Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

My WiFi network don't show

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JOKR

JOKR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

I can't discover/see my own wifi network (dont show in network list).

It worked before 7.1.0 and some time after, but not now. I tried my girlfriends phone and she can discover/see/connect to our wifi network. I can discover/see/connect to other networks.

I also did (recovery: mounts and storage->format system) - reinstalled CM and gapps, no luck after this either.

Maybe i got a brainfreeze or something but i dont understand what could be the problem. Any suggestions?

#2 MayaGeek

MayaGeek
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    no - Norway
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM7 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

I have the same problem. I can find my neighbors router, but not my own. Can't figure out how to fix it. Managed to get it back for a while after trying loads of different mods, but when I installed the latest stable of cyanogen it disappeared again.
I posted this problem earlier and was tipped that I could try to connect to the internet from a computer through my phone (tethering). This apparently solved the problem for one person. Didn't have any luck with it myself though...

#3 JOKR

JOKR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for info, do you have a url to your post?

Do you have a open or encrypt network? Wpa?

Wonder if it's possible to wipe/flush the network history/settings?

Btw did you frequently used flightmode on/off before the issue begun?

#4 MayaGeek

MayaGeek
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    no - Norway
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM7 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

View Postdavedgd, on 05 September 2011 - 07:31 AM, said:

View PostMayaGeek, on 05 September 2011 - 01:48 AM, said:

Hi, I've been running nightlies for quite some time now, but recently I've stumbled upon a big problem.
Many of us have been bugged by the WiFi dropping a lot during the last 30 something builds (if I remember correctly), but after I installed 175 my WiFi won't register any network at all anymore. It can't find them.

I've tried to downgrade to 7.0.3, 7.1.0 and other nightlies. Nothing has worked. My phone can still not register WiFi networks.
I've made sure to wipe the Dalvik cache and data when I've installed other versions. Still, this has not resolved my WiFi issues.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and does anyone have an idea as to how I can fix it?

I had the EXACT same problem, but I lucked into a fix. To get WIFI working, enable tethering and connect to it from a computer. Then disable tethering--suddenly access points will show up again. Weird bug--so glad I stumbled on the fix relatively quickly. Let me know if this works for you!

My network is set up with WPA2-PSK. Just noticed that the network my neighbor has set up is using WPA-PSK, not WPA2, so maybe I'll try to set up my own network with this and see if that "fixes" the problem.

I've tried to delete everything on my phone several times. Installed lots of different roms. Even tried the stock rom without any luck. Then, out of the blue, I tried PhoenRom v1.6 (derived from CM Nightly #155) and it worked again for a little while. Suddenly disappeared after some random reboots a week or so later. Kinda gave up after that...

I did use flightmode on/off a couple of times before this begun, yes. Didn't notice any immediate side effects though. I'm prettu sure my WiFi worked quite a while after I had used flightmode.

I'll let you know if I find a fix when I get the time.

#5 JOKR

JOKR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hi Maya, did you have time to test WPA-PSK instead?

#6 JOKR

JOKR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

I toggle the router settings wpa2 to wpa to wpa2 - seams to work again. For see how long

#7 MayaGeek

MayaGeek
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    no - Norway
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM7 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

I've tinkered a bit with my router as well. Set up a Guest Network without any encryption / with WEP / with WPA / with WPA2. My phone was able to find all the networks, but as soon as I connected to one (after writing the password) it just said that the saved network was "out of range". Neither network appeared again without reseting my router. And again, after trying to connect, they disappeared.

Only thing I know is that this is some kind of weird software bug (probably not related to hardware. See previous posts.)

I've tried using WiFi Fixer and WiFi Analyzer without any luck.

I'm out of ideas, to be honest. Anyone have any tips?

#8 MayaGeek

MayaGeek
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    no - Norway
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    CM7 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Good news, everybody!
I installed Blade Wifi Fix and FXR WiFi fix and resuce today. Everything works again!
The only downside is that I'm uncertain of which of the programs actually fixed my WiFi problems as I installed them both before testing them.
(I have a feeling it was Blade WiFi Fix that corrected the problem. When I turned on my WiFi after installing these applications the networks disappeared as usual when I tried to connect to them. Suddenly a message pops up saying "Turning Wifi off" and then "Turning WiFi on". After this I could connect to networks again. From what I've read, Blade WiFi Fix is supposed to work in the background without the user having to run anything, and I therefore suspect this is the program that fixed it for me. I could be wrong though.)
I don't really feel like testing things any further. I don't want to mess anything up again, so I'll just leave it be.

Good luck!

#9 JOKR

JOKR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

Thanks Maya - My wifi brooke again. It happend when i swtich on VPN on the computer so maybe thats why.
Will check yur links. BIG thank you!