost always work just fine!
Thanks again and I hope this will help those who had the same problem as mine.,

I have the same problem. How do you get the .nbo file? I have googled it and didn't find any results. And I also get the "phone is not connected" message. Could you please explain how to do this?Thank you very much!

#8 sudheer

sudheer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    MOTO XT3
  • CM Version:
    CYNOGENMOD 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

search in boston mania blog u will find nbo files

#9 abhiii

abhiii
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    S2 I9100
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

i also faced the same issue of network. i flashed the stock rom using the software updater tool (SUT) on my videocon zeus. but i want cyanogenmod on my phone with a working network. any solutions?

#10 philomath

philomath
  • Members
  • 25 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Videocon V7500
  • CM Version:
    Phantom Sky Revolution v1
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I tried all possible ROMs of Gingerbread and finally came to conclusion that "Phantom Sky Revolution" ROM is the best. Its bug free, fast and feature packed. I agree its 2.2 and not 2.3, but provides a solid battery life which 2.3 ROMs definitely lack (Gingerbread ROMS last about 12 hrs only). It may not be not as fluid as 2.3 and may not provide "copy and paste" feature (which is a real miss in 2.2), but rest is same unless you are crazy for trying new.

Peace.

#11 Redaaku

Redaaku
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Sony Xperia sola
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postabhiii, on 18 August 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

i also faced the same issue of network. i flashed the stock rom using the software updater tool (SUT) on my videocon zeus. but i want cyanogenmod on my phone with a working network. any solutions?
Can you provide the stock ROM(zip or nbo file or both) , I'm facing similar issue.
I have the no network problem in my Zeus.
It was all fine when I was rooted(using z4root) on stock 2.1..
First I flashed CWM v2.5.1.3 onto it then I flashed [Rom 2.2] firetrap Lollipop 2.2.2, after this I started getting the boot loop problem.
So then I read somewhere that flashing another ROM will sove the problem so I found and flashed Super AOSP 4.8 .
Now I don't have boot loop problem, the system and UI works awesome but there is one big problem.
The phone says no service, baseband version : Unkown , and IMEI number is blank <_< .

Thank you

#12 lekshe

lekshe
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    x8
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hello. I have upgraded the rom of my Xperia X8 & I get the same "no service" sign. Can I use the SUTLR 1.7? DO I need any special files? Suggestions?  Thanks! Lk.