Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Proximity sensor causes phone to vibrate during call

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ColeTrain!

ColeTrain!
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:ColeEdwards66
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

THANK U GRAWLBERT

Ok I have it! This drove me nuts! The key is "no overides " Which I have no idea what it really means. And I'm not sure which of several I set to " no overides" is actually the solution. But I got what I wanted and stopped! I had been clicking buttons and using my wife's phone to call mine for 30 minutes. I desired the phone to vibrate when it rang but NOT do that notify thing when u were talking.

Menu < settings< profiles< (select desired profile) > phone > settings:
Notifications (no overides)
Ring mode (no overides)
Vibrate mode (no overides)

Gosh this drove me nuts. One thing on an AWESOME mod! Now its ALL awesome!

#2 EmperorOfNyte

EmperorOfNyte
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:Greg_MG
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.2 w/ Tiamat Kernel
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

My phone does vibrate during a call, but I noticed my screen, even when I'm talking, the sensor just seems to be off because my screen just flashes on and off and on and off and on and off.

Is there any way to recalibrate the PSensor or something? I've heard of something called "Proximity Recover" being used to fix this problem in the ZTE phone forums. What is that? Is it an app, because it's not in the market.

#3 aloe

aloe
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

I was trying lots of solutions I was seeing seeing from my searches, but nothing seemed to work for me.  But then, thanks to Jay Barr's post above, I suspected the profiles.  I can't say I did a proper experiment because I did change a few things at the same time and so I don't know exactly what fixed it, but I thought I'd post here.

- I ended up simply deleting all my profiles and creating a couple new ones.
- I also played with the "Settings->Sound->Vibrate" and "Silent Mode" options, but I can't tell you exactly what I changed to/from because I don't remember what they were set to.

Hope this helps someone who was just as frustrated as I was!
Now onto figuring out how to get visual voicemail working...

EDIT:
I was wrong.  I think that it was only working because my phone may have been in silent mode.  Or maybe there was a regression and the problem came back.  Anyway... still looking for a solution and I'll try to remember to update this if/when I find one.

Edited by aloe, 21 December 2011 - 09:24 PM.