Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM7 for Showcase

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JDinAK

JDinAK
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    droid x
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

Is it safe to say that CM7 for the showcase isnt safe for prime time at the moment? Im getting this phone in a few days from ACS Alaska and wont have a sbf to flash if I mess it up. I dont want to take any chance. I ran CM7 on my droid X and it was pretty stable and I loved it.  I would love to put it on this phone but not without any safety net.

Any thoughts from those using it?

#2 Tangentabacus

Tangentabacus
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Showcase
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

My Showcase from ACS has some issues ever since I installed CM7... I'd be careful and understand that the road of CM7 on the Showcase is a risky road. But I think I'm the only one on here who has an ACS Showcase. When you first get yours can you do my a favor and PM your APN settings? Also if you flash a recovery on there can you dump your stock ACS ROM for me? I lost my backup. :(

But to tell you the thing that's killing my Showcase for me... I live in Seward and here the service is fantastic and works great, but when I go to Anchorage It doesn't work at all. No calls or text or anything. No idea why that is...

#3 Tangentabacus

Tangentabacus
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Showcase
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

Also, I think I've narrowed what's causing my phone to act funny in Anchorage... PRL settings. My phone won't properly activate when I do *228 which would usually update the PRL settings. So I'm starting to wonder if since it's not activating I'm not getting the proper PRL settings put onto my phone.

#4 JDinAK

JDinAK
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    droid x
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

I recall reading in another thread about people having the same problem you just described when losing signal in a non home town. Something to do with where you were when you fired cyanogen up for the first time.

I must say Im kinda bummed now hearing that I might be stuck with the stock samsung rom. Perhaps I should have just kept the Motorola milestone from ACS which ran cyanogen great with nightly updates. <_<

#5 Tangentabacus

Tangentabacus
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Showcase
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

Ugh... I know... My Desire was awesome but outdated. Problem is now I don't know what to do to get my phone working again. Plus if I don't get it working I'm kinda scared what ACS is going to say to me if I want it fixed... Again... Only so many excuses can be had before they are onto me.

#6 Tangentabacus

Tangentabacus
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Showcase
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

Also... I'd buy the entire "only in your home area" stuff... But you really can't go anywhere and -not- be in your home area... For CDMA your only option is ACS. GCI, and AT&T are GSM. Since those are all our options here it's pretty much always going to boot up on ACS unless I'm getting signal from a cell tower from Canada...