Jump to content

Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse
 

CM9


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 lt6669

lt6669
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
    P999
  • CM Version:
    Nightly 201 and 7.1.0.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

View PostLiindberg, on 11 December 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

Try out the ice scream sandwich alpha for o2x if you cant wait

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1385879
Tried it for P999 (G2X) version, both with and without on screen keys, looks great. Will wait for more stable version to test and see if video issue from CM7 has been resolved, there is no way at this point to stream HD video and to play a lot of HD games like "The Settlers HD". Cheers.

#2 bluemamba

bluemamba
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Country:
    ro - Romania
  • Location:
    Bucharest
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus G - E975 intl.
  • CM Version:
    CM nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:03 AM

I was just wondering if CM9 will have full hardware acceleration for the Optimus' Tegra II cpu/gpu.

#3 error415

error415
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    G2X
  • CM Version:
    CyanogeenMod 7.2.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Without the proper drivers from Nvidia probably not. Nvidia said the driver source will be released to their vendor partners sometime in jan/feb. So you wont see a fully working version of ICS till then.

#4 Nai

Nai
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Country:
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG P999 - G2x
  • CM Version:
    CM7 - Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

They did get G2X hardware acceleration working over at XDA

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=20061996

#5 bluemamba

bluemamba
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Country:
    ro - Romania
  • Location:
    Bucharest
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus G - E975 intl.
  • CM Version:
    CM nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

even better, the link below shows you the day by day progress for the ICS for Lg optimus 2x :
https://docs.google....U0UVZEamc#gid=0


#6 Blake1288

Blake1288
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG
  • CM Version:
    P999
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

There's been an alpha rom on the O2X for a month? Jesus Christ the G2X needs some new developers.

#7 unicorn11

unicorn11
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    lg optimus 2x
  • CM Version:
    7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

thanks for that link to the google doc.
And wanna thank Tabellenblatt1 for this as well,
just dont know where we can do that.

#8 loganmc10

loganmc10
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG P-999
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostBlake1288, on 16 January 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

There's been an alpha rom on the O2X for a month? Jesus Christ the G2X needs some new developers.

You should have clicked the link mate, the O2X Rom was just a port of the G2X alpha, the G2X ICS ROM came first, link here:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1380051

#9 Blake1288

Blake1288
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG
  • CM Version:
    P999
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Months it's been out yet no updates? This is what I'm talking about.

#10 alphs

alphs
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    LG-P999
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostBlake1288, on 18 January 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Months it's been out yet no updates? This is what I'm talking about.
There hasn't been any updates because people kept asking dumb questions and whining (like what you're doing) and the thread got locked.

If you want any updates on it, just check @ts0cha0tik (twitter).

Last I heard they haven't been able to solve the sound and camera issue, and the team's releasing it so other devs might find a workaround.

#11 Tony Hickham

Tony Hickham
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostBlake1288, on 18 January 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Months it's been out yet no updates? This is what I'm talking about.
seriously dude... dont complain unless you're willing to help!! im not a dev, but i know it's hard.. what are you adding to the pot? nothing.. so dont complain about how it's cooking... sit back and wait like the rest of us thankful, appreciative people who have no idea how to help but are happy to "test" their ports...

#12 csid

csid
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Country:
    ro - Romania
  • Location:
    Cloaked Behind You
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus 2X P990
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7.2.0 Kang
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

for updates, keep checking https://docs.google....U0UVZEamc#gid=0 , but try to be a decent human being and stop posting  for ETAs or updates and refresh the hell out of that spreadsheet until servers go down. please stop spamming with ETA questions or requests for progress updates. you can bet that whenever the devs will have an update, they will post it :)

#13 arda

arda
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Country:
    am - Armenia
  • Device Model:
    o 2x speed
  • CM Version:
    CM7.2.0 RC0 SelfKANG
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

View Postcsid, on 19 January 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

for updates, keep checking https://docs.google....U0UVZEamc#gid=0 , but try to be a decent human being and stop posting  for ETAs or updates and refresh the hell out of that spreadsheet until servers go down. please stop spamming with ETA questions or requests for progress updates. you can bet that whenever the devs will have an update, they will post it :)

google docs is realtime, no refreshes needed :)

#14 JGiftmacher

JGiftmacher
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
  • Country:
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus 2X
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Looks like @ts0cha0tik has had enough of LG (Got to say I sympathise). At this point it looks like the G2X/O2X aren't going to see CM9 thanks to LG keeping the code to themselves. It's definitely the last time I buy an LG phone, they've got to be one of the worst offenders for slow to non-existent updates and now they won't even help independent projects. Pretty poor stuff.

On the plus side, I've got CM7, which is more up-to-date than LG's offering in the UK.

#15 Wickedg33k

Wickedg33k

    Open Source For Life

  • Donators
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:wickedg33k
  • Country:
    us - United States
  • Location:
    North Carolina
  • Device Model:
    g2x/ sammy tab 10.1
  • CM Version:
    CM Nightly *
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

For the people that are complaining about why there has not been any update in development. Go as Uncle Nvidia, Aunt LG and I think Daddy Google for source code/drivers for the components that aren't working.

I think the devs are frustrated with all the reverse eng that they have to do on the components and have reached a wall and are waiting PATIENTLY for driver/source release from one of the 3 above.

Sorry to be blunt but if you look at all the tegra alpha builds you will see the same issue through them all .

#16 JGiftmacher

JGiftmacher
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
  • Country:
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus 2X
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostWickedg33k, on 22 January 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

For the people that are complaining about why there has not been any update in development. Go as Uncle Nvidia, Aunt LG and I think Daddy Google for source code/drivers for the components that aren't working.

I think the devs are frustrated with all the reverse eng that they have to do on the components and have reached a wall and are waiting PATIENTLY for driver/source release from one of the 3 above.

Sorry to be blunt but if you look at all the tegra alpha builds you will see the same issue through them all .

Yup, I've already started harassing LG for the code (for all the good it'll do). Might drop nVidia a line too, though I thought they'd already released their drivers?

Either way, it's ridiculous to expect independent developers to RE all APIs/code, if we had wanted a closed source platform we'd have bought an apple phone. At this point I can't help but wonder if some of the vendors are keeping the code to themselves because community projects like CM keep showing them up. :/

#17 JGiftmacher

JGiftmacher
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
  • Country:
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus 2X
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hmm nvidia have released tegra drivers for ICS (not open source mind):

http://developer.nvi...droid-available

I don't know enough to tell whether this is useful for Tegra 2 chipsets, "Ventanta" is Tegra 2 right? Can any one confirm this? I'd just like to know so I can quit pestering nvidia and concentrate on LG if that's the case. :)

#18 lt6669

lt6669
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
    P999
  • CM Version:
    Nightly 201 and 7.1.0.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Postloganmc10, on 17 January 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

You should have clicked the link mate, the O2X Rom was just a port of the G2X alpha, the G2X ICS ROM came first, link here:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1380051

Might also look into Miui 2.1.20 as I am writing, this is the current version available, here is the link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1421713 Cheers. I understand that this is ICS port too, have not loaded this yet, but will try when i get a chance, if anyone else tries before me, let me know how if works out for you. :D

#19 JGiftmacher

JGiftmacher
  • Donators
  • 14 posts
  • Country:
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus 2X
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postlt6669, on 23 January 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Might also look into Miui 2.1.20 as I am writing, this is the current version available, here is the link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1421713 Cheers. I understand that this is ICS port too, have not loaded this yet, but will try when i get a chance, if anyone else tries before me, let me know how if works out for you. :D

Is that ICS? I thought ICS was Miui v4? I'm pretty sure I've seen a few people saying there's no G2X/O2X ICS-Miui on xda, just ROMs incorporating the ICS frame work.

#20 lt6669

lt6669
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
    P999
  • CM Version:
    Nightly 201 and 7.1.0.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostJGiftmacher, on 23 January 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Is that ICS? I thought ICS was Miui v4? I'm pretty sure I've seen a few people saying there's no G2X/O2X ICS-Miui on xda, just ROMs incorporating the ICS frame work.
Might be true, I have not looked any farther into this. :blink:

You are right, I just looked directly into MIUI, this is Ginger-Goodness with some ICS implementation. (NOT ICS). :wacko: :( :D Will keep looking and waiting.

Edited by lt6669, 27 January 2012 - 04:44 PM.