Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

LG Ally (VS740)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 wynn55

wynn55
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG Ally
  • CM Version:
    Velocity v0.4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

I have recently rooted my LG Ally and flashed a ROM onto it. So far it has been great except for one thing: It isn't CyanogenMod! I used to have an HTC Droid Eris which I flashed CM onto, and it was fantastic. So I was wondering if there was anything in the works concerning CyanogenMod for the LG Ally! Any news at all would be appreciated, be it a yes or a no.

Thanks!

#22 wrath_00

wrath_00
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    lg ally
  • CM Version:
    velocity 1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:12 AM

froyo is out for lg ally been out actually.got some good roms out there but yet noone from cyanogen has said anything about making a rom for the ally.which is sad since the last post was on jan 24th. goes to show that us ally owners wont get to have any cyanogen mods. which is ok cause the other roms r much better this site sux!!!!

#23 kninetimmy

kninetimmy
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Lg Ally
  • CM Version:
    Velocity 1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey all! i know that there are a LOT of people with lg allys and it really is a amazing phone when rooted. so i was thinking we should port cyanogenmod over! it would be amazing. i would do it my self but i dont have the technical skill
let me know what you need ill get it for you

#24 Wyldz

Wyldz
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    kr - Korea, South Korea
  • Device Model:
    LG Ally
  • CM Version:
    2.2 Velocity 1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

Hi. I got my Ally last year, and finally, the ota for froyo came out. Im am wondering if anyone can port any version of CM to the Ally. Currently, my Ally is rooted and running Velocity 1.0. Can anyone please port this over? I really want CM on my phone. Thanks in advance. I have no skill whatsoever in porting and making roms.

#25 ccsoccer03

ccsoccer03
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid x Cyanogen Nightlys
  • CM Version:
    12+
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

Please Support the LG Ally! It's an Android too! Don't Shove off the little guy!

#26 Megamahr

Megamahr
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
    Cyanognemod 7 RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Tyr this if you're using Windows XP or Windows 7. Just used this method for both of my kid's Allys. Velocity makes the Ally scream.

http://androidforums...-than-ever.html

Would rather it be CM tho...

Edited by Megamahr, 31 March 2011 - 11:38 AM.

#27 gtburnx

gtburnx
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:chainsmoker1993
  • Device Model:
    lg ally
  • CM Version:
    velocity 1.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

velocity gets old after a while though. they draw out the time between releases to an extent of 3 or 4 monthes. i would develop cm7 if i could get more support from the community. id prefer cm7 over velocity anyday. i dont like that velocity is just basically the stock rom tweaked with a few added apks from different roms and such. the ally needs to have aosp support to truly make it an android phone. i have the ally froyo source code and have already built the stock kernel from source if it makes any difference

i have the ally kernel source compiled and built. if anyone wants it

#28 gtburnx

gtburnx
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:chainsmoker1993
  • Device Model:
    lg ally
  • CM Version:
    velocity 1.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

hope yal know we got it running on the ally. finally. its on the android forums. project gretal

#29 ccsoccer03

ccsoccer03
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid x Cyanogen Nightlys
  • CM Version:
    12+
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

For those who do not know or are not aware, the LG Ally is now Unoffically supported by Getitnowmarketing at Android Forums. Attn: Gingerbread|cm7 Go check it out!!

#30 Dracos

Dracos
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Flytouch2
  • CM Version:
    cm6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Alright so its an old discontinued phone but hey,  alot of people still use it.
My names ryan, and ive just started my deving with a deep project for this model of phone (LG ally)
A while back,a dev started a cm7 port for this device but discontinued the project and i decided to take over. Ive done alot since its first appearance but im having issues im hoping someone could help or shed some light for me. Im hoping there are any LG model devs here that can help. Il post a link to my project if anyones interested but here are my problems...
*the radio is dead on first boot but after a reboot, 3g activates or connects to the verizon network. Calling is buggy and texting doesnt work. Which files should i be looking at to correct the problem?
Wifi doesnt connect to wireless networks but wifi tethering works.
Audio jack doest work.
Could anyone shed some light? This device sure could use the cm7 lift.
**android 2.3.4 cm7. 1**

#31 ramious_99

ramious_99
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG Ally 2.2.2 VS740VZE
  • CM Version:
    Velocity 1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Any Word on this yet? I am running Velocity 1.2 at the Moment and it's great but would really love to see CM on my Ally. I have seen where A Gingerbread rom has been created for the Ally Surely CM can not be far behind. :) Please Please Please Port CM to the Lg Ally . I know it's a lot of work but i would diffanely contribute to this .

#32 mblevins1987

mblevins1987
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@Misty_0421
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG Ally Verizon
  • CM Version:
    Nov 2011
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I installed the only version of Cyanogenmod that I could find for the LG Ally here

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1978211

And it worked, It was much prettier than Froyo and all of the bloatware was gone! I had uninstalled some of it with titanium, but all of it was gone with I installed Cyanogen. Anyway, there are some problems with this. The rom hasn't been updated since Nov 7 of either 2011 or 2012, not sure. I don't think it said. The wifi didn't work and I couldn't find the option to download google apps. I wasn't going to pay for the premium version of Rom Manager, when I only planned on using Cyanogen (and this is the only working rom I could find on the internet for the LG Ally. The phone also crashed once and I had to plug up the phone (even though it wasn't a drained battery), take the battery out, unplug from wall charger, replace battery, plug back up for it to power on. Not sure what happened there, but obviously this version is outdated and from searching the downloads on the site there is not a newer version and I assume that Cyanogen no longer supports the LG Ally. I was very sad to have to restore to Froyo. :(

Basically, I am here to ask the question that no one else has seemed to ask. Is there going to be an update for the LG Ally? I understand that it is a discontinued and ancient phone, but I got this phone in a bad trade and I am between a rock and a hard place to get another phone. I also understand that the dev's aren't going to create a new version of the rom just because one person still uses the phone, but hey I may not be the only person using one!

So yeah, just wondering if it was ever going to happen or if I should start the dreaded journey of trading this phone. Thanks!! :)