Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Galaxy S2 hangs on boot screen..no recovery mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vaibhavagg

vaibhavagg
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy GT-I9100
  • CM Version:
    galaxys2 nightly 88
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

I installed the latest nightly build (cm_galaxys2_full-88.zip) on my phone yesterday night and restored the all the apps through Titanium Backup. Everything was working fine until this morning I tried to create a backup using CWM recovery in Rom Manager. The phone shut down and has since been stuck on the initial boot screen (one with the Samasung galaxy S2 logo). It does not boot into recovery mode using the button combinations. I can only get it into download mode but Odin does not recognize it as I thing i forgot to enable USB debugging.

I have tried removing the battery and rebooting and also tried to access it through odin a number of times. But nothing seems to work.

What am I missing here ?

#2 mjondj

mjondj
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Device Model:
    GS
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

take out the battery, hold down BOTH volume buttons, and plug in the usb. The phone will turn on in DL mode, and odin will recognize it.

if odin doesn't recognize it, it's likely that you installed heimdall and overwrote the odin drivers. you can try to uninstall them, and reinstall odin, but it was less frustrating for me to use a laptop that didnt have the heimdall drivers on it.

#3 justaguy

justaguy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

just flash the recovery files, you don't need to flash back to stock rom.

Edited by justaguy, 29 October 2011 - 03:16 PM.