Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cannot flash off of CM7

flash off uninstall cm7 cyanogenmod gingerbread

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roastism

Roastism
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Captivate
  • CM Version:
    ?
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hi. I recently installed a nightly of CM7, which for the most part I've been pleased with. However, there are some bugs (to be expected, of course) which are making an otherwise awesome ROM experience infuriating. I want to flash back to a ROM I was previously using (Serendipity) but my phone won't flash off of it. The installer says that it installed correctly, but when it reboots, CM7 is still there.

I did a factory wipe before flashing, and have now flashed several different versions of Serendipity to try to get it to work, but it's stuck on CM7.

Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 Humpis

Humpis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Captivate
  • CM Version:
    cm9
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Unfortunately because Cyanogenmod used MTD and the Samsung roms use BML you cannot flash/restore between the two. I believe this is the problem but It is entirely possible I am wrong, however I do know the only way to get off Cyanogenmod is to do a full restore using Odin. http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=731989 Follow the instructions on that thread and you should be back to stock factory settings. From there you can install Samsungs froyo rom  or Serendipity. Unfortunately you will loose all your apps and settings but there is no other way to my knowledge. Also if you made a backup of serendipity I believe you should be able to restore to it when you are on stock.

Happy flashing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, off, uninstall, cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerbread