Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Once Android Touchpad battery dies, it no longer charges

charging

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 flashfreakmx

flashfreakmx
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    evo 4G
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

I just installed cyanogen on my touchpad and I love it, but the battery died and now it won't seem to recognize the charger.  The charger works because I tested it on another touchpad.  Is there anything I can do?  Will HP say 'Screw you!' since I installed android?

Thanks!

#2 ynyxlx

ynyxlx
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    hp touchpad
  • CM Version:
    cm7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

flashfreakmx, on 25 October 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

I just installed cyanogen on my touchpad and I love it, but the battery died and now it won't seem to recognize the charger.  The charger works because I tested it on another touchpad.  Is there anything I can do?  Will HP say 'Screw you!' since I installed android?

Thanks!

just wait for several mins or hours,it will be ok

#3 mshsr1

mshsr1
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO 3D
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

flashfreakmx, on 25 October 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

Thanks!

It may also be that your touchpad has gone into suspend mode and charging does nothing. Hold the power button and the home button down for 20 secs and see if that helps.

#4 tbodary

tbodary
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    droid x2 - HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

This happened to me as well... I did the Power + Home long press many times to no avail. Plugged into to USB and got the message to plug into the charger. I was pretty worried but after an hour or so while on the charger the charging battery icon turned into a usb icon and then it worked. So dont be too worried.

#5 Grawlbert

Grawlbert
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

strange, was it charging while plugged into an outlet or via computer usb?

#6 netkillercat

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

i had that happen and i left charging over night it did charge enough for me to boot webos then it really started charging from then on i dont let it drain all the way in android i allways boot back webos for charging hope that helps in till they get battery fix dont let it drain all the way when using android

Edited by netkillercat, 25 October 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#7 adamjamess

adamjamess
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:adamjamess
  • Device Model:
    Apple iPhone 4
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

I am currently experiencing this issue. It has been on the charger for about an hour now, hoping it snaps out of it soon since I use it in class.

#8 selsey

selsey
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Alpha
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

I am having the same problem. I have tried holding down the power and home buttons multiple times to no avail. Have had the touchpad charging over night to try and put enough charge in it to start and still no joy....

#9 netkillercat

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

i read some where that if you plug it to pc it may work after battery drain
" i don't know if it works"  but give it a try plug it to pc and leave for some time
may juice it enough to boot up and boot to webos not android
do not  charge on android do it on webos do not let it drain all the way when in android
i had same problem ones lucky i was able to charge it up again but learn my lesson
don't let it drain on android or charge just saying that's just me in till they get battery working right on android and hopefully they make it so battery has more life on android then webos hopefully even do in webos battery life is amazing it really is

my English sucks

#10 SVJ

SVJ
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:easternpa
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Barnes and Noble NC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

I just went through this as well. It honestly took over 4 hours before the warning to use the official charger cleared. Left it charging overnight and it was fine by morning. No lasting issues, just a long charging time.

#11 CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 9A2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Mine won't actually charge unless the device is on.  I plugged in mine over night, when I turned it back on the battery was drained the same as when I plugged it in.

Now what I do is I turn it on, plug it in, then hit the power button to make it sleep and it charges.

Problem is minor considering how epic it is to have Android.

#12 rkmaguluri

rkmaguluri
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HP TOUCHPAD
  • CM Version:
    2.1 ALPHA
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Had the same problem. Tried to press Home + Power for sometime to see if it comes up. It didn't work.  
Then I connected the Touchpad to my PC. After few mins When I pressed Home + Power , light on the Home button started flashing.
Then I disconnected from the PC and connected it to power outlet.
Plug/battery picture started flashing on the screen. Left it charging for couple of hours.
It started working fine.

#13 SVJ

SVJ
  • Members
  • 61 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Barnes and Noble NC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Quick update. I experienced the more severe "down hard" last night and found it still dead this morning. I did the Home+Power for 20 seconds, and it worked first try. About 16 seconds in, up came a picture of a dead battery. I'm a little ticked for not trying little last night when I suspected it because now my wife goes a day without a tablet.

Also, being the geek in the family, I carry most of the computer and power cables in my bag, so I was trying to get away with charging the TP with my CM7 NC charger (but TP cable), and the TP still complained about not getting enough juice -- but it eventually worked. Not this time.

Hopefully the native TP charger will charge it from 0 a little faster than the 8 hours the NC charger took. I seriously cannot wait for this to get on the nightlies and eventually go stable. Its going to be a beautiful day.

#14 dvscool

dvscool
  • Donators
  • 67 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hmm..

From reading some of these posts I have one obvious observation. If you really need your touchpad to “work” or you need it to be dependable/stable, perhaps you shouldn’t be running an alpha build?

No offense to anyone it just seems like if it’s a concern.....then don’t do it...

I think we have all become a bit spoiled and forgotten this is alpha because it’s actually very good =)

#15 SVJ

SVJ
  • Members
  • 61 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Barnes and Noble NC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

I think the point is that if this is receiving much of the attention, then the distro really is almost there. I was introduced to CM5 on the G1, and bought my Nook Color specifically to CMify it. When I made the jump from BB to Android, I bought a Nexus One knowing I would CMify it once Google abandoned it. I replaced my wife's G1 with a Backflip within a week of CM7 support being announced, and I was watching CL for TPs for a couple of weeks, waiting for the first slip up I could find.

My wife doing Facebook all day is hardly mission critical. She likes it, that's all. I want to be part of the crowd that helps solidify the experience on the TP. I'm not about to uninstall it because its not perfect yet. If they didn't want us to talk about our experience, I doubt this forum would be open.

#16 dvscool

dvscool
  • Donators
  • 67 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

SVJ, on 11 November 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

I think the point is that if this is receiving much of the attention, then the distro really is almost there. I was introduced to CM5 on the G1, and bought my Nook Color specifically to CMify it. When I made the jump from BB to Android, I bought a Nexus One knowing I would CMify it once Google abandoned it. I replaced my wife's G1 with a Backflip within a week of CM7 support being announced, and I was watching CL for TPs for a couple of weeks, waiting for the first slip up I could find.

My wife doing Facebook all day is hardly mission critical. She likes it, that's all. I want to be part of the crowd that helps solidify the experience on the TP. I'm not about to uninstall it because its not perfect yet. If they didn't want us to talk about our experience, I doubt this forum would be open.

I’m not suggesting in any way that people shouldn’t be posting their issues.  Just that if you need your pad for school or work or something like that, you might want to think twice.  That’s all.

Let’s say, we shouldn’t use an alpha version in a production environment. Fair?

Not meaning to offend anyone. =)

#17 wlado

wlado
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    galaxy S
  • CM Version:
    random ginger
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

thank u cyanogen for this great mode,

when i installed android on my HP TP, i was like WOW, and then, i left it for 5 mins and id died  !

i was so freaked out, nothing worked, and then i tried power + back button for 20 sec and it woke....i was like feeeew...

i have one question, what should i do with battery? should i charged it in webOS or android?

cyanogen, u made my day, when stabile mode comes out i'm gonna send money to u, u deserve all the credit there  is,  i love u GEEKS !

#18 netkillercat

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

you will be better off charging on webos  and don't let it drain all the way i let it drain to 15% 10%  then i reboot to webos to finish draining the battery and then charge it on webos
im doing that in till stable cm comes out

from  experience you don t want the battery to get drain to the point where it wont charge been there done that
Android  dos drain the battery

i have been using under clocking

to get better battery life

i also get much better battery life by  turning off stupid stuff like widgets basically eye candy stuff

and i also use screen filter app to make the screen even dimmer to conserve battery

hope this is good info dont want people to get stuck like a did with a dead touchpad because i let it drain using android and just for good measure don't charge on android again lol

my English sucks

Edited by netkillercat, 12 November 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#19 bkdg100

bkdg100
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    L7C
  • CM Version:
    APHA HP
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

wlado, on 11 November 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

thank u cyanogen for this great mode,

when i installed android on my HP TP, i was like WOW, and then, i left it for 5 mins and id died  !

i was so freaked out, nothing worked, and then i tried power + back button for 20 sec and it woke....i was like feeeew...

i have one question, what should i do with battery? should i charged it in webOS or android?

cyanogen, u made my day, when stabile mode comes out i'm gonna send money to u, u deserve all the credit there  is,  i love u GEEKS !

DITTO DITTO DITTO .....

#20 Gall0wz

Gall0wz
  • Donators
  • 84 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HPTouchpad
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

netkillercat, on 12 November 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

you will be better off charging on webos  and don't let it drain all the way i let it drain to 15% 10%  then i reboot to webos to finish draining the battery and then charge it on webos
im doing that in till stable cm comes out

from  experience you don t want the battery to get drain to the point where it wont charge been there done that
Android  dos drain the battery

i have been using under clocking

to get better battery life

i also get much better battery life by  turning off stupid stuff like widgets basically eye candy stuff

and i also use screen filter app to make the screen even dimmer to conserve battery

hope this is good info dont want people to get stuck like a did with a dead touchpad because i let it drain using android and just for good measure don't charge on android again lol

my English sucks

I had the same thing happen.  I plugged it into the wall outlet (not USB port) let it charge for about 20 min and then held the power button and the home button (little button on front).  Booted up just fine again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charging